Yuna Kim | Page 149 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

cooper

Medalist
that's what figures skating fans in Korea want, or it could be a IOC member as little Kim said long time ago.
KSU really needs to be separated from short track (and speed) cause KSU only cares about them.

screw the IOC.. i know she was vocal about this before but recently she's more realistic.. IOC is and will always be corrupt.. i rather see yuna not being part of it to be honest..

as for KSU.. wish figure skating will be disbanded from those losers.. they did nothing to protect yuna.. no support at all from the start until the end..

chloec

Rinkside
screw the IOC.. i know she was vocal about this before but recently she's more realistic.. IOC is and will always be corrupt.. i rather see yuna not being part of it to be honest..

as for KSU.. wish figure skating will be disbanded from those losers.. they did nothing to protect yuna.. no support at all from the start until the end..

can't agree more.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Sorry, he had and accident. Why cheater?

Apparently he went to massage parlor(the kind with prostitutes), and above all, he left his dorm, along with several others, without permission or telling his superiors. So now he is a regular soldier instead of being athlete status.

Alba

Record Breaker
Apparently he went to massage parlor(the kind with prostitutes), and above all, he left his dorm, along with several others, without permission or telling his superiors. So now he is a regular soldier instead of being athlete status.

Ah ok. I know that the military service is very serious thing there, because of N.Korea, but I didn't understand the reference about the cheater. Now I see.
Is the status of athlete lost forever?

cooper

Medalist
one of my friends is korean.. and he said that those traditional Thai massages are in short of prostitution heaven.. lol.. you know what i mean.. :laugh:

jimeonji

Final Flight
Ah ok. I know that the military service is very serious thing there, because of N.Korea, but I didn't understand the reference about the cheater. Now I see.
Is the status of athlete lost forever?
To make matters worse, some netizens are saying that if they needed a massage they didn't have to go out for it - as athletes they should have personal masseurs on base with them.

His mandatory military service is supposed to end in September so I suppose after that, in the eyes of the government, it shouldn't matter. Having athlete status probably meant that he had some perks over the regular soldier.

Of course, his image is soiled forever.

Alba

Record Breaker
His mandatory military service is supposed to end in September so I suppose after that, in the eyes of the government, it shouldn't matter. Having athlete status probably meant that he had some perks over the regular soldier.

Of course, his image is soiled forever.

So it doesn't mean he can't be an athlete anymore. By the way, it's the first time I see him in a picture. I must say he is a very good looking man.

elee63

Final Flight
Apparently the three got "permission" from the coach to leave, which still doesn't cut it, because he wasn't an official who has the power of giving the soldiers permission to leave the premises. The probes and investigations are said to have proven that the establishment was not involved in prostitution. But they were still out driving (under the influence?) when they had no right to be. What irks me is the torn ligament. People are really going to be using that phrase karma's a ***** in relation to this whole deal, when in reality, we will never know what actually happened. And the guy's expelled from the national team, maybe will never recover his top form, as well as face the pointing fingers of the entire nation. Good luck to him.

Barb

Record Breaker
I dont understand the big deal, he was to a prostitution place, whatever, all of men do it, even if they have a girlfriend or wife, he leave her service without permission, yes surely he is the first person in the world doing it :rolleye:

mr1006

Spectator
I dont understand the big deal, he was to a prostitution place, whatever, all of men do it, even if they have a girlfriend or wife, he leave her service without permission, yes surely he is the first person in the world doing it :rolleye:
The big deal is that he went AWOL.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Apparently the three got "permission" from the coach to leave, which still doesn't cut it, because he wasn't an official who has the power of giving the soldiers permission to leave the premises. The probes and investigations are said to have proven that the establishment was not involved in prostitution. But they were still out driving (under the influence?) when they had no right to be. What irks me is the torn ligament. People are really going to be using that phrase karma's a ***** in relation to this whole deal, when in reality, we will never know what actually happened. And the guy's expelled from the national team, maybe will never recover his top form, as well as face the pointing fingers of the entire nation. Good luck to him.

ah, so he is being punished outside of just his athlete status. I doubt they'll ever forgive him. Thanks for answering my question about the mentor word, btw. Slowly learning Korean lol.

Krislite

Medalist

"All men do it" is not an acceptable excuse. But whatever. I'm not one to want to pry too much into Yuna's private life and her relationships. This being major news is a bit disappointing.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Of course you don't understand, who am I kidding :rolleye: It's not a big deal in Japan, yeah, I'm sure many Japan news site are busy to report this.

This is the big news in Korea, not because what he did or whoever he is as individual, it's because he is Yuna's man. He is expected to has great manner and not doing anything to embarrassing his high status girlfriend