Yuna Kim | Page 150 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

treeloving

Medalist
Of course you don't understand, who am I kidding :rolleye: It's not a big deal in Japan, yeah, I'm sure many Japan news site are busy to report this.

This is the big news in Korea, not because what he did or whoever he is as individual, it's because he is Yuna's man. He is expected to has great manner and not doing anything to embarrassing his high status girlfriend

Is this a bit too much? I wonder why many fan acting like their are parent/ guardian of the figure skaters. If the man is bad, Yuna is adult and can manage the matter by her own. Of course, this kind of behavior is disappointing, but expect him to be a super moral/political correct human being just because he is Yuna's boyfriend is a bit :unsure: If fan really concern about Yuna then they should give her a private space too.

BTW, while there are some message parlor that actually is a prostitution place, real Thai traditional message is far from that. You will be hurt as hell for a day after the section that make it already hard to move, having sex after that would be quite painful.....

jimeonji

Final Flight
[/B]

Is this a bit too much? I wonder why many fan acting like their are parent/ guardian of the figure skaters. If the man is bad, Yuna is adult and can manage the matter by her own. Of course, this kind of behavior is disappointing, but expect him to be a super moral/political correct human being just because he is Yuna's boyfriend is a bit :unsure: If fan really concern about Yuna then they should give her a private space too.

BTW, while there are some message parlor that actually is a prostitution place, real Thai traditional message is far from that. You will be hurt as hell for a day after the section that make it already hard to move, having sex after that would be quite painful.....

It's not just Yuna's fans. The entire country basically worships her. In all the Korean articles I've seen the titles have all started with "Kim Yuna's boyfriend, Kim Wan Joong ..." basically, this is only relevant because he's her boyfriend. And as the boyfriend of the Queen, he is expected not to tarnish her image. Furthermore, people were already sensitive towards mandatory military service soldiers (especially those that have higher status than regular soldiers aka athlete status) due to a series of scandals I believe last year involving celebrities abusing their entertainer status by sneaking out and going to questionable massage parlors. Kim Wan Joong sneaking out of dorms without permission to do something like get a massage, whether it was involved with prostitution or not, is against the rules and thus caused all this backlash.

cooper

Medalist
nguyenghita's post is quiet an exaggeration.. lol..

chapis.. it is a big deal because he lied to his superior officers and didn't tell them for 1 month.. it was against the rules in military service in korea.. the army had a tip..and the bf and other 2 were caught...

and it became a news because he is yuna's bf which is sad because his action has nothing to do w/ yuna at all.. and in korea once you violated the rules there are consequences..

nguyenghita

On the Ice
[/B]

Well, I didn't said for the entire world, I said for Korea. Yuna in Korea is the nation's culture by herself, their biggest icon, one of the biggest pride respresent Korea to the world. So obviously the entire nation care so much about her's man.

Media already reported this massage not including prostitution, but no one believe it, that's matter.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
nguyenghita's post is quiet an exaggeration.. lol..

chapis.. it is a big deal because he lied to his superior officers and didn't tell them for 1 month.. it was against the rules in military service in korea.. the army had a tip..and the bf and other 2 were caught...

and it became a news because he is yuna's bf which is sad because his action has nothing to do w/ yuna at all.. and in korea once you violated the rules there are consequences..
No, it's not a big deal because Kim Won Joong against the rule, it's a big deal because the man who against the rule is Yuna's man. Read all the comments from Knez as well as the TV News or articles, it's a big mess because it's related to Yuna, not the story itself. Do you really think any ordinary military men who is broke the law would cause a point finger from entire nation? No one would care, even media wouldn't bother to report

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I thought I'd chime in here with some insight I have as I've kept up with korean pop culture, actors, athletes, music, etc. for years, well before I even knew of Yuna.

As others have said, the massage parlor thing is not a big deal (to Koreans) in itself, because honestly, it is common. Going to a massage parlor during South Korea's mandatory 2-year military service (for men) is also really common, but when it isn't okayed before hand then it's a big problem. Especially if it is a celebrity. For example see what happened to Seven (also spelled 7even). He is/was one of the most popular male solo singers in SK & was shown to be visiting a massage parlor without authorization & was consequently jailed, let out prematurely, and caused an ever bigger scandal. He was then jailed again- I think the sentence was something like 10 days? But he only served a few and was released early again (I think). Something like that. The visit itself wasn't too damning, but not getting the okay to go there and subsequently receiving light punishments for it was a very big deal.

If this hadn't happened post-Seven I bet his punishment would not have been as severe. And taking into account he is Yuna's boyfriend, who is one of the darlings of SK & commonly named the most 'ideal' woman by Korean men, his reputation will never recover.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I thought I'd chime in here with some insight I have as I've kept up with korean pop culture, actors, athletes, music, etc. for years, well before I even knew of Yuna.

As others have said, the massage parlor thing is not a big deal (to Koreans) in itself, because honestly, it is common. Going to a massage parlor during South Korea's mandatory 2-year military service (for men) is also really common, but when it isn't okayed before hand then it's a big problem. Especially if it is a celebrity. For example see what happened to Seven (also spelled 7even). He is/was one of the most popular male solo singers in SK & was shown to be visiting a massage parlor without authorization & was consequently jailed, let out prematurely, and caused an ever bigger scandal. He was then jailed again- I think the sentence was something like 10 days? But he only served a few and was released early again (I think). Something like that. The visit itself wasn't too damning, but not getting the okay to go there and subsequently receiving light punishments for it was a very big deal.

If this hadn't happened post-Seven I bet his punishment would not have been as severe. And taking into account he is Yuna's boyfriend, who is one of the darlings of SK & commonly named the most 'ideal' woman by Korean men, his reputation will never recover.
very well said

chloec

Rinkside
this accident happened like couple of months ago and now they reported like it happened yesterday. I know there are other military issues (one of young soldier died for being beaten and severe punishment by others who have seniority) and Kim's boyfriend issue became a bigger problem somehow. I mean one soldier died and this guy went for a massage. Which one is bigger? but K media reported more than 200 article yesterday about Kim's guy and all the article contains a word "Kim Yuna's boyfriend" on the heads. I'm not defending this scum and he surely had a mistake. But I'm just saying people are over reacting about Kim not him by talking about their relationship. kim's fans are not saying anything about her personal life to protect her now

cooper

Medalist
http://sports.news.nate.com/view/20140808n02547

Media reports have also carried news that this is not the first time that Kim Won Joong and other members of the men’s hockey team have been in trouble with military authorities,

alleged late-night drinking sessions with women also said to have taken place late last year following competitions.

A military spokesperson would only tell reporters, “The matter is under investigation at the moment.”

If found guilty, there is a possibility that Kim Won Joong could face time in military prison.

i guess this is not the first time he violated the rules.. yikes!!!:bang:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
But I'm just saying people are over reacting about Kim not him by talking about their relationship. kim's fans are not saying anything about her personal life to protect her now
I really don't think keep silent and let her date whoever she want is protect her. Do you know what happend to actress Choi Jin Shil? She dated and married a baseball player who is actually a bastard, the rest is a tragedy with that couple and her brother kill themself. Knet and public opinion are matter in Korea, they can really put pressure on famous figure.

I usually don't like annoying Knet, but this time I actually agree with them. With their voice, Yuna may be pressured to break up with him, unless she already did. What can you expect in a guy like him, broke the law, went to massage parlor, partied all night with girls while his freaking girlfriend was suffering????

cooper

Medalist
^nguyenghita.. any comments from ATS? or they want this matter to be resolved privately??

nguyenghita

On the Ice
^nguyenghita.. any comments from ATS? or they want this matter to be resolved privately??
Media already called Yuna's agency on 6th, they actually didn't say anything but "we don't know about athlete's privacy". Well, that's right after the news broke out so maybe they didn't know what to say. If media and public continue burn this up, ATS may say something in next few days.

cooper

Medalist
Media already called Yuna's agency on 6th, they actually didn't say anything but "we don't know about athlete's privacy". Well, that's right after the news broke out so maybe they didn't know what to say. If media and public continue burn this up, ATS may say something in next few days.

i wonder what yuna's family think of this.. especially her mom.. yikes!!! there were some comments from the korean netizens that her mom didn't like the guy?? yikes!!:eek:hwell:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
i wonder what yuna's family think of this.. especially her mom.. yikes!!! there were some comments from the korean netizens that her mom didn't like the guy?? yikes!!:eek:hwell:
Yes, her mom didn't like him, I heard the main problem is his playboy past, he dated at least 3 famous girls before Yuna, while he probaly is Yuna's first love.

starlight97

Final Flight
Now, I don't want to defend the guy, and I agree that it would be for the best, if she ended things with him before she gets hurt.

BUT- I think it's very selfish of the Korean media and so on to keep involving her in such things, even though she has noooothing to do with it! (If it was "Yuna Kim's boyfriend publishes private information about her" or "Yuna's boyfriend was spotted kissing another women" then, yes, she would be directly involved, but here? He broke military law here, not faith..)
and also expect her to break up with him BECAUSE OF that. Like she has a responsibility to live the perfect life, with the perfect man and so on...and remain the 'ideal'.
But she has been the good, behaved, obedient, responsible girl for her entire life ! She did everything to fit her role as national goddess, she NEVER caused any scandal, she worked under more pressure than any skater in this world - and managed to be better than any skater in this world, still!
She only lived for her mum and others and to make them happy for her entire life, so far..
She did so much for the Korean people, she sacrificed so much! Now, I know they just want the best for her, but maybe they should allow her to find out what exactly that is by herself and without pressure. .

Can't she 'test the waters' now in her mid-twenties? Be allowed to love a not so perfect guy? Make the 'mistakes' she couldn't make as a teenager, and live freely for once ?

Do you know what I mean :) ?

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Can't she 'test the waters' now in her mid-twenties? Be allowed to love a not so perfect guy? Make the 'mistakes' she couldn't make as a teenager, and live freely for once ?

Do you know what I mean :) ?
I understand your point, and that's make sense

But still, people chose wrong/be cheated in love because they didn't know exactly what his/her partner do behind his/her back. But for Yuna, she knows exactly what her man do without her, how he caused so many troubles, how he gave her so much embarrassing, not to mention maybe cheating. She know that, she has many people help her to know that, why she have to continue with that trash and make mistake?

chloec

Rinkside
^^because she is only human.

No one said Kim is not human. lol

and agree with starlight97.

Don't forget that relationship gets stronger with obstacles. That's why I don't say anything about this guy on Knet. LMAO.
Hope she can date more than 30 guys until she gets married. The more the better ;)

chloec

Rinkside
I really don't think keep silent and let her date whoever she want is protect her. Do you know what happend to actress Choi Jin Shil? She dated and married a baseball player who is actually a bastard, the rest is a tragedy with that couple and her brother kill themself.

I don't think that your mention is appropriate. Ms.Choi is dead and the reason is not revealed. She past away many years later she got divorced. Plz don't insult a person who depart this life with unreasonable comparison. Kim is not like getting married to this guy right now.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I don't think that your mention is appropriate. Ms.Choi is dead and the reason is not revealed. She past away many years later she got divorced. Plz don't insult a person who depart this life with unreasonable comparison. Kim is not like getting married to this guy right now.
Sorry for the comparison, I didn't mean anything bad about Ms.Choi. It's just make me worried, maybe I'm too sensitive.