Yuna Kim | Page 156 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

anyanka

Record Breaker
Just saw this for the first time. Commentating by italian commentators during Sochi Olympics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ytZ_kvMU1M

Still breaks my heart, Sochi does. Not only because Yuna didn't get the medal she deserved but because I will never get to see her compete live. :'(

I saw that clip recently too and love how open and honest they were. They spoke for a lot of us fans, and even just casual viewers who tuned in. Compare that with the butt-kissing NBC did and saying one extra triple "made all the difference" (really Scott Hamilton? You wanna bring out that calculator and explain how one judge gave Yuna a ZERO in Transitions?!). Also, I'll never forget how ticked off Kurt Browning was and could picture him silently mouthing "What that ...???" to Carol Lane and Brenda Irving in the control booth.

Warwick360

Medalist
I saw that clip recently too and love how open and honest they were. They spoke for a lot of us fans, and even just casual viewers who tuned in. Compare that with the butt-kissing NBC did and saying one extra triple "made all the difference" (really Scott Hamilton? You wanna bring out that calculator and explain how one judge gave Yuna a ZERO in Transitions?!). Also, I'll never forget how ticked off Kurt Browning was and could picture him silently mouthing "What that ...???" to Carol Lane and Brenda Irving in the control booth.

Especially the lady commentator in the video who was so blunt in telling how it was, which is why I love the video. The part where she talked about how Russian federation couldn't have Lipnitskya in that position and therefore having Sotnikova in that position basically takes the cake.

As for Scott Hamilton, he's jumped the boat far too many times for me, one time is too many but this isn't the first time, so I don't think I could take his commentating seriously, ever. Besides US commentators usually fall out of favour with most people and it's the same with me with their constant rambling during the programs.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Especially the lady commentator in the video who was so blunt in telling how it was, which is why I love the video. The part where she talked about how Russian federation couldn't have Lipnitskya in that position and therefore having Sotnikova in that position basically takes the cake.

As for Scott Hamilton, he's jumped the boat far too many times for me, one time is too many but this isn't the first time, so I don't think I could take his commentating seriously, ever. Besides US commentators usually fall out of favour with most people and it's the same with me with their constant rambling during the programs.

Agreed. I'm still distraught and it's been nearly a year!

I made a point of downloading as much of Yuna's skating music as possible. Had to get the CD of Luis Bravo's Tango to get the same version of "Adios Nonino" out of my public library because for some reason iTunes of all places did not have it!!

Italian / RAI commentators are the best. Remember when Barbara Fusar-Poli and that other woman squealed "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!" when Caro finished her 2012W FS? I love that hysterical gut reaction. It's so honest and refreshing. Them screaming "E prima!! E prima!!" afterward was infectiously giddy. Love that these commentators have no filter, and that Queen Yuna's genius and artistry knows no national boundaries (except for Alla and her minions).

Alba

Record Breaker
Rai commentators are horrible.
The woman there is Silvia Fontana, she was a FS, and it's Sky Sport Italia which were really good.
They had Fontana, Ambesi (from Eurosport Italy commentator) and Maurizio Margaglio for ID. :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Amazing fan video of Yuna skating to So Youn's music cut of Romeo and Juliet, i love So Youn's version too btw but this one is also great :love: thanks to uploader SassyBondgirl9 :cheer:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^ wow, that's amazing, I would have included Yuna's 3Loop(but 3S is used fantastic here nonetheless) from miss saigon and step sequence from die fledermaus (also waltz tempo).:p

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
I love that the CF has a nice personal touch to it.

Yeah, she looks so gorgeous. Watching her old programs, she used to be this cute but slightly awkward girl with braces. But she grew up to be this incredible young lady who's beautiful inside and out.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Kim Yu-na has been featured in Mark Zuckerberg's (CEO of Facebook) video that highlights the biggest moments on Facebook in 2014. You can see her roughly at 1:10~1:15.

This is amazing.........A silver( :scowl: ) medalist getting more attention than the gold medalist. All in all though, She really is an incredible person, and obviously Yuna fans are not the only ones that know that!!

cooper

Medalist
Kim Yu-na has been featured in Mark Zuckerberg's (CEO of Facebook) video that highlights the biggest moments on Facebook in 2014. You can see her roughly at 1:10~1:15.

This is amazing.........A silver( :scowl: ) medalist getting more attention than the gold medalist. All in all though, She really is an incredible person, and obviously Yuna fans are not the only ones that know that!!

i feel you..

many koreans will never forget.. :popcorn:

s_parks

Record Breaker

Noolan

On the Ice
I feel like some of this has to do with the whole "Russians are evil" thing going on in US. After Google changing their logo to LGBT colors during the Olympics, Twitter and Facebook favouring non-Russian athletes doesn't really surprise me...

nguyenghita

On the Ice
:laugh: No surprise, given how crazy some of the fans were. (of course, I wasn't too happy with the results myself, but I wasn't going to go all pitchforks and torches either.)
If no one stand up but just politely accept that (ridiculous) result then the event would be forgotten in about 1 week. That's totally unfair for Yuna. She must know that she may not have her rightful medal, but she always has a huge support from millions. That's the most important thing.

s_parks

Record Breaker
If no one stand up but just politely accept that (ridiculous) result then the event would be forgotten in about 1 week. That's totally unfair for Yuna. She must know that she may not have her rightful medal, but she always has a huge support from millions. That's the most important thing.

It's too bad she didn't officially win a 2nd gold, but I think it kinda adds to her legacy that she lost it controversially. :p

nguyenghita

On the Ice
It's too bad she didn't officially win a 2nd gold, but I think it kinda adds to her legacy that she lost it controversially. :p
Honestly to say I quite like this outcome, it make people remember much longer than a regular winning, Yuna gain even more supporter through this.

If she win, people will say "Win again? So obviously, she always win anyway, she's a queen" then quickly forget, but with this, people say "Fck, how can she not win? Fck, so unfair, omg, poor Yuna, we will always love you, you are forever a queen no matter what, we will protect you, you're the best, we will never forget this" blah blah blah

She lost her medal, but she gain everything else. I'm happy for her.

Last edited:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist

Ah yes, we all know who will be remembered as the real winner in history's eyes. ;)

and cooper, not just Koreans will 'never forget'. She has a strong web of fans all over the world. I am actually from the country of the gold medalist, but I have been a hardcore Yuna fan since 2006, and she is my absolute favorite skater - and the winner of my heart in Sochi. :love: