Page 158 of 202 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3021

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

  1. #2356
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    yuna practicing her 3lutz at last week's ATS 2011... http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id...77&page=1&bbs=
    There it is, strong as ever, complete with a magnificent delay

  2. #2357
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    292
    All That Sport's official version of Homage to Korea footage:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdKrI...layer_embedded

  3. #2358
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,189
    http://happybean.naver.com/together/...o=123461399314

    translation..

    Sua is a 10 year old girl with brain tumor. she was a figure skater and had a dream of being a wonderful figure skater like Yuna. So, her supporters tried to make contact with All That Sports, Yuna’s agency, hoping Sua could meet Yuna. But, Yuna couldn’t come to meet her becuase of Pyeongchang’s bid schedules. The event for Sua seemed to end in failure. But, one day, one package was sent to Sua at the hospital. They were a white pair of skating boots with Yuna’s autograph and her cheering message for Sua. Sua loved them so much and tried to read Yuna’s messages even if she was too sick to express her feelings. she was so happy that she could’t take her eyes off the white skate boots.
    sad and inspiring.. ..:(

  4. #2359
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    292
    Yuna left Seoul to LA just now. In her interview with Korean news media, she said although she trained during her stay in Korea it wasn't enough for her to decide she is physically in an adequate shape for the upcoming worlds. She said she is not sure for now whether she will be in for worlds, and she will find out in LA whether she will be able to get herself back in shape for the competition when she goes through more intense training sessions.
    Last edited by parma; 08-30-2011 at 11:54 PM.

  5. #2360
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post
    Yuna left Seoul to LA just now. In her interview with Korean news media, she said although she trained during her stay in Korea it wasn't enough for her to decide she is physically in an adequate shape for the upcoming worlds. She said she is not sure for now whether she will be in for worlds, and she will find out in LA whether she will be able to get herself back in shape for the competition when she goes through more intense training sessions.
    i have no doubt she could get into physical shape easily, she looks very fit and has boundless talent with her jumps. i think the better question is if she can find the motivation to compete at peak level for this season.

  6. #2361
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    i have no doubt she could get into physical shape easily, she looks very fit and has boundless talent with her jumps. i think the better question is if she can find the motivation to compete at peak level for this season.
    Good point. she has some difficult decision making ahead of her. She never once skipped an entire season before, and while I sense that she is leaning toward doing so, no one knows what implication it would entail in terms of maintaining her skills as well as her presence in Korea, e.g. ticket sales for her ice shows.

    I think she will make a big decision and announce it soon regarding her future career as a competition skater. I mean, she can't put off her Sochi Olympic decision too long. It would be very unwise for her to maintain her "not-sure-in-or-out" status up to the one season before the Olympics and then decides not to go for the Games because the Korean public (and some of her fans also) will not take it well at all. I think this season is perhaps the last season in which she could show herself undetermined about the Olympics and be ok with the public and the media.
    Last edited by parma; 08-31-2011 at 02:43 AM.

  7. #2362
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post
    Good point. she has some difficult decision making ahead of her. She never once skipped an entire season before, and while I sense that she is leaning toward doing so, no one knows what implication it would entail in terms of maintaining her skills as well as her presence in Korea, e.g. ticket sales for her ice shows.

    I think she will make a big decision and announce it soon regarding her future career as a competition skater. I mean, she can't put off her Sochi Olympic decision too long. It would be very unwise for her to maintain her "not-sure-in-or-out" status up to the one season before the Olympics and then decides not to go for the Games because the Korean public (and some of her fans also) will not take it well at all. I think this season is perhaps the last season in which she could show herself undetermined about the Olympics and be ok with the public and the media.
    If she ever competes in 2012-2013 season, she will definitely go to Sochi.

  8. #2363
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beyond Neverland
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    If she ever competes in 2012-2013 season, she will definitely go to Sochi.
    Is hard to say with these things. You just never know

    It is very much a battle against herself for now, it may depends very much on how she feels when she's on ice back in LA.

  9. #2364
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Is hard to say with these things. You just never know

    It is very much a battle against herself for now, it may depends very much on how she feels when she's on ice back in LA.
    You are right, I can't be sure. But,..., I mean, why not one more year? YuNa has all good memory of Oly. I think she wants to have it one more, but just she is bored by seasons in between.

  10. #2365
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    You are right, I can't be sure. But,..., I mean, why not one more year?
    That's exactly the question all Korean media and the public will ask and even press on if Yuna is still undecided after this season and does the "skip Grand Prix, in for worlds" thing for the 2012-2013 season. Not good for her public relation.

  11. #2366
    lowtherlore
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post
    That's exactly the question all Korean media and the public will ask and even press on if Yuna is still undecided after this season and does the "skip Grand Prix, in for worlds" thing for the 2012-2013 season. Not good for her public relation.
    I don't think skipping GPs in this year or even next year would hurt her public relation/interest significantly. That kind of things I hope would be the last in the list of her priorities in making the decision. It would be good for her to allow herself some time for some of the things she wants to do.

    I agree with cosmos in that, if she does continue and compete in 2012-13 season, I can’t imagine her not eyeing Sochi at that point.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 08-31-2011 at 01:37 PM.

  12. #2367
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post
    That's exactly the question all Korean media and the public will ask and even press on if Yuna is still undecided after this season and does the "skip Grand Prix, in for worlds" thing for the 2012-2013 season. Not good for her public relation.
    Would it really hurt? I think it would be worse if she did skate but showed up unmotivated and not at the top of her game. She has enough celebrity factor to run on apperances and charity work and shows for at least a year.

  13. #2368
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Would it really hurt? I think it would be worse if she did skate but showed up unmotivated and not at the top of her game. She has enough celebrity factor to run on apperances and charity work and shows for at least a year.
    I agree that there is nothing worse than for her to appear less than fully committed in the competitions because part of her popularity comes from her hard working, dedicated professional image. It would be worse than her not competing at all. She has some important decision to make, and she may not have much time to contemplate. Yuna has not skipped an entire season before, and no one knows how doing so would affect the popularity of her shows next year, for which she seems to have deep passion nowadays.

  14. #2369
    lowtherlore
    Guest
    She would have a month or two to make that decision in LA. I think that’s long enough time.

    If she decides to skip the whole season, so be it. Sure, her show or public interest in her might lose some of its steam. But I think it should not be important AT ALL in deciding whether she’s ready to compete or where her heart is. I’m saying this as one of the fans that would love to see her continue competitive skating as long as she can.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 08-31-2011 at 02:07 PM.

  15. #2370
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,189
    dearest yuna.. happy 21st birthday!!!!!

Page 158 of 202 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •