Yuna Kim | Page 159 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

Junstella

Rinkside
I heard Yuna once skated in Carnaval des animaux(around 2001-2002? not so sure:think:) but I can't still find her comp video of it....
Does anyone know where I can find?

This is my first post by the way:yay: glad to be here!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Warm Welcome, your first post is dedicated to Yuna fan thread :cheer: Welcome to our family :yay: I also wanna watch her in 2001, she is only 11 years old then:shocked:

Junstella

Rinkside
Warm Welcome, your first post is dedicated to Yuna fan thread :cheer: Welcome to our family :yay: I also wanna watch her in 2001, she is only 11 years old then:shocked:

Thanks yyy!
Actually I'm at the same age as Yuna, so 2001 sounds too long time ago:shocked: and imagine, Yuna and other skaters about her age were already starting their currier...

Anyway this is what I've found so far

http://cfile259.uf.daum.net/image/0119374550F9FDF10FE9D4

Look familiar?

cooper

Medalist
Kim Yuna′s Sochi performance, retirement top sports story in S. Korea 김연아 판정 논

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt5fuc0HSS4

still remember how joke sochi was.. i will never forget that day.. it was early in the morning.. the funny thing is most pinoys in pinoy forum even believed that the whole competition was rigged..

hopefully i can go to pyeongchang..which is not far away from my country.. :cheer2: it will be interesting to see how the koreans will react to figure skating in general.. because the sochi fraud will always be remembered over there.. can you imagine if they throw a bunch of money in the judging table?? and ask them how much?? and not to mention banners and signs and crazy chants while inside the stadium? :popcorn:

Last edited:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
and not to mention banners and signs and crazy chants while inside the stadium? :popcorn:
Let's see what happend at 4CC first, I can imagine many fans will bring their signs into the stadium, especially the event will be held in Seoul. It's the ISU international event, the stadium will be either empty or fairly pack with many Yuna's fans and their signs.

I see on a booking ticket site Interpark (Yuna agency in charge, lol) all comments only talk about Sochi. It's not like Korean will go to the skating event with pure support.

Last edited:

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
Is Yuna gonna watch 4CC? Hope she does (might also motivate the Koreans to attend the event, I guess)...

Let's see what happend at 4CC first, I can imagine many fans will bring their signs into the stadium, especially the event will be held in Seoul. It's the ISU international event, the stadium will be either empty or fairly pack with many Yuna's fans and their signs.

I see on a booking ticket site Interpark (Yuna agency in charge, lol) all comments only talk about Sochi. It's not like Korean will go to the skating event with pure support.

By the way, totally random and slightly unrelated to Yuna herself, but this is very impressive piano cover of Yuna's Adios Nonino.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdAwcd8FVwg

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Is Yuna gonna watch 4CC? Hope she does (might also motivate the Koreans to attend the event, I guess)...

By the way, totally random and slightly unrelated to Yuna herself, but this is very impressive piano cover of Yuna's Adios Nonino.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdAwcd8FVwg
No one know her schedule, unlikely though since she is very busy at school these days, even not attend her award ceremony b/c of it.

The piano skill is very impressive :shocked:

More impress is this, Yuna sing Imagine with piano, totally ears candy :love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQOqXkjgWHY&feature=youtu.be

cooper

Medalist

oh i forgot about 4cc.. :laugh: i know it is an ISU event.. it will be interesting to see for sure and it's like a 1 year anniversary from sochi.. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Procrastinator

On the Ice
That piano cover is astounding. Especially considering that in the actual version, the piano isn't even responsible for all the notes. This person managed to capture the sounds made by the Bandoneon (accordion-like instrument used in tangos) and violins. wow

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
And the pianist only learned the piece by ear. Amazing! She also covered other Yuna programs, but Adios Nonino just resonates for me.

I was checking out Yuzuru's fancam amazed by his improvement in skating skills and how he covers ice.
And then I watched Yuna's sochi fancam again. And this is Yuna's skating!!!!!!!:bow::love::bow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl4_W5Sv_xE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n91tUEvglpA
a video is more than 1,000,000 words.

Even in fancam, she just glides so smoothly on the ice, like there is no effort whatsoever. I like Hanyu`s skating too. And So Youn`s.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
Really random but I can't wrap my head around why Yuna wouldn't want to stick around for an Olympics in her own country. It's a once-in-a-century chance. Korea has gotten summer olympics before and now has the winter games. I really don't think they'll get an olympics again (or at least in our lifetimes).

Is she afraid of not being a medal contender? Or is she just bored with the sport?

Also, would she not be concerned that Korea would lose the three spots she helped earn?

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
It seems that she's already satisfied with what she has accomplished, which is a lot; and wants to just help the younger skaters. And training is too painful for her body, considering how rigorous she used to train.

But I'm really looking forward for her presence in the next Olympics! She'll probably even outshine the other skaters even if she's not competing. Hope she performs in the gala or something.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Really random but I can't wrap my head around why Yuna wouldn't want to stick around for an Olympics in her own country. It's a once-in-a-century chance. Korea has gotten summer olympics before and now has the winter games. I really don't think they'll get an olympics again (or at least in our lifetimes).

Is she afraid of not being a medal contender? Or is she just bored with the sport?

Also, would she not be concerned that Korea would lose the three spots she helped earn?

She said that after her 2010 OGM she lost the motivation to compete (as do the majority of FS OGM- that, or they just wanna retire already). And her comeback was well... I think there were other factors to it besides just wanting to come back (pressure from fans, media, her federation, etc., lots of things) & as you can see in her post-FS interview at Sochi, she was relieved for it to finally be over. She was competing for over a decade & had little life outside of FS. She's still doing shows, helping her country's young skaters, & endorsing things like crazy. She's still around, just not competing, that part of her life is over now.

As for the three spots, I'm sure that IS a concern to her. Her interview after she won Worlds in 2013 included her saying she came back & was glad to earn those spots so she could bring two young athletes along with her to experience the Olympics. But she can't keep being a top athlete for forever, at some point you gotta retire & I'm sure it was hard for her to decide exactly when.

Yuzuru has said he will retire at 23 after the 2018 Olympics. He wants a life after FS. Mao has taken a year off to focus on having a break & attending school, she's 50/50 on returning at all. I'm sure it's preferable for any skater to retire when they're still remembered nicely, rather than be forced into retirement from lack of skill, injury, etc.

cooper

Medalist
yuna had many injuries before.. i don't want yuna to be crippled.. you have to understand that she will be what 26/27 in pyeongchang..i know kostner and suzuki both still skated on their late twenties but they never feel any more pressure.. more expectation..now more drama than ever (especially what happened in sochi).. plus the physical exhaustion..and the lack of motivation (after all she won all major titles already).. geez if i'm in her shoes i will run away as well..

i know the taste of competing in your home country is tempting.. but i think yuna is already done w/ the whole process.. i bet her body says no.. her mind says no.. and her heart says no.. there's nothing left in there.. and it's time for the young skaters in korea to do their part.. and represent their country at home..

and for my shallow self.. i don't want her to compete and finished off the podium.. :laugh: that's too perfect of a record to be blemished.. and not to mention i will be super nervous when she's competing.. :laugh:

Last edited: