Yuna Kim | Page 160 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I think Yuna is not the type who enjoy competing, she may like performing, not skating for points. She set her dream at Vancouver since young and she achieved it, that's satisfy her enough. Anything after that just a bonus, competing on home ice is marvelous just for us, outsider, not herself. Her attending in random B event turned Korea up and down, I don't want to imagine her presence on Olympic ice in Korea, there will be a riot if anything goes wrong.

Yuna is in Queenstown, New Zealand for holiday now. Living a wonderful life and all, I doubt anyone would reject that and back to painfully training.

That said, I miss you Yuna :cry:

http://i.imgur.com/sHlZFVH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/V34RuLY.jpg

Edit: not holiday though, she's there for shooting :laugh:

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
I think Yuna is not the type who enjoy competing, she may like performing, not skating for points. She set her dream at Vancouver since young and she achieved it, that's satisfy her enough. Anything after that just a bonus, competing on home ice is marvelous just for us, outsider, not herself. Her attending in random B event turned Korea up and down, I don't want to imagine her presence on Olympic ice in Korea, there will be a riot if anything goes wrong.

Yuna is in Queenstown, New Zealand for holiday now. Living a wonderful life and all, I doubt anyone would reject that and back to painfully training.

That said, I miss you Yuna :cry:

http://i.imgur.com/sHlZFVH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/V34RuLY.jpg

Edit: not holiday though, she's there for shooting :laugh:

if there's time she should visit the sets of the Hobbit.. :biggrin:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
over Yuna's career, Yuna has been training very hard, could be the hardest or the most focused, according to many sources (coach, choreographer, media), Yuna is also known to do full run-through in her practice, without skipping jumps, lots of jumps. And plus her poor training condition when she was young and in Korea, she has accumulated lots of injuries. Those injuries and natural aging prevented her from increasing her tech and competitiveness. She has achieved all her competitive figure skating goals/dreams and beyond. Anyone, say that Yuna is bored at Sochi, should watch Yuna's sochi performances, practices and her interviews (all available on Youtube), ask your heart, did she left all she's got on that ice, did she give it her all, and is her love for figure skating deep and profound, is she transcended, and is she a great human being and gentle soul. Like Yuna said she has achieved her goal (which is performancing 2 great programs in OG ice, yes, not gold medal, yes, not fame and attention and yes, she is glad it is over) successfully!!
compete on home ice again, what motivation/mentality Yuna should take, if it is just performing for home audience again, Yuna can do that in OG gala, her shows etc. I dont wanna any negativity associated with home OG tarnish Yuna's legacy, and it is inevitable according to recent experience.
3 spots for Korean, she has done more than enough for KSF, she is still training/sponsor young skaters herself, KSF cannot only rely on Yuna forever, especially, when they do not cherish their own skater at all...Yuna has sowed a figure skating seed in Korea, according to recently skate korea, that seed is growing quietly...
and here is Yuna's only hope, I watched it again last night, when I saw that ina bauer, my heart started to :cry: ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8XjOpxl3Og

Last edited:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Merry Christmas from Yuna! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t34xyU4qkg

(I wish they made that commercial with her skating up to the edge of the rink to have the coffee or something, but it was still cute.)

over Yuna's career, Yuna has been training very hard, could be the hardest or the most focused, according to many sources (coach, choreographer, media), Yuna is also known to do full run-through in her practice, without skipping jumps, lots of jumps. And plus her poor training condition when she was young and in Korea, she has accumulated lots of injuries. Those injuries and natural aging prevented her from increasing her tech and competitiveness. She has achieved all her competitive figure skating goals/dreams and beyond. Anyone, say that Yuna is bored at Sochi, should watch Yuna's sochi performances, practices and her interviews (all available on Youtube), ask your heart, did she left all she's got on that ice, did she give it her all, and is her love for figure skating deep and profound, is she transcended, and is she a great human being and gentle soul. Like Yuna said she has achieved her goal (which is performancing 2 great programs in OG ice, yes, not gold medal, yes, not fame and attention and yes, she is glad it is over) successfully!!
compete on home ice again, what motivation/mentality Yuna should take, if it is just performing for home audience again, Yuna can do that in OG gala, her shows etc. I dont wanna any negativity associated with home OG tarnish Yuna's legacy, and it is inevitable according to recent experience.
3 spots for Korean, she has done more than enough for KSF, she is still training/sponsor young skaters herself, KSF cannot only rely on Yuna forever, especially, when they do not cherish their own skater at all...Yuna has sowed a figure skating seed in Korea, according to recently skate korea, that seed is growing quietly...
and here is Yuna's only hope, I watched it again last night, when I saw that ina bauer, my heart started to :cry: ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8XjOpxl3Og

I love that exhibition! "Only Hope" is a very touching masterpiece from her, I can watch it over and over and feel her love for skating and for music, as well as really see her personality and kind nature in it.

And, I really agree with you on your summary of Yuna's legacy. She is word class, in both personality and quality, she is THE gold standard of sportsmanship, dedication, and generosity. :cheer:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
omg so nice of her, probably best xmas gift ever :laugh: i am jealous too just like when she signed Denis's phone :laugh:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Man, I wish I had that Christmas gift. I really hope to get my skates signed by the Queen one day. ;)
It actually easier than you thought. All you need to do is coming to Korea in time of Yuna's public appearance schedule, mostly her signing event, you will have a chance to meet her face to face, exchange some words, she will smile at you, take a selfie with her, have her signing on whatever you want. Aww, heaven :dance:

Procrastinator

On the Ice
I just realized that even if she doesn't compete the chances of us seeing her in the 2018 Olympic Gala are still super high. That's an exciting prospect

cooper

Medalist
I just realized that even if she doesn't compete the chances of us seeing her in the 2018 Olympic Gala are still super high. That's an exciting prospect

i want her to skate in the opening ceremony.. imagine the thousands in the crowd watching their queen skate.. :popcorn:

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
i want her to skate in the opening ceremony.. imagine the thousands in the crowd watching their queen skate.. :popcorn:

I would be very surprised if she didn't skate a little for her fans in 2018 :biggrin: :cheer:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Thousands. THOUSANDS!!? Don't you mean MILLIONS!! ;)

It has a chance to beat the crowd reception at James bond at LONDON Summer Olympics with the Queen.

WAIT! Yuna IS JAMES BOND AND THE QUEEN :)

nguyenghita

On the Ice
It has a chance to beat the crowd reception at James bond at LONDON Summer Olympics with the Queen.

WAIT! Yuna IS JAMES BOND AND THE QUEEN :)
You know she is that relevant when everyone expect her to light the torch at Asian Summer Games ;)

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
well.. i expect her to light the cauldron anyway.. but it will be expected.. probably she will be the decoy.. who knows.. but to see her skate maybe to traditional arirang will be wonderful.. :)

nguyenghita

On the Ice
If you dare to do like this man, she (and others) will remember you very very clearly :laugh2: Yuna didn't seem scared but too bad the gaurd overreacting, I wonder what he would do after the spin :laugh:

I love a "crazy" moment like that, if anyone watch the full fancam, that is the one and only time Yuna was really smiling, on that day she look a little bored :p

http://youtu.be/XiyltCFtnXI?t=8m41s

Last edited: