Yuna Kim | Page 161 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

nguyenghita

On the Ice
when yuna said this and that.. it will never change..
Everyone will be beyond okay if she break her record this time, that's okay Yuna yah, you can change your words :bang:

Anw, Yuna remained the most favorite celebrity for entire Koreans. Male or female, from teenager to old adult, from student to worker ... she take a top spot in all kind of favorite/respect survey. She's steadily among 2 most respected figure in Korea, along with Ban Ki Moon, UN secretary.

It has been 7 years since her reign the ocean of flower stars in Korea. I don't know any other country where a female sport star just comfy sit above all the movie/pop stars like this. Anyone?

For instance I don't know any female athlete in my country, lol, read somewhere they are quite poor, some top players of woman football national team have to sell things at street market.

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
Everyone will be beyond okay if she break her record this time, that's okay Yuna yah, you can change your words :bang:

Anw, Yuna remained the most favorite celebrity for entire Koreans. Male or female, from teenager to old adult, from student to worker ... she take a top spot in all kind of favorite/respect survey. She's steadily among 2 most respected figure in Korea, along with Ban Ki Moon, UN secretary.

It has been 7 years since her reign the ocean of flower stars in Korea. I don't know any other country where a female sport star just comfy sit above all the movie/pop stars like this. Anyone?

For instance I don't know any female athlete in my country, lol, read somewhere they are quite poor, some top players of woman football national team have to sell things at street market.

the only way i can see her competing again is when the korean fed/committee blackmailing her..

aa456

On the Ice
the only way i can see her competing again is when the korean fed/committee blackmailing her..

I hope Yuna stays resilient and finally puts herself before others. She's done so much for figure skating in her country, KSU can't ask for more. I hope they respects her wish and not pressure her to come back.

somewhat OT but I was rewatching her Les Mis performance at WC after so many months and I couldn't help but get emotional. It's so hard to fathom the pressure she carried when she came back. She had to put herself through so much again (going through strict training and risking injuries, rebuilding her stamina and her jumps, learning new programs, new spins, being back in the ever-changing competitive landscape etc).. and all this after she had achieved everything there is to achieve, everything she wished to achieve in this sport. Yes, she said she came back for herself but IMO giving SY and HJ a chance to go to the Olympics was a significant factor. How many athletes can do that? Perform not just for themselves or their country but for the future of their teammates! I don't know what she's made of. :bow: :bow:

cooper

Medalist
I hope Yuna stays resilient and finally puts herself before others. She's done so much for figure skating in her country, KSU can't ask for more. I hope they respects her wish and not pressure her to come back.

somewhat OT but I was rewatching her Les Mis performance at WC after so many months and I couldn't help but get emotional. It's so hard to fathom the pressure she carried when she came back. She had to put herself through so much again (going through strict training and risking injuries, rebuilding her stamina and her jumps, learning new programs, new spins, being back in the ever-changing competitive landscape etc).. and all this after she had achieved everything there is to achieve, everything she wished to achieve in this sport. Yes, she said she came back for herself but IMO giving SY and HJ a chance to go to the Olympics was a significant factor. How many athletes can do that? Perform not just for themselves or their country but for the future of their teammates! I don't know what she's made of. :bow: :bow:

amen to this..

i just admire her resilience and mental toughness.. other skaters would have crumbled under that intense pressure..

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

It's the Korean magazine industry's loss for not featuring her enough :eek:hwell: I would rather look at her pictures than some random k-idol that I don't even know.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
It's the Korean magazine industry's loss for not featuring her enough :eek:hwell: I would rather look at her pictures than some random k-idol that I don't even know.
To be fair, she declined them. But I think it's a smart move since she is an athlete, Koreans easily get tired of the face they see too much all over the place, that kind of overwork will only get her more haters.

cooper

Medalist
To be fair, she declined them. But I think it's a smart move since she is an athlete, Koreans easily get tired of the face they see too much all over the place, that kind of overwork will only get her more haters.

yuna always insisted that she will stay focus on supporting the sport.. she will never enter the entertainment world..

nguyenghita

On the Ice
yuna always insisted that she will stay focus on supporting the sport.. she will never enter the entertainment world..
Appeared on magazine or TV show/drama or CF not mean enter showbiz, it's just Yuna seem like a bit introverted so she doesn't like that kind of fame. At least she has many CF deal though

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ looked at the first one, God, Yuna always pose like a man:biggrin::laugh:
judge from the first one, Yuna is 10 head figure.

Last edited:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
The list survey famous figure who give the greatest impact on the Korean's live in 70 years after the liberation day

Yuna is no.8 but 7 politicians above her all dead, she's the only living legend

They call her THE QUEEN for a reason :agree:

http://i.imgur.com/hCwR5V4.jpg

sam0987

Rinkside
Yuna said "This was a first time to watch Korean GP series through TV at home. I was nervous and also I was a proud of them".

Last edited: