Yuna Kim | Page 164 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

MiRé

Match Penalty
I have a question is Yuna really naturally an introvert?

I think, and this is really just my opinion so don't kill me :)cry:), but I would say most Korean women are introverts. It may be because in Korea, Men still dominate women, in terms of gender roles. It's definitely a cultural thing, IMO.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I think, and this is really just my opinion so don't kill me :)cry:), but I would say most Korean women are introverts. It may be because in Korea, Men still dominate women, in terms of gender roles. It's definitely a cultural thing, IMO.
I don't think so, Korean women nowaday, especially celebrities work in entertainment industry, are usually very open. It's just Yuna is naturally like that, not too much but a bit uncomfy and not totally enjoy the fame in front of a worship crowd, a thing many others would love to die for. She's not an introvert for general standard, but for public figure's. I know a few Korean superstars have the same issue as her, they have it all but hide themself from it.

Last edited:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I don't think so, Korean women nowaday, especially celebrities work in entertainment industry, are usually very open. It's just Yuna is naturally like that, not too much but a bit uncomfy and not totally enjoy the fame in front of a worship crowd, a thing many others would love to die for. She's not an introvert for general standard, but for public figure's. I know a few Korean superstars have the same issue as her, they have it all but hide themself from it.

I think Yuna may be an ambivert. From some of the documentaries I've seen, Yuna seemed very extraverted with people she is comfortable with, even in groups (i.e. some of her friends from school, the young Korean skaters, etc) but she withdraws when she is the center of attention in public setting, like at press conferences and such. I think it is because she is naturally humble and hard on herself, and she doesn't "feed" on the attention like some celebrities do. It is another quality of hers that I really admire, she is in no way made prideful or immodest by the insane fame she has. That is true character strength and purity. :bow:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I think Yuna may be an ambivert. From some of the documentaries I've seen, Yuna seemed very extraverted with people she is comfortable with, even in groups (i.e. some of her friends from school, the young Korean skaters, etc) but she withdraws when she is the center of attention in public setting, like at press conferences and such. I think it is because she is naturally humble and hard on herself, and she doesn't "feed" on the attention like some celebrities do. It is another quality of hers that I really admire, she is in no way made prideful or immodest by the insane fame she has. That is true character strength and purity. :bow:
:clap:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
This is a kind of article I hate the most. This is the first I've ever read, but since she is the best among Korean youngsters now, the media will be more than happy write more and more article just to gain attention. It not help So Youn any bit but just slowly destroy her fellow supporters instead.

Journalist, for a youngster sake, do not compare them with Yuna :disapp:

http://sports.media.daum.net/sports/general/newsview?newsId=20150112092106484

Last edited:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
This is a kind of article I hate the most. This is the first I've ever read, but since she is the best among Korean youngsters now, the media will be more than happy write more and more article just to gain attention. It not help So Youn any bit but just slowly destroy her fellow supporters instead.

They're just attention-seeking, neither Yuna nor SY would approve. Hopefully neither of them read that though, it is so unnecessary of a comparison. :disapp:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
They're just attention-seeking, neither Yuna nor SY would approve. Hopefully neither of them read that though, it is so unnecessary of a comparison. :disapp:
Yes, reader neither. Many netizens downvote the article, call out the journalist name and ask him not to write FS article anymore. But some others already put down So Youn.

Anyway, rather than compare 17yrs Yuna with 17yrs So Youn then receive criticism, journalist better write about 17yrs Yuna vs. 24 yrs Yuna, this will get a lot of love. Exactly the same, if not even younger :love:

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/...-15/10919507_790738294350426_1122491670_n.jpg

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker

I think this person doesn't know that the scoring system works differently from Yuna's 17 year old days and So Youn now. It was also stupid how he didn't even put her 2014 Worlds total score since that is still her highest. For PCS it's obvious that nobody will get Yuna's WR PCS of 74.50 (which she deserved) so no need to compare it with anybody actually.

Yeah, along with Yuna and So Youn, pretty much regular spectators would not approve either.

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
Yes, reader neither. Many netizens downvote the article, call out the journalist name and ask him not to write FS article anymore. But some others already put down So Youn.

Anyway, rather than compare 17yrs Yuna with 17yrs So Youn then receive criticism, journalist better write about 17yrs Yuna vs. 24 yrs Yuna, this will get a lot of love. Exactly the same, if not even younger :love:

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/...-15/10919507_790738294350426_1122491670_n.jpg

translation??

let me guess he's comparing so youn to yuna?? lol.. i have nothing against so youn.. but she has a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy tooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooo..

ahy

Final Flight
I think Yuna may be an ambivert
I agree. She's more like an ambivert. She can laugh so hard and I remember Brian Orser saying that she actually has a sense of humour. But onthe other hand, she's quite reserved sometimes.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
translation??

let me guess he's comparing so youn to yuna?? lol.. i have nothing against so youn.. but she has a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy tooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooo..
The article said Korea has set some medal goal to achieve in Pyeongchang, in FS at 2 previous Olympic they had 2 medals thanks to Yuna, but in Pyeongchang no one dare to set anything even the bronze. Since SY is the best youngster to ever come "close" to Yuna (of course compare to other Korean), they compare side by side the points of So Youn now with 17 years old Yuna, then point out the point gap between them, then put pressure on So Youn to gain more point in future (10 points per years) to get at least 200ish point in 2018 to ever dream for the bronze.

I don't get how they can compare Yuna's points with So Youn's, no fcking way So Youn can achieve the 70s PCS like Yuna. It's not like Yuna is just another Korean skater to compare, she is the legend of the whole sport, how can they compare a legend with a newcomer, make no sense at all.

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
The article said Korea has set some medal goal to achieve in Pyeongchang, in FS at 2 previous Olympic they had 2 medals thanks for Yuna, but in Pyeongchang no one dare to set anything even the bronze. Since SY is the best youngster to ever come "close" to Yuna (of course compare to other Korean), they compare side by side the points of So Youn now with 17 years old Yuna, then point out the point gap between them, then put pressure on So Youn to gain more point in future (10 points per years) to get at least 200ish point in 2018 to ever dream for the bronze.

I don't get how they can compare Yuna's points with So Youn's, no fcking way So Youn can achieve the 70s PCS like Yuna. It's not like Yuna is just another Korean skater to compare, she is the legend in the whole sport, how can they compare a legend with a newcomer, make no sense at all.

because the korean media is clueless when it comes to figure skating.. i bet none of them even know the difference between a lutz from a flip.. lolz..

i guess i don't take them seriously..

Junstella

Rinkside
I don't get how they can compare Yuna's points with So Youn's, no fcking way So Youn can achieve the 70s PCS like Yuna. It's not like Yuna is just another Korean skater to compare, she is the legend in the whole sport, how can they compare a legend with a newcomer, make no sense at all.

Right, and that's too unfair to So Youn. She's compared with Yuna simply because she's a Korean. Those ignorant journalists should let her alone and quit writing whatever FS-related shits....

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I agree. She's more like an ambivert. She can laugh so hard and I remember Brian Orser saying that she actually has a sense of humour. But onthe other hand, she's quite reserved sometimes.
Yuna has a great sense of humour, I laugh like crazy when I watch her talk show in 2010, the host is super talkative but she totally own him. She looks very comfy in front of a huge group of journalist according to her gesture, which is very rare for a Korean celebrity.

Last edited:

iceberg

On the Ice
I don't know? She looks very poised and reserve. It might be cultural

Yes the reason why I brought this up is because (and forgive me Yuna fans if this is kindof late :)) I was watching some fan-cam videos of the Sochi gala rehearsals and I noticed Yuna was just all by herself, I mean not that nobody talks to her but she seems really shy and aloof. And most of the time other skaters are comfortable with other skaters but Yuna is just smiling by herself which to me feels very humbling for the kind of stature that she has.

It could be that she's the only korean in the bunch, or that its probably language barrier, but from her expressions looks to me that she's really shy. And that makes her really love her more! So sweet and humble. :)

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Yes the reason why I brought this up is because (and forgive me Yuna fans if this is kindof late :)) I was watching some fan-cam videos of the Sochi gala rehearsals and I noticed Yuna was just all by herself, I mean not that nobody talks to her but she seems really shy and aloof. And most of the time other skaters are comfortable with other skaters but Yuna is just smiling by herself which to me feels very humbling for the kind of stature that she has.

It could be that she's the only korean in the bunch, or that its probably language barrier, but from her expressions looks to me that she's really shy. And that makes her really love her more! So sweet and humble. :)
Many fans noticed that too, Vietnamese fans talked about it a lot during Olympic time and it made us even more sad, worried (and yes, more angry). It's one of the reason we are glad that she retired, because she won't have all the lonely time like that ever again.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist

Hmm from what I remember from the Sochi gala practice, Yuna wasn't super outgoing, but I definitely remember thinking she talks to more people than some of the others. :cool:

Some people noted she looks lost here because she "was late to practice": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBXbmYHmKkM (Look at 2:20!!! SO CUTE! like a penguin! ^_^)

But she looks so cute! ^_^ And also, that expression totally makes sense after you have skated flawlessly on your second Olympics and got second place, as you were probably beginning to suspect before you even skated. Her expression looks a bit dazed.

More Yuna laughing at 1:10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nENP3Lqas

Last edited: