Yuna Kim | Page 168 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Who do you think will break Yuna's LP record? or Combined :p?

Liza?

guess, Liza with 3A and everything else in the LP and perfect costume in A list international competition, meaning worlds or OG (or perhaps TEB for that blue boards and cam angle :p). The thing is not only a 3A, it is world record, got to represent figure skating. and got to look better than Yuna's legendary OG Gershwin.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Yuna jump at "full attack" speed vs "walk in a park" speed
Yuna's 3S-2T at Sochi
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video_thumb/B8nNJe6CQAA1YP6.png
Yuna's casual 3F at vancouver practice
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B8h4qQSCMAA7JhE.mp4

Yuna's jumps when she is 100% attacking it has the craziest size, as it showed in her famous "flying out of camera" 3Lz-3T in Vancouver OG LP(fancam available on youtube). that 3lz is about twice her body length, here I posted an edge jumping pass 3S-2T in Sochi LP also has crazy length.
whereas she can also do an easy, casual, effortless 3F as showed in that 3F, less than her body length.

which showed that she is a master of speed and technique, also, she has given her 100% at Sochi LP (attacked every element, not flat, bored, tired or whatever) and shame on New York Times who manipulated her 3S-2T jumping pass to prove their agenda.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Yuna jump at "full attack" speed vs "walk in a park" speed
Yuna's 3S-2T at Sochi
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video_thumb/B8nNJe6CQAA1YP6.png
Yuna's casual 3F at vancouver practice
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B8h4qQSCMAA7JhE.mp4

Yuna's jumps when she is 100% attacking it has the craziest size, as it showed in her famous "flying out of camera" 3Lz-3T in Vancouver OG LP(fancam available on youtube). that 3lz is about twice her body length, here I posted an edge jumping pass 3S-2T in Sochi LP also has crazy length.
whereas she can also do an easy, casual, effortless 3F as showed in that 3F, less than her body length.

which showed that she is a master of speed and technique, also, she has given her 100% at Sochi LP (attacked every element, not flat, bored, tired or whatever) and shame on New York Times who manipulated her 3S-2T jumping pass to prove their agenda.

I'd like to add that her jumps are extremely effortless, especially her 3Lz+3T combo. Unfortunately, I've been seeing some members on this forum degrading the whole 3Lz+3T because their "favorite" does more "difficult" jump. When in fact, flying into 3Lz+3T and having equal or almost higher height on the second 3T, with a great flow and edge is more difficult than eeking out the "difficult" jump.

I've been so used to Yuna's combination that sometimes I forget just how difficult that jump may be. I've realized that quite recently when many senior ladies were (maybe still are) having trouble maintaining an outside edge on the 3Lz or not even attempting it at all.

I'm anxiously waiting for someone to do a beautiful and strong 3Lz+3T in the ladies field. The only one I think who's capable is Liza, and I really hope she ditches her 3T+3T and put 3Lz+3T. Liza's jumps remind me of Yuna's, and it actually makes me more sad that we won't be able to see Yuna in competitions :cry:

Anyone know if she'll be at ATS ice show?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ All I can say is that difficulty is relative, if you cannot do a 3LZ-3T with Yuna's quality. it is a difficult element for you.
Recently, Gracie's 3LZ-3T is huge in size and perfect outside edge but lacks flow, finesse and consistency.
Pogo's toe-pick technique is iffy and pre-rotates.
Liza still needs to put her 3lz-3T in competition. her jumps is explosive with flow/snap and beautiful trajectory like Yuna's. but her launch is a little different(you can watch her outside edge/toe pick in slow-mo and compare to Yuna's).
Liza and SoYoun's jump are the closest to Yuna's among current ladies. but SoYoun still don't have a consistent 3lz.
I wish Liza can do a 3A in future. her 3A in practice looked very good.

One thing I am glad to see is that now members on this board started to use the words, Yuna fans used to describe Yuna's skating, such as jump to the music/with the phrasing of music etc. Glad, current promising lady skaters are doing well and channeling certain quality of Yuna's skating.:biggrin::cool:

as for ATS, i have no idea, I guess, Liza will be popular in Korea, because, Korean fans love skaters with beautiful jumps (the reason why Han got invited last year), but it is very likely Liza will be invited in the future.:biggrin:
and remember, Liza and Yuna shared podium at last year's GoldenSpin, both of them wearing black. very cool.:cool:

I have hopes on junior skaters to show strong 3LZ-3T in the future, Wakaba and Karen, perhaps:biggrin:

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
possibly.
if she hauls out her 3Lz-3T and 3A
and massive improvements on her skating quality and spins

Even though Liza has great jumps, her spins aren't good or impressive, and her skating and musicality is nowhere near Yuna (or Mao or Caro, or even Ashley) so I'm hoping she (and/or any of the skaters right now) won't break any of Yuna's records because frankly, they're not on that level yet. But seeing how the scores right now are utterly ridiculous especially the GOE and PCS departments, I have a funny feeling that maybe if they skated well in this coming Worlds, it might happen. I just really hope not.

I mean, I like how these skaters are making a name on their own but none of them has the quality and overall power of Yuna's skating and jumping ability. It's sad that the skaters of the previous generation had to build up their PCS for years; while the judges nowadays are giving PCS and GOEs like candy. I just really watch for the performances and don't care so much about whatever scores they get.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Even though Liza has great jumps, her spins aren't good or impressive, and her skating and musicality is nowhere near Yuna (or Mao or Caro, or even Ashley) so I'm hoping she (and/or any of the skaters right now) won't break any of Yuna's records because frankly, they're not on that level yet. But seeing how the scores right now are utterly ridiculous especially the GOE and PCS departments, I have a funny feeling that maybe if they skated well in this coming Worlds, it might happen. I just really hope not.

I mean, I like how these skaters are making a name on their own but none of them has the quality and overall power of Yuna's skating and jumping ability. It's sad that the skaters of the previous generation had to build up their PCS for years; while the judges nowadays are giving PCS and GOEs like candy. I just really watch for the performances and don't care so much about whatever scores they get.

This. Skaters like Akiko Suzuki really had to fight for GOE and PCS and yet even when she retired she never got higher PCS than Mao or Yulia whenever they were in the same competition. What makes it even more sad was that most of the PCS Akiko received for her "O" FS were all lower than what Elena and Liza are receiving today.

Anyways, I think Liza will be able to break the record, but I don't think people would be okay with it. Yuna has better spins, better jumps (although Liza's jumps are very good as well) and most importantly, Yuna is strong on all the PCS elements. Liza has good connection with the audience, but she has to improve on her artistry and perhaps even her technical content if she wants to break the record.