Yuna Kim | Page 170 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Oh my god. They should move on. What I really don't like about it is, that they're tainting Yuna's image with it. They're her fans. She doesn't deserve this, because her reaction in Sochi was that of a champion. Yuna had two wonderful performances in Sochi, this is what will remain.
And why is it always so much about winning for certain people? I don't know a sport that is always 100% fair. Ok, maybe chess, but that's not olympic.
I hope they'll get that under control in Pyeongchang (thanks to s_parks for correcting the misspelling). Imagine Adelina trying to defend her title? I feel for her.

Rofl. Bring on the popcorn if Sotnikova attends Pyeongyang 2018.

John King

Final Flight
Oh my god. They should move on. What I really don't like about it is, that they're tainting Yuna's image with it. They're her fans. She doesn't deserve this, because her reaction in Sochi was that of a champion. Yuna had two wonderful performances in Sochi, this is what will remain.
And why is it always so much about winning for certain people? I don't know a sport that is always 100% fair. Ok, maybe chess, but that's not olympic.
I hope they'll get that under control in Pyeongchang (thanks to s_parks for correcting the misspelling). Imagine Adelina trying to defend her title? I feel for her.
I agree. To me, Yuna represents the best for South Korea, talent, beauty, very nice person. Ranting over her second back-to-back Olympic medal being Silver and not Gold just seems like sour grapes and bad sportsmanship. Give it a rest.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
My Yuna top 5 is Gershwin, Tango de Roxanne, Lark Ascending, Danse Macabre, and Homage to Korea. Honorary mentions to Send in the Clowns, Adios Noino, and Meditation.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Top 5 programs:
  1. Gershwin - 2010 OG
  2. Les Mis - 2013 W
  3. Scheherazade - 2009 W
  4. Bond Girl - 2010 OG
  5. Adios Nonino - 2014 OG

randomfan

Record Breaker
Top 5:
(In no particular order)

1. Homage to Korea
2. Danse Macabre
3. Adios Nonino
4. Les Miserables
5. Piano Concerto in F

Honourable mentions too? In that case, Send in the Clowns, The Lark Ascending and El Tango de Roxanne.

It's kind of sad that we never got to see her perform Giselle and Homage to Korea cleanly. I know she did them at some ice shows but we never saw it at an international competition other than Worlds.

aa456

On the Ice
only 5? this is so hard! my top 5 in random order:

1) danse macabre - The first Yuna program that I ever saw :love: :love:
2) tango de Roxanne (competitive and gala version!) & Lark Ascending - for me these two belong together!
3) Homage to Korea
4) Scheherazade - the first Yuna LP that I saw. Made me fall in love with her :love:
5) Adios Nonino - I love the music cut and step sequence of Adios!

Honorable mentions: James Bond, Gershwin, Send in the Clowns, Only Hope, Meditation, Papa can you hear me, Les Mis.

I think I've pretty much mentioned the vast majority of her competitive programs :laugh: :laugh:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
how are this behavior "taint Yuna's image", those are civilized protest, they did not bash Sot and Co.(not like what Sot and Co. did to Yuna) they just protest against sochi scandal (which is absolutely the biggest scandal in figure skating history also justice not served yet),what do you wanna fans to? To completely shut up, so that people will forget, scandal will be erased. Move on does not equal to shut up. You get robbed, and the criminal never got caught or punished or apologized, your friends and family protect for you in legal and civilized approach, and you ask them to shut up? And you call your friends and family tint your image. What is your image? a doomed victim, a coward?
Please do not abuse the phrase "move on" to attack Yuna fans, and please do not pretend to be the morally superior one. and please do not use "sports are not 100% fair" as an excuse, Sochi scandal is completely different matter in nature. This is not about "winning", it is about revealing scandal and fraud and hope for a better future of figure skating.
Everyone with heart will understand Yuna fans protest and support them. you are the one who is tainted.

EDIT: did you feel for Yuna, when the Russian audience shout out "russia" during Yuna's K&C and when they blow vuvuzela during Yuna's warm-up.

Last edited:

aa456

On the Ice
FUN FACT: Did you know Yuna Attempted 48 3-3 in competitions and landed 44 of them? :biggrin::biggrin:

:shocked: :jaw: I must say, aint no 3-3 like a Yuna 3-3. the height, the speed, the effortlessness, the consistency. sighhh... I wish I could've seen one in person

Mangomango

On the Ice
Top 5 programme:

1. Scheherazade (amazing choreography and almost flawless if not for the popped triple salchow at worlds)
2. Danse Macabre (her step sequence was perfection. the music was actually speeding up but she could keep with it)
3. Les Miserable
4. Concerto in F
5. Adios Nonino

salchowx4

On the Ice

Sochi should never be forgotten. One of the darkest nights in skating.

ainah27

Rinkside
I know Michelle Kwan because my mother loves her. That's all i know of Figure skating before the 2014 Olympics.
Until someone I follow on twitter posted Yuna Kim's SITC. (He's into kpop.) I must say, that was love at first sight. :)
Immediately, I scoured youtube to watch anything and everything about Yuna. I fall deeper in love with every video.

I cried watching Les Miserables.
While watching Concerto in F, I thought, gorgeous! I wanna be like her when I grow up. (I'm older, by the way. Lol...)
Danse Macabre, I could watch all day. Amazingly incredible!
James Bond Medley, femme fatale.
The Lark Ascending feels like a caress.
And Adios Nonino, such elegance.

I felt devastated when I found out she's retiring after Sochi. But then, that's probably for the better, for the sake of my health.
I was so nervous, my heart was jumping out of my chest during her FS in Sochi and i was just a day-old fan then. (I stayed up until 4AM, by the way.)
To her long-time fans, how did you stay healthy and sane all these years???

Anyway, I updated my bucket list. I included going to South Korea to watch ATS so I can experience Yuna's amazingness in person. :)

To everybody here, I enjoy reading all your posts.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Sochi should never be forgotten. One of the darkest nights in skating.
I disagree, I saw a three of the most memorable performances there (Mao, Carolina and Yuna).
@yyyskate: I only want to add: Yuna is over it now for sure, why aren't you? If anything, she became a bigger and better known star worldwide because of the scandal.

Raymond

Rinkside
how are this behavior "taint Yuna's image", those are civilized protest, they did not bash Sot and Co.(not like what Sot and Co. did to Yuna) they just protest against sochi scandal (which is absolutely the biggest scandal in figure skating history also justice not served yet),what do you wanna fans to? To completely shut up, so that people will forget, scandal will be erased. Move on does not equal to shut up. You get robbed, and the criminal never got caught or punished or apologized, your friends and family protect for you in legal and civilized approach, and you ask them to shut up? And you call your friends and family tint your image. What is your image? a doomed victim, a coward?
Please do not abuse the phrase "move on" to attack Yuna fans, and please do not pretend to be the morally superior one. and please do not use "sports are not 100% fair" as an excuse, Sochi scandal is completely different matter in nature. This is not about "winning", it is about revealing scandal and fraud and hope for a better future of figure skating.
Everyone with heart will understand Yuna fans protest and support them. you are the one who is tainted.

EDIT: did you feel for Yuna, when the Russian audience shout out "russia" during Yuna's K&C and when they blow vuvuzela during Yuna's warm-up.

Well said. There are so many people who don't understand moving on is not equivalent to forgetting. Just so you guys know, Yuna's fans already moved on. They just try not to forget it.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I disagree, I saw a three of the most memorable performances there (Mao, Carolina and Yuna).
@yyyskate: I only want to add: Yuna is over it now for sure, why aren't you? If anything, she became a bigger and better known star worldwide because of the scandal.

I also saw great memorable performances as well as the utterly ugliness of Sochi scandal (trying to using great performances to deviate from Sochi scandal?). as for me, I am over it long long time ago (yes, rewatch Yuna's adios every day, with K&C and all, absolutely enjoyed Yuna's performance, and amused by those audience reaction ;)). And as I said, and many level headed fans here said, move on/over does not equal to forget. And you or people like you who plays words/logic trying to diminish Sochi Scandal. Have seen too many, just reminds you, people aren't fools and won't be played.
And what you last statement wanna imply again? that Yuna is the beneficiary of Sochi Scandal? LMAO, if any, it only indicates one thing, people has eyes and will not be fooled.