Page 174 of 202 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3021

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

^ But could she? Again? While I am super excited and optimistic about her being in Sochi, I think it will take some time to get old Yuna back. So this season would be so interesting in many ways for Yuna.

Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    ^ But could she? Again? While I am super excited and optimistic about her being in Sochi, I think it will take some time to get old Yuna back. So this season would be so interesting in many ways for Yuna.
    I hope she can - she's one of the few skaters who wouldn't receive edge calls, and she almost won worlds in 2011 skating with no motivation, so I don't see why a motivated Yuna couldn't dominate. It might take her a bit, but she will be competing before worlds, and that will be good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I agree with you l'etoile. I think Yuna is very pragmatic about her return. The impression I got from her interview regarding her return to competition is that she didn't promise any big expectations which I think is the right way onward. It takes time to get back to form, and she's doing it for her country the second time. I think she will work hard to podium but to expect her to win dominate like in the past may be too high an expectation and hard on her body. I am happy if she podiums even though it may not be gold. Can't wait to see her skate competitively again. Go Yuna go.

Three weeks and half to go for Yuna's comeback, Wowza!

Custom Title
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/NRW-Tr...379166?fref=ts

NRW Trophy sold out in 6 and half hours for a B event. How are the other GP events doing :P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    How are the other GP events doing :P
    NHK tickets were sold out for 6 and half minutes probably. Can't speak for other GP.

^ I'm sure you're exaggerating but I believe the number would be really close. Japan has the world's most prominent singles skaters and they are also so beloved there, being great ticket powers. Any figure skating fans would only hope the world's trend follows Japan's!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    NHK tickets were sold out for 6 and half minutes probably. Can't speak for other GP.
    Just as well, some tickets might have been bought by the Japanese to see Plushy

I am personally curious to see how Liza will do competing with Yuna for the first time. Wheee....

a post on Plushy's website:

"I'm in Dortmund and I can tell you the truth about the ice rink. I visited the NRW Trophy since it started in 2007. Until 2009 it was free to visit, then the first time they have made ticket prices but just 5 Euro a day, which I think is very fair. Actually, there were so far just very few real visitors, the 3 rows were mostly filled by skaters, coaches, friends and parents.

NOW just two Olympic Champions are on the entry list and everything changed and went crazy. I AM NOT going there just for these two but all of them. I like them all the same. I just got an ticket by very lucky circumstances. Because I never bothered about it, because NO ONE was really interested to watch it!

There are just about 150-200 seats, I never counted but there isn't more. This competition was never made for the big stars and large audience. It is the practice rink used for Worlds 2004. Besides this rink is another Eishockey rink, that is much larger, there can be about 5000 spectators. But it is impossible to move the competition to the other rink, because it is an ugly icehockey rink, that is open at the sides, so very cold.

So you should be able to see at least the practices, but I don't know how they organise it.

AND btw, this is a very small venue, so you can meet the skaters anytime anywhere, so it might be worth going there anyway "

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    GS did two interviews with Yu Na back in the day:

2008 Firsts Keep Coming for Kim
    http://www.goldenskate.com/2008/08/f...oming-for-kim/

And 2009

http://www.goldenskate.com/2009/10/y...to-perfection/

^ Thank you so much! The one with Orser in it makes me miss the old days :(

Anyways, learned some things, and it was great to read about Yuna's perspectives back then.

The Examiner article re NRW trophy: http://www.examiner.com/article/kim-...rophy-december

Wow.... two Olympic Champs for that competition.

skating philosopher
    Hugh Jackman wishes Yuna Kim luck at her next competition and invites her to see Les Miserables (Yuna's FS, as you know, is to that soundtrack).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InciyqWhyCI

Too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Hugh Jackman wishes Yuna Kim luck at her next competition and invites her to see Les Miserables (Yuna's FS, as you know, is to that soundtrack).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InciyqWhyCI

Too awesome.
    I saw that - so cool!

Page 174 of 202 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast