Page 175 of 197 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2954

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Hugh Jackman wishes Yuna Kim luck at her next competition and invites her to see Les Miserables (Yuna's FS, as you know, is to that soundtrack).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InciyqWhyCI

Too awesome.
    I'll definitely go to see Les Miserables on the ice! Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Yuna Kim

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil
    Korean promo for TV coverage of Yu-na Kim's comeback competition next week in Dortmund: http://bit.ly/Tw7KXJ
    2012 NRW TROPHY YUNA KIM COMEBACK 예고 (720P 로 봐주세요)
    헝헝 드디어 완성 연느화이팅이에요 ㅠ.ㅜ
    8:37 AM - 29 Nov 12 ·
    http://twitter.com/olyphil/status/274190326846062594

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil
    Korean promo for TV coverage of Yu-na Kim's comeback competition next week in Dortmund: http://bit.ly/Tw7KXJ
    2012 NRW TROPHY YUNA KIM COMEBACK 예고 (720P 로 봐주세요)
    헝헝 드디어 완성 연느화이팅이에요 ㅠ.ㅜ
    8:37 AM - 29 Nov 12 ·
    http://twitter.com/olyphil/status/274190326846062594
    ^ OMG it gave me chills just watching the thing, not exactly knowing what it says sadly. Uhhh the jitters!

WOW. I am feeling goosebumps all over. She is back!!!

Thanks to all for the updates. Love the Promo.

I am looking forward to YuNa's debut! I have missed her beautiful skating
    and my fingers are crossed that we can get a good live feed!

Can't wait for the QUEEN

Yu-Na Kim

original link
    It's a little be rough, but I tried my best to translate it

- What are you thoughts on competing in NRW Trophy?
    "It's been a long time since I've competed so I'm nervous and worried. But on the other hand, I'm also excited. My goal in this competition is to earn the minimum TES score. I've practiced alot, so I will be mainly focused on my goal. If I skate confidently like I used to, I think I can certainly reach my goal."

- How much improvement did you see physically? Last time when we asked this question you said you weren't fully prepared physically.
    "like the last interview, I've always thought being physically fit was important. I've thought through this during my practice. I've exercised constantly to maintain my body physically and also to make sure I can execute elements in my program. I think during my training, I've raised my skating abilities both physically and technically. However, just because I practiced well doesn't mean I'm going to perform well. I hope to control and maintain my condition during the competition so I can bring the best performance."

- How did you manage mentally?
    "I didn't have any heavy feelings like I had in the past events. When I prepared myself to go back on the ice, I told myself to start as if it's a new beginning. I was worried if I could actually do that, but when I lowered my expectations, I was able to leisurely enjoy training. I even laughed during my training days. I felt less pressured than I was in the past"

- You're performing Kiss of the Vampire and Les Miserables....
    "It's been a long time since I received choreographies for my programs. I was concerned if I could perform well technically and artistically. But since I didn't forget anything, I thought to myself, If I can train harder, I can meet what I had in the past"

- You said your condition was the best during Vancouver. If that was 100/100, what would you rate your condition now?
    "Last interview, I said I would give around 60-70. I've improved noticeably, but Vancouver isn't something I can ever compare it to. Therefore, I would give around 80-90"

- Many rules have changed in ISU especially spins....
    "Spins were like elementary recess to me when I was in Juniors. However, right now, they seem harder than the jumps. Since I'm not as flexible as others, it was hard to create spins. I also had hard time learning them, but after practicing, I was able to execute them. Since I get my points deducted for little mistakes, I will make sure I'll focus on my spins"

- Have you thought about performing with Hugh Jackman?
    "It was a perfect timing when I introduced Les Miserables. To be honest, I didn't even know the movie was going to premier when I picked this program. I knew it couple days later. I thought I picked it well! I would be glad to join any show that backgrounds Les Miserables"

- What was the hardest part during training?
    "It has to be bringing back my physical state. There were some remained from my past career, but since I took a break, I had to start from the beginning. I was physically tired from training, but I was able to overcome that"

QUENN IS BACK

Wonder how her LP is going to go tonight...

Just saw the practice video. It is a true masterpiece in the making.

Yuna's free skate http://youtu.be/Ye0u0lM9IP4

Yuna's finally stretching her feet!

Of all the things I'm excited for her performances, this means something special to me

Hugh Jackman congratulated Yu-Na on her victory in Germany
    http://twitter.com/RealHughJackman/s...18320723607552

Lucky girl :P

Great fancams by os168 which really reveal Yuna's coverage and speed across the ice: SP and LP

What do you guys think she could get better at later in the season, ultimately, by Worlds?

- I think the spiral was really off the balance, giving it a bad positioning and unsteady edge in all that.
    - She stretches much better in her layback spins WOW.
    - One more thing I've positively noticed is that she now puts some more transitions going into solo flip and lutz, a little step into flip like SP and back spiral into lutz-which she didn't do even in her Gershwin LP, the one considered as the most difficult program. So that makes 3lz-3t only jumping pass that she doesn't give extra touch.
    - What about step sequences? I'd say they were unusual ones coming from Yuna, in both good ways and bad ways. There were some interesting moves, flowing into both directions with speed, and it showed that she was using her power and speed to better utilize her edges. But, they seemed a bit slower and less dynamic from her standards and she had some mishaps.
    Last edited by l'etoile; 12-14-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Great fancams by os168 which really reveal Yuna's coverage and speed across the ice: SP and LP

What do you guys think she could get better at later in the season, ultimately, by Worlds?

- I think the spiral was really off the balance, giving it a bad positioning and unsteady edge in all that.
    - She stretches much better in her layback spins WOW.
    - One more thing I've positively noticed is that she now puts some more transitions going into solo flip and lutz, a little step into flip like SP and back spiral into lutz-which she didn't do even in her Gershwin LP, the one considered as the most difficult program. So that makes 3lz-3t only jumping pass that she doesn't give extra touch.
    - What about step sequences? I'd say they were unusual ones coming from Yuna, in both good ways and bad ways. There were some interesting moves, flowing into both directions with speed, and it showed that she was using her power and speed to better utilize her edges. But, they seemed a bit slower and less dynamic from her standards and she had some mishaps.
    - Yeah, her spiral was not good, slower and less stretched than before
    - I noticed that her lackback position has improved! Finally!! Her new spins were wonderful
    - Agree that she put some more transitions going into 3F and 3Lz! Hope judges more reward her effort, they all deserve huge GOE!
    - As for the steps, I liked her footwork in LP. Not fast or dynamic, but it suits the music very well. Her movements are in the great harmony with the music. Didn't like the step sequence in SP, though. It's longer than her usual footwork, but not that interesting, IMO. She stumbled and wobbled several times. I hope Daivd will rework and polish the steps before Worlds.
    - There is some room for improvement and work to be done, but her new programs are great! Her LP can be a masterpiece!

Page 175 of 197 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast