Page 176 of 212 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3177

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

Custom Title
    By the way, not sure if this was posted before, but here is the original music for Yuna's SP - "Vampire Rhapsody" by James Bernard for the movie "Kiss of the Vampire":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XchC5Mc5G5o

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by gimble View Post
    Here's the actual video from which it was taken: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gj9JYjdYv8

Quite the ice coverage!

I just watched the Peong Chang Special Olympics opnening ceremony on a live stream. Yuna held a little speech, wich was very thouching . She seemd so nervous

here are some fotos

http://yunakimfan.com/2013/01/29/28582/

Here is more about the Special Olympics and the Global Development Summit.

http://www.voanews.com/content/aung-...s/1593500.html

Custom Title
    The Sochi Winter Games: One Year To Go

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/201...-2014/related/
    It's too early to know for sure which athletes will compete in Sochi, but some key names to watch are Lindsey Vonn (United States, Alpine skiing), Shaun White (United States, snowboarding), Yuna Kim (South Korea, figure skating) and Yevgeny Plushenko (Russia, figure skating).
    Last edited by venlac; 02-07-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Custom Title
    Six questions leading up to Sochi 2014

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/201...-2014/related/
    What about Yuna Kim?
    The South Korean star is also looking to repeat, and looked great in Germany back in December, winning gold at her first event in more than eighteen months. She should lock up a spot in Sochi at worlds in March, and definitely looks to shine on the ice again, but Americans Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold, who were both impressive at U.S. nationals last month, might have something to say about that.

sochi 2014:one year out
    36~39 yuna kim (bgm. One of the greatest Olympic performances I have ever seen!!!)

Tripping on the Podium
    About the NBC Sports talk article "Six Questions Leading Up To Sochi," and since this is a thread about Yuna Kim, I'll stick to that question (but other answers to these six questions are horrific, specifically on Lysacek's ability to repeat...Kitchen, the author of the article, seems to have no idea about figure skating). Back to Kim...and I preface with I love Kim and her skating...but 1.) I'm not sure he watched US Nationals but "impressive" does not seem like the right word for Wagner and Gold's performances at nationals. Portions of their nationals performances were impressive but both had an 'up-and-down' nationals; 2.) And more than just Wagner and Gold will have something to say about Kim repeating as Olympic champion...Not only do Wagner and Gold have to compete against a talented US "Ladies" field in the next nationals, but who ever comes out of nationals will be facing a strong contingent from Japan, the Russians, and Italy's Kostner, and probably Osmond from Canada, which means Kim will be facing these skaters as well (obviously). Any skating fan knows this, so it's baffling this author had nothing to say about Kim's possibilty of a repeat in relation to these other great international talents, who arguably (and I use arguably because this is a debate in the coming months) have better chances of un-seeding Kim than either Wagner or Gold... ...major sports networks need to desperately improve their figure skating coverage. P.S. The Lysacek analysis is still dumb founding

Banned
    Have no idea what it is all about (speak no Korean)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqchG9s1C_k

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Have no idea what it is all about (speak no Korean)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqchG9s1C_k
    Thanks. Yuna is so cute!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Looks like they are having photo/video sessions for a sports shoe company.

I think Yuna should change her costume for Vampire's Kiss; it looks a bit too pretty and non-descript, although the V-shape in red is supposed to be blood and all. Vampire themes always have a sexual subtext, and I wish Yuna could make such subtext more obvious. As for Les Miserables, my suggestion for improvement would be to go for a crescendo effect or emphasize the contrast between lyrical passages and epic outbursts. As the program is now, it reminds me a bit of Asada's Bells of Moscow; flailing arms throughout the program. But, Worlds are just weeks away.... Hope Yuna is communicating with David Wilson to iron out any issues, although they probably can't communicate with each other as frequently as when she was in Canada.

actually, Yuna's concept of having blue and red color as her dress is because she wanted to exactly portray the movie Kiss of the Vampire. I remember reading an article saying
    she purposely chose that color to show the black and white image of the original film. (since it was an old movie, it was b/w). Also, she wouldn't go near sexual subtext since Korea is still very conservative, and it would create many anti-yuna fans just because she looks too "sexy"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    actually, Yuna's concept of having blue and red color as her dress is because she wanted to exactly portray the movie Kiss of the Vampire. I remember reading an article saying
    she purposely chose that color to show the black and white image of the original film. (since it was an old movie, it was b/w). Also, she wouldn't go near sexual subtext since Korea is still very conservative, and it would create many anti-yuna fans just because she looks too "sexy"
    I've got to disagree with this part. Korea is a pretty sophisticated society, when it comes to media and entertainment (just look at the themes and subjects for its movies and TV shows).

And come on, fuggedabout the subtext, the Bond Girl SP had plenty of sexual text .

Page 176 of 212 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast