Yuna Kim | Page 177 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

RABID

Final Flight
This weekend, Yuna used her powerful platform at UNICEF to raise awareness of their campaign to help the victims of the horrific Nepal quake. Here's a related article: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=081&aid=0002551504

That picture of her..... reminded me of what made her the perfect figure skater. Not only did she have the soulful talent, she was also blessed with a lovely face and perfect physique to go with it.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ I first find this news through Yuna's chinese fanclub weibo. I was so touched at the time. Before, Yuna donates all the time. it is so often that it become a norm for me.
But this time. after such a long time of hiatus, this is the news pop up... I miss Yuna soooo much.

paperhearts

Final Flight
Hi! This is my first time posting here but I just wanted to say that Yuna was the one who attracted me to figure skating. She has such a beautiful soul that shows off-ice and on-ice (and being a Kpop fan beforehand made me root for her during Sochi) and I hope she continues to make her mark. :)

I don't know if it's been posted already but recently a Kpop group called "The Ark" debuted with a member with a similar name (Yuna Kim) but with different spelling in Hangul-- 킴유나 the singer/rapper vs 김연아 the Olympic champion. More about it on this (dated) article. With that, some media articles do not really distinguish between the two so whenever I see news articles with her name but referring to the singer/rapper, I'm a bit disappointed hahaha. Personally, I'm rooting for both "Yuna Kim"s! Hahaha.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i have no particular affection towards S Korea, before Yuna. S Korea feels the same to me like all other countries.
Because of Yuna, not only I started to learn figure skating myself. but also, I started to like S Korea. I started to follow Yuna kids(korean young skaters), get to know all the local brands Yuna as spokesman. And I can always chat with Koreans about Yuna with passion and love and make friends. not me but I also know that some Yuna fans started to learn Korean as their second language.

about this other Kpop girl CHOSE the same English name as Yuna . I personally found it annoying that her info cluttered Yuna's tumblr thread.
some Yuna fans also think it is another typical PR stunt to use Yuna's fame to bring attention...

How Yuna get my attention. a glimpse of her Sheherazade on TV at 2009 LA worlds. without known who she is...

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
How Yuna get my attention. a glimpse of her Sheherazade on TV at 2009 LA worlds. without known who she is...

Yuna first got my attention at Worlds 2007 with her El Tango SP. I was instantly in love. :love: And she was actually one of the reasons I began to skate myself.

SO amazing what she is doing to raise money and awareness for the Nepal tragedy. She is truly a gift.

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't know if it's been posted already but recently a Kpop group called "The Ark" debuted with a member with a similar name (Yuna Kim) but with different spelling in Hangul-- 킴유나 the singer/rapper vs 김연아 the Olympic champion. More about it on this (dated) article. With that, some media articles do not really distinguish between the two so whenever I see news articles with her name but referring to the singer/rapper, I'm a bit disappointed hahaha. Personally, I'm rooting for both "Yuna Kim"s! Hahaha.

Thanks for clarifying this. I was feeling like in idiot on youtube looking hard for Yuna Kim, the skater, among those girls. :hopelessness: I even asked the one who uploaded the video "where is Yuna here?". :slink:

paperhearts

Final Flight
about this other Kpop girl CHOSE the same English name as Yuna . I personally found it annoying that her info cluttered Yuna's tumblr thread.
some Yuna fans also think it is another typical PR stunt to use Yuna's fame to bring attention...

While I support the group, I feel the same. :think: Hopefully journalists will distinguish between the singer and the skater in the future, it would clear up a lot of things for fans of either.

Thanks for clarifying this. I was feeling like in idiot on youtube looking hard for Yuna Kim, the skater, among those girls. :hopelessness: I even asked the one who uploaded the video "where is Yuna here?". :slink:

Happy to help! Ahahaha, the same thing happens to me when I click on a news article with Yuna's name excitedly then it turns out to be about the Kpop group... :eek:hwell:

I've seen some Kpop fans be converted to fans of Yuna the skater while searching for Yuna the rapper though, so it's not all bad. :laugh:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
That's true. Good rapper by the way, the girl from The Ark. :thumbsup:

She is one of the more promising rappers that debuted from the recent years.

I do still feel bit a peeved bit about Euna using Kim Yuna as her idol name but I guess that her decision also came from the company and to how her name will pronounced by the fans. Unless you know how to speak Korean, international fans wouldn't know how to say Euna. (lol I don't....)

Anyway, their group is actually pretty good! their MV is quite moving especially since it touches the subject of the Sewol accident without explicity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=168&v=c-cOZgaotPY

[kpop talk over! back to hybernating a bit]