Yuna Kim | Page 182 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ I posted that links (SP and LP) a couple of weeks after Sochi OG, as soon as it popped up on youtube at YNKF, just to provide a direct comparison between performances for viewers. IMO, Yuna really attacked... Anyways, Yuna's performances are forever preserved for us fans to appreciate it in the future. I am glad that your opinion towards Adios changed after later views. As many fans already posted over internet, Adios is an intriguing piece, the more you watch it, the more you were touched (or tears in your eyes).
this broadcast version is exactly the same angle as IOC official angle. there were only 2 cam angles for Yuna's sochi performance, IOC (general, cbc, bbc, kbs...) broadcast angle and NBC angle. There are also some fan edit on Youtube (mixing of these two for individual fan's preferences). The official IOC video of Yuna's Adios on Youtube is exactly the same angle as this one with HD quality, but very unfortunate the video has a glitch at the start of Yuna's spiral sequence.

At the time (Sochi). many fans downloaded HD no commentary versions of Yuna's sochi performances. also provided links for download for personal use.

Last edited:

Eclair

Medalist
^^ I posted that links (SP and LP) a couple of weeks after Sochi OG, as soon as it popped up on youtube at YNKF, just to provide a direct comparison between performances for viewers. IMO, Yuna really attacked... Anyways, Yuna's performances are forever preserved for us fans to appreciate it in the future. I am glad that your opinion towards Adios changed after later views. As many fans already posted over internet, Adios is an intriguing piece, the more you watch it, the more you were touched (or tears in your eyes).
this broadcast version is exactly the same angle as IOC official angle. there were only 2 cam angles for Yuna's sochi performance, IOC (general, cbc, bbc, kbs...) broadcast angle and NBC angle. There are also some fan edit on Youtube (mixing of these two for individual fan's preferences). The official IOC video of Yuna's Adios on Youtube is exactly the same angle as this one with HD quality, but very unfortunate the video has a glitch at the start of Yuna's spiral sequence.

At the time (Sochi). many fans downloaded HD no commentary versions of Yuna's sochi performances. also provided links for download for personal use.

you're right yyyskate, it's the same version as the official IOC version on youtube :eek: but somehow I was way more impressed when I saw the programm on the youtube link from alchemei ... it just clicked, while even now the programm doesn't impress me much when I watch it on the IOC youtube channel:think: I really don't understand why my mind likes alchmei's version better :confused:

Also in alchemei's verison I could really appreciate Carolina's SS, while I don't remember being so impressed with Caro's Bolero when I watched it solo on the IOC channel. Maybe I just need to watch the programms in relation to each other to become more invested :shrug:
now I feel stupid for being so enthuisiastic about the apparently not so new camera angles:eek::

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Here is another version of Yuna's Adios. It is from Korean Nationals. Tbh I prefer this camera work than from Sochi. You can really see more of Yuna's expressions here.

edit: now here is her SITC in a new angle as well. again it is also from k-nats :)

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Here is another version of Yuna's Adios. It is from Korean Nationals. Tbh I prefer this camera work than from Sochi. You can really see more of Yuna's expressions here.

edit: now here is her SITC in a new angle as well. again it is also from k-nats :)

0:25 :love:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist

That's just beautiful. :love: The speed, flow, quality and emotions.
I still feel like Send in the Clowns should be the defending WR right now. As much as I love Mao's Nocturne program, SITC has this regal beauty into it that makes you feel a mixture of emotions. It leaves you speechless. No words. Just feelings.

*crazy how after Sochi, the scores went unbelievably high that Yuna's SP score in Oly got beaten by 4 people already, (Mao, JulLip, Caro, and now Liza). But none of them came close to Yuna's speed and flow, for me. (except maybe Caro in SS)

randomfan

Record Breaker
That's just beautiful. :love: The speed, flow, quality and emotions.
I still feel like Send in the Clowns should be the defending WR right now. As much as I love Mao's Nocturne program, SITC has this regal beauty into it that makes you feel a mixture of emotions. It leaves you speechless. No words. Just feelings.

*crazy how after Sochi, the scores went unbelievably high that Yuna's SP score in Oly got beaten by 4 people already, (Mao, JulLip, Caro, and now Liza). But none of them came close to Yuna's speed and flow, for me. (except maybe Caro in SS)

ITA about SITC being a WR. But I don't mind Mao's Nocturne being the WR right now because both programs were phenomenal. I would've been okay seeing Yuna getting a WR for SITC and then Mao beating it by not too much of a difference.

Recently I've been into EX programs so I thought about my top 3 for Yuna's. Maybe there was a discussion like this in this thread but what are your guys' favorite Yuna EXs and why? Here's my list...

3. Fever (2010-2011) - Many programs of a skater brings joy and excitement to a viewer and I think this program was one of the best in that category for Yuna. "Fever" started off with silence and then suddenly went into excitement, and the fact that she only skated to it in Korea with her wild fans and audience made her do even better because of all those crazy cheers.
2. Imagine (2013-2014) - I think most of us liked this program even more because it was her farewell program. "Imagine" is already a popular song all over the world but when Yuna skated to it it gave me a bit of a renewed feeling. The choreography matched very well with the lyrics and it actually made me almost cry (and I don't usually cry during skates:p).
1. All of Me (2012-2013) - I initially didn't think much about this program but then I grew to love it. "All of Me" already seemed to be a difficult song for skaters to perform to while retaining the groovy and jazzy feeling of it. Yuna's amazing ability to sell this program while retaining those feelings showcased her fantastic SS and presentation. She played the masculine character so perfectly that I wanted to perform like that too:bow:. Even though there weren't any jumps in the final showing of the program it just showed us that Yuna can be awesome even without jumps.

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
ITA about SITC being a WR. But I don't mind Mao's Nocturne being the WR right now because both programs were phenomenal. I would've been okay seeing Yuna getting a WR for SITC and then Mao beating it by not too much of a difference.

Recently I've been into EX programs so I thought about my top 3 for Yuna's. Maybe there was a discussion like this in this thread but what are your guys' favorite Yuna EXs and why? Here's my list...

3. Fever (2010-2011) - Many programs of a skater brings joy and excitement to a viewer and I think this program was one of the best in that category for Yuna. "Fever" started off with silence and then suddenly went into excitement, and the fact that she only skated to it in Korea with her wild fans and audience made her do even better because of all those crazy cheers.
2. Imagine (2013-2014) - I think most of us liked this program even more because it was her farewell program. "Imagine" is already a popular song all over the world but when Yuna skated to it it gave me a bit of a renewed feeling. The choreography matched very well with the lyrics and it actually made me almost cry (and I don't usually cry during skates:p).
1. All of Me (2012-2013) - I initially didn't think much about this program but then I grew to love it. "All of Me" already seemed to be a difficult song for skaters to perform to while retaining the groovy and jazzy feeling of it. Yuna's amazing ability to sell this program while retaining those feelings showcased her fantastic SS and presentation. She played the masculine character so perfectly that I wanted to perform like that too:bow:. Even though there weren't any jumps in the final showing of the program it just showed us that Yuna can be awesome even without jumps.

I don't mind Mao's WR either. I love her SP. Although for me, Yuna's SITC, if scored properly and with Olympic inflation and all, should have been 79-80+. And then Mao's Nocturne in the 78.++. I gave an edge to SITC because of the sheer quality, technique, presentation, power and grace it has that somehow Mao's Nocturne lacks a little in, just a little.

And just for sharing, my favorite EX's from Yuna are:

- Meditation de Thais
- Nessun Dorma
- Only Hope

:) :love:

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker

I love this! Shame she only did those programs 3 times. Even more of a shame that she only did her 'Giselle' once. (Twice, if we count ATS.)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I also don't mind score or whoever hold world record at all. Yuna will forever be remembered for her skating! But, her SITC is THE most beautiful figure skating fancam I have ever seen (I watched a lot). Only after I saw this fancam, I fully appreciated her SITC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl4_W5Sv_xE
And one of my fav Yuna ex is FEVER, that is how you do sexy!

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I also don't mind score or whoever hold world record at all. Yuna will forever be remembered for her skating! But, her SITC is THE most beautiful figure skating fancam I have ever seen (I watched a lot). Only after I saw this fancam, I fully appreciated her SITC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl4_W5Sv_xE
And one of my fav Yuna ex is FEVER, that is how you do sexy!

Wow I can't believe I haven't seen this yet. What a wonderful piece of 散文 on ice.

Another classic program for the ages. She keep out do herself right till the end. She really separate from everyone else in that that she looks as if she is performing to say goodbye, while everyone is there to compete.

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
I love this! Shame she only did those programs 3 times. Even more of a shame that she only did her 'Giselle' once. (Twice, if we count ATS.)

She did Giselle three times actually if you count the one in Yuna's Kiss & Cry. But I guess since that one only had a step sequence and a spin it wasn't official.

Another pic w/ MK, as well as Vanessa Williams and Dikembe Mutombo https://twitter.com/VWOfficial/status/625068738086187008

The opening ceremonies of the Special Olympics in Los Angeles just started. Michelle and Dikembe Mutombo are international board members and Yuna is a global ambassador.

While in Los Angeles, Yuna is also scheduled to participate in the Doha GOALS international sports forum for athletes and people involved in the business end of sports, which seeks ways to use the universal appeal of sports to address world-wide social and economic problems.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I hope that the 2014 ATS isn't Yuna's last ice show. I remember reading somewhere that she will continue to make shows in the future. Maybe she's just busy this year in her grad school and promoting 2018 Olympics.
Although, all I wish for her is happiness in what ever she chooses to do in her life. #clingyfan :laugh:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I hope that the 2014 ATS isn't Yuna's last ice show. I remember reading somewhere that she will continue to make shows in the future. Maybe she's just busy this year in her grad school and promoting 2018 Olympics.
Although, all I wish for her is happiness in what ever she chooses to do in her life. #clingyfan :laugh:

Don't forget to keep her agency afloat. I don't really mind that Yuna doesn't have a show this year. She is SK's only figure skating star and with the 2018 OG creeping up really close, she can't stretch herself too thin by doing EVERYTHING.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
to randomfan, my fave EXs at the moment (since I'm at summer mode)

1. Don't Stop the Music
I casually bop to it and try to copy Yuna's moves (if I have the chance, I do them at a party). It shows youth and brings out her sassiness. I also like the song because...well it's one of the few songs that I liked from Rihanna

2. All of Me
There's just something so natural in this program. And I really liked that. Also, it's quite masculine in a sense and Yuna just pulls that off naturally without looking awkward. Just suave and cool.

3. Turandot
Because I get chills and get all teary while watching it. Maybe it's the live music and the fact of her retiring, but just so much emotions from happy to sad to angry to whatever. Also, it makes me curse a lot since I always ask why Yuna is retiring. :laugh: