Yuna Kim | Page 188 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

RABID

Final Flight
Gosh, retired and still so young. She has a full life ahead of her. Belated best wishes, YuNa! :eek::

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Watching the new programs of the ladies for this season sure did make me miss Yuna a lot. Especially now that her ice show isn't happening this year. I miss her powerful yet graceful skating. And her epic ending poses. No one does 3Lz-3T as good as her. And her layback ina bauer or spread eagle into a 2A / 2A combo. And absolutely no one yet becomes one with music. It's like every music she skates to was written for her. These days, there's so much disconnect with the music. Skaters are rushing to finish an element to do another. Makes me feel out of love with figure skating because it is becoming more of a sport than art unlike before where there is somehow a balance between the two, which was also the reason why I fell in love with figure skating (as an audience).

MiRé

Match Penalty
Watching the new programs of the ladies for this season sure did make me miss Yuna a lot. Especially now that her ice show isn't happening this year. I miss her powerful yet graceful skating. And her epic ending poses. No one does 3Lz-3T as good as her. And her layback ina bauer or spread eagle into a 2A / 2A combo. And absolutely no one yet becomes one with music. It's like every music she skates to was written for her. These days, there's so much disconnect with the music. Skaters are rushing to finish an element to do another. Makes me feel out of love with figure skating because it is becoming more of a sport than art unlike before where there is somehow a balance between the two, which was also the reason why I fell in love with figure skating (as an audience).

Seriously....... And the pcs that the current skaters are getting is just beyond ridiculous.......... Thank god we still have Mao to see what skating is at least

s_parks

Record Breaker
Seriously....... And the pcs that the current skaters are getting is just beyond ridiculous.......... Thank god we still have Mao to see what skating is at least

I agree. Hopefully Mao's return brings some reason back to the pcs range.

yyyskate

Record Breaker

we still have Karen, Japanese Juniors such as Wakababy, Marin and Yuna_A.etc. who all showed great musicality and emphasize on the part we love about figure skating. Also, I think Gracie and Polina are getting great programs this year, their choreo are closely related to music, and hopefully, they can have great skates. Zijun's sp choreo looks good as well. There are still great programs out there, you just have to look beyond the hype that is circling around a certain group of skaters right now.

s_parks

Record Breaker
we still have Karen, Japanese Juniors such as Wakababy, Marin and Yuna_A.etc. who all showed great musicality and emphasize on the part we love about figure skating. Also, I think Gracie and Polina are getting great programs this year, their choreo are closely related to music, and hopefully, they can have great skates. Zijun's sp choreo looks good as well. There are still great programs out there, you just have to look beyond the hype that is circling around a certain group of skaters right now.

The thing is, the skaters you listed are either too young for us to know what will happen long-term or inconsistent/haven't really delivered. Of course there's great skaters and programs beyond the "veterans" (makes it sound like yuna and mao are old, ha)- we'll just have to wait. :)