Yuna Kim | Page 189 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i think so XD and i am curious how did she manage to find user name "yunakim", one would think, that user name would be the 1st name fake accounts would get :laugh:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
we still have Karen, Japanese Juniors such as Wakababy, Marin and Yuna_A.etc. who all showed great musicality and emphasize on the part we love about figure skating. Also, I think Gracie and Polina are getting great programs this year, their choreo are closely related to music, and hopefully, they can have great skates. Zijun's sp choreo looks good as well. There are still great programs out there, you just have to look beyond the hype that is circling around a certain group of skaters right now.

Thank you! Will check some of these ladies out. :)

For me, Karen has the tendency to be overpowered by the music which results to her being somewhat a "headcase" sometimes. I do admire her gorgeous spins and big 2A. Zijun is one of the 3 (now 4 including Satoko) Asian skaters I like and support. I find her skating much more enjoyable than some of the current top ladies. The thing is, as much as I admire her skating, she is inconsistent and doesn't really exude that much character on ice, unlike Yuna who skates with this big personality/aura even in her early years in international ice/stage. Polina is also troubled with inconsistency and not much personality on ice. Gracie is a very good skater but her skating doesn't move me and she is inconsistent especially when it matters. Her Lutz is great. Her other jumps don't have that much flow out. I think she is the best American lady technically. But presentation wise, for me, she has a lot to improve. Don't get me wrong. I love her programs this year. She, I think, outside of Satoko (or maybe Mao) has the better programs compared to the Russian ladies. I'm betting on her and Mao actually.

I have yet to see the Japanese skaters. :) Thank you for recommending. :)

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
i think so XD and i am curious how did she manage to find user name "yunakim", one would think, that user name would be the 1st name fake accounts would get :laugh:

On social media sites like youtube, twitter and instagram you can buy the username if you really want it and the owner is willing to sell it

I hope she posts a lot of pictures, I'm assuming we'll see her raising awareness for charity and stuff

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
On social media sites like youtube, twitter and instagram you can buy the username if you really want it and the owner is willing to sell it

I hope she posts a lot of pictures, I'm assuming we'll see her raising awareness for charity and stuff

Wow less than 24 hours, already 20.1k. Alot of people really must love YOG!! :biggrin:

Suze

Rinkside
Thanks so much for sharing the Instagram info! I am a little disappointed that it is business-y in tone and probably not used by yuna herself but someone at ATS.

Yuna used to have an active cyworld page (Korean blog) back around 2005 and it was fun to see the pics she uploaded from skating galas and backstage.

If she is interested in running for office one day, she is doing a great job by not using personal SNS. Still, as a longtime fan, I truly miss her and am wishing for any new news no matter how trivial.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Thank you! Will check some of these ladies out. :)

Zijun this season will do inna bauer + 2A, I have seen a practice clip, it is pretty smooth and very Yuna like, this may satisfy your Yuna withdraw a little bit.
Yes I agree with you, they don't have Yuna's big personality/aura on ice (even since junior )yet.......... Polina got a tiny bit of that aura based on her moonlight sonata SP this season, I am looking forward to it.
Gracie, I really like her new programs this season, both SP and LP, SP is very similar to Yuna's Adios in style, I wish she can skate with complete confidence and command this season as well.
Karen is training 3A right now (we may expect some inconsistency in her 2A this season:hopelessness:)... and I have watched her revised SP and LP, I think you will love both and she is really trying her best to skate as big as she can.
The reason why I am so excited about japanese juniors is that they acctually showed that kinda Yuna big personality/aura since such young age.
Check out Wakababy's last year FS and Marin's FS(and her 2A-3T jump smooth landing, you will love it). Yuna_A's SP, I bet you will cried (certainly, I did:cry:)
And Elizabet from Kaz, she is certainly trying to channeling Yuna this season.
We got lots of great new talents out there, besides our beloved veterans Yuna (retired:cry:) and Mao.