Yuna Kim | Page 206 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
So on the Russian social network (equivalent of Facebook), for months after the Olympics, people were calling Adelina the new "queen" and basically treating her as if she was pooping rainbows or something. I honestly think maybe an odd 5% (or less) believed that it is Yuna who deserved 1st and Mao should have scored higher. Well, we always knew this sport was about money and politics, but I think we should commend Yuna for rising above it all with her impeccable sportsmanship. :)

and i think we should all do the same,leave our disappointment aside and keep Yuna's thread free of drama, many threads turns leads to Sochi drama one way or another and Yuna wouldnt want that :agree:

orangejacket

Rinkside
So on the Russian social network (equivalent of Facebook), for months after the Olympics, people were calling Adelina the new "queen" and basically treating her as if she was pooping rainbows or something. I honestly think maybe an odd 5% (or less) believed that it is Yuna who deserved 1st and Mao should have scored higher. Well, we always knew this sport was about money and politics, but I think we should commend Yuna for rising above it all with her impeccable sportsmanship. :)

Of course because it is great to see your fellow countrymen win in any competition, but a false victory is a false victory, a victory that shouldn't be acknowledged even if you're of the same nationality.

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Is there any news about Yuna these days? I miss her so much. haha
Worlds is near and all I can think of is her glorious Les Mis program. No one tops that for me, even if the judges disagree. It really puzzles me why she didn't break the WR back then. That was a perfect legendary skate. :)

begin

Medalist
Of course because it is great to see your fellow countrymen win in any competition, but a false victory is a false victory, a victory that shouldn't be acknowledged even if you're of the same nationality.

We really need to stop with this kind of rhetoric :(

I don't want to bring more drama to Yuna's fanfest thread but can we discuss some of the behavior being displayed by certain fanatics? Ugh! I'm getting so sick of these delusional keyboard warriors and internet tirades. Korea only ever had one champion skater so I understand that a lot of her Korean fans have a very narrow and limited idea of what good skating is. But she has been happily retired for two years and yet STILL, so many of her fans continue damaging her legacy with their ignorant hate towards other top skaters in Youtube comments and forums. How in the world can so many people be so delusional? Yuna isn't the greatest skater that ever lived but that doesn't mean she isn't still great. If the likes of Medvedevia, Mao, or even Sotnikova eventually prove to be better than Yuna then so be it! Frankly speaking, if the idea of Yuna being bested interferes with your love for her Yuna than you were never a real fan to begin with. /end rant

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria

I don't want to bring more drama to Yuna's fanfest thread but can we discuss some of the behavior being displayed by certain fanatics? Ugh! I'm getting so sick of these delusional keyboard warriors and internet tirades. Korea only ever had one champion skater so I understand that a lot of her Korean fans have a very narrow and limited idea of what good skating is. But she has been happily retired for two years and yet STILL, so many of her fans continue damaging her legacy with their ignorant hate towards other top skaters in Youtube comments and forums. How in the world can so many people be so delusional? Yuna isn't the greatest skater that ever lived but that doesn't mean she isn't still great. If the likes of Medvedevia, Mao, or even Sotnikova eventually prove to be better than Yuna then so be it! Frankly speaking, if the idea of Yuna being bested interferes with your love for her Yuna than you were never a real fan to begin with. /end rant
I agree. But I read a couple of articles about social media bots lately (f.e.: Forbes article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/lutzfinger/2015/02/17/do-evil-the-business-of-social-media-bots/#68b578211048) and because of what I learned from those articles I want to add that probably not so many delusional fans are around in reality. It could be only one computer algorithm. I mean, they are called "Yuna fans" maybe for a reason? I don't know, I started reading "social media bots" related articles only lately so I'm not really knowledgeable about it.
But I like the idea that most Yuna fans are smart, fair and not in the least delusional. :) I sometimes started to doubt that and this new knowledge makes me happy.

skaterr

On the Ice

You better not bring more drama. Her fans are damaging her legacy Ugh?? in what way?? Yuna agreed when South Korea's skating union requested an investigation into whether it was run fairly. Yuna haters work more diligently I guess. They succeeded in blocking ATS vides in North America. Also there are famous Yuna hating video called Yuna hated by other skaters. Hahaha. I think Yuna haters work better in leaving messages in Youtube.

I agree. But I read a couple of articles about social media bots lately (f.e.: Forbes article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/lutzfinger/2015/02/17/do-evil-the-business-of-social-media-bots/#68b578211048) and because of what I learned from those articles I want to add that probably not so many delusional fans are around in reality. It could be only one computer algorithm. I mean, they are called "Yuna fans" maybe for a reason? I don't know, I started reading "social media bots" related articles only lately so I'm not really knowledgeable about it.
But I like the idea that most Yuna fans are smart, fair and not in the least delusional. :) I sometimes started to doubt that and this new knowledge makes me happy.

Yuna fans?? I cannot believe someone actually mention that in her fan thread. What’s the definition of Yuna fans?? It’s disgusting because it contains someone actually belittles her fans in some ways. Yuna fans are huge, so there are many kinds of fans. Why don’t you stop complaining and do something for your favorite skaters. Her fans work devotedly to support Yuna. Yuna has number 1 facebook fans among the Winter Olympics. IOC may use her facebook as a hub during Olympics 2018.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Yuna fans?? I cannot believe someone actually mention that in her fan thread. What’s the definition of Yuna fans?? It’s disgusting because it contains someone actually belittles her fans in some ways. Yuna fans are huge, so there are many kinds of fans. Why don’t you stop complaining and do something for your favorite skaters. Her fans work devotedly to support Yuna. Yuna has number 1 facebook fans among the Winter Olympics. IOC may use her facebook as a hub during Olympics 2018.
Hey, come on! Have you read my post or have you only read the word "Yuna fans"? I was talking about social media bots which are computer algorithms. So I was supposing that "Yuna fans" are not real human fans, but social media bots programmed to look like delirous yuna fans.
And skaterr - do you actually ever read and try to understand what I'm writing? I know that my English isn't the best, it's not my first language after all but you are always interpreting the worst into what I'm writing. I want to make one thing very clear to you: I'm a Yuna Kim fan, wether you like it or not.
Remember, I want to believe that most Yuna fans are smart and fair and not delusional.

skaterr

On the Ice
You also said " I sometimes started to doubt that and this new knowledge makes me happy."

Do you think Yuna fans only means social media bots? I doubt that. When korean fans can't speak english enough, they tend to post article links or short answers. Do you know what others said to them? Someone actually called them Yuna fans. Someone actually said to me. It's an insult. I hope you do not use that word again.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
skaterr, you already attacked me a couple of times in this forum. You never actually try to understand what I mean. Do you have something against me, personally? Please write me a PM if you want to continue to attack or insult me. I don't think we should have this type of conversation in Yuna's fan thread.
But I will try to explain why I wrote "this new knowledge makes me happy":
Example: A new Adelina video is posted on youtube. After two hours the video is disliked 50 times. I always thought that actual Yuna Kim fans were waiting for new Adelina videos to immediatly dislike them. Now, after reading about social media bots I'm pretty sure that it's only a computer algorithm waiting for new Adelina videos. That's a huge difference to me and that knowledge makes me happy.

skaterr

On the Ice
I don't have anything against you personally. Yuna fans that hideous word made me mad. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I have no hard feelings.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
some ID again. please this is a Yuna fan thread. if not a fan, please do NOT pretending you are (like people would not know).
it is really annoying. since, I as a true fan, saw Yuna fan thread update was expecting some news about Yuna.

So sorry to know that Yuna's video being blocked in North America is due to some anti force...

Honestly, Yuna haters, you guys really dont need to work so hard to belittle Yuna."Yuna fans" will be long gone before hard-core haters like you on any social media or whatever. Maybe the final scene will be your haters acting as both bots and haters and fight ;)

But your guys' wish that is to belittle Yuna's impact in figure skating, on this world is a truly an illusion.

EDIT:
@skaterr my friend, trust and believe your own judgement. my little piece advice for you is that, do not engage, no matter how irritating, pretentious, condescending or ridiculous.. those haters argument is. They are pros. We are just fans. do not feed the bait. Your time is too precious.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
@yyyskate
I'm not the enemy.
I think it's very unfair of you to say that I'm a hater and no Yuna fan. I enjoy this thread very much and I'm always happy about news and updates on Yuna.
In my first post today I was actually trying to defend the majority of Yuna fans, because I honestly believe that there are social media bots running in youtube and other social media platforms who do Yuna's legacy no favour. You can love one skater without hating another.
And please write me a PM if you have anything against me or if you simply want to attack or insult me. I really think we shouldn't do that in Yuna's fan thread.

skaterr

On the Ice
So glad to see yyyskate again :)
It's not only fun to post comments on a thread to support my favorite skater but also fortunate to keep practicing my poor english.
Hope to see you often
please keep posting..:clapper:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
@skaterr
^^
EDIT:
also, my friend, I hope you will have a little more confidence in Yuna and yourself (thus don't feel the urge to defence Yuna at every time) because Yuna is a great skater.
I wrote a little poem dedicated to Yuna during Sochi. I kinda think it is fitting here. I wrote it in Chinese initially .

只因为你是女王。
Just because you are the Queen.
女王的妩媚不倚靠解说的支持
Queen's beauty does not reply on commentators' advocate.
女王的强大不惧怕弱点的坦白
Queen's strength, does not afraid of being candid of weakness.
任何时候都完美是女王的义务。
Being flawless at any time, is Queen's duty
提携后辈,一人抗起一个国家的花滑运动,是女王的责任。
Helping youngsters, carrying a whole country solely on your shoulder, is Queen's responsibility.
曝露政治的腐败,最好的殉道者当然也只有你女王。
Expose political corruption, who else could be the better martyr, of course it has to be you, the Queen.
如你短节目裙子的颜色。
Just like the color of your short program dress.
橄榄绿 是包容一切悲伤的温暖。
Olive green, it is the warmth that can embrace all sadness.
如你长节目裙子胸口的设计。
Just like the design on left chest of your free skate dress.
通过你,为花滑可能的改革撕开了一个裂口。
Through you, a crack for possible figure skating reform has been ripped open.
看到你gala谢幕的时候,总是选择默默的站在最边上。。。
Watching you taking the final bow at gala, always chose to stand on the side...
看到你奥运期间和大家的各种合照(自动成为人肉背景)
Watching your photos with all other athletes during Oly Game (automatically, becoming the best background)
我突然明白了,
I suddenly moved on.
不在为你抱怨,不平。。。
Don't complain, anger for you any more ...
只因为你是女王。
Just because you are the Queen.

@psusanne I have nothing against you. and my time is too precious to be wasted on making enemies, to me, you are a poster on this board, and I have an impression of you based on your posts. that's it.

@skaterr
I got really busy recently and probably will be like that in the future as well. but I do still spend a lots of time on figure skating, including catching up with videos, practice myself and go to figure skating event as often as I can manage. I may very likely not post as much as before. but I will always follow Yuna's update. and study and review Yuna's program whenever I got time.

Last edited:

skaterr

On the Ice
yyyskate and OS are truely genius. Their words are so deep I wonder how they would be in real life..
Many korean fans really appreciate what they have written in GS or Yunaforum.
Yuna is so fortunate to have fans like them. ;)

begin

Medalist

Oh I'm certainly not saying all Yuna fans acting like this. Just a very obnoxious and loud minority. Not sure about an algorithm, although some commentators are definitely just trolls.

You better not bring more drama. Her fans are damaging her legacy Ugh?? in what way?? Yuna agreed when South Korea's skating union requested an investigation into whether it was run fairly.

She didn't say anything about the investigation. She distanced herself from the whole Sochi Scandal crusade, probably because she didn't want to be associated with madness and stupidity of some of her fans. For the record, I do think she deserved gold but it was a very close competition. It wasn't rigged by Sotnikova herself and yet these crazies continue to harass her over false "evidence" of her wrong doing. Do you not think their behavior tarnishes her memory in other people's eyes?

Yuna haters work more diligently I guess. They succeeded in blocking ATS vides in North America.

That was due to the new Youtube RED policies that were enacted at the end of last year. Tons of music and sports channels had to pull their videos from North America because they didn't make a deal with Google http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/21/an-offer-creators-cant-refuse/

Also there are famous Yuna hating video called Yuna hated by other skaters. Hahaha. I think Yuna haters work better in leaving messages in Youtube.

I am aware Yuna has some crazy haters herself but that doesn't justify what some of her fans do. Going to every other top skaters' videos and leaving ignorant and rude comments about how superior Yuna is when clearly, they have no real knowledge of or appreciation for figure skating as a sport. I doubt Yuna would be proud to have fans disrespecting her competitors and sport in such a manner.