Yuna Kim | Page 207 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

skaterr

On the Ice
She didn't say anything about the investigation. She distanced herself from the whole Sochi Scandal crusade, probably because she didn't want to be associated with madness and stupidity of some of her fans. For the record, I do think she deserved gold but it was a very close competition. It wasn't rigged by Sotnikova herself and yet these crazies continue to harass her over false "evidence" of her wrong doing. Do you not think their behavior tarnishes her memory in other people's eyes?
Maybe you are not a korean, so you don't know a thing about her. Why don't you translate this article in google or something. She clearly said she respect the idea of filing a complaint. KSU vice president Ms.Rhee(Lee) she asked her opinion in anticipation of rejecting it. But Yuna said Yes,so KSU had to file a complaint. Stupid Ms. Rhee. She didn't expect that.:laugh2:

Also ATS blocking issue... It's well known among fans Yuna haters reported the authority on the name of ATS
Ugh??? ATS insisted their copyright?? Block themselves??? Anyone can report the authority on the name of False identity.

begin

Medalist
Maybe you are not a korean, so you don't know a thing about her. Why don't you translate this article in google or something. She clearly said she respect the idea of filing a complaint. KSU vice president Ms.Rhee(Lee) she asked her opinion in anticipation of rejecting it. But Yuna said Yes,so KSU had to file a complaint. Stupid Ms. Rhee. She didn't expect that.:laugh2:

'Respecting their decision' isn't the same thing as 'agreeing with it'. I watched a lot of her interviews after Sochi and don't recall her ever giving a direct quote to reporters about the KSU's complaint. My experience has taught me that certain Korean 'journalists' tend to twist comments instead of reporting them word-for-word as they should. As far as I'm concerned, Ms. Lee's account doesn't amount to much as it's not from Yuna's own mouth. I don't believe the KSU petition was Yuna's decision. From what I do know of her, she has always been above any sort of complaining.

Also ATS blocking issue... It's well known among fans Yuna haters reported the authority on the name of ATS
Ugh??? ATS insisted their copyright?? Block themselves??? Anyone can report the authority on the name of False identity.

Youtube has systems in place to prevent false claims against official/business channels. I don't know what fans you have been listening to, but false reports wouldn't have been enough to block the videos. ATS certainly would've been able to contest the reports if or when they received a warning from Youtube.

Please read my original comment and the article I posted about the Youtube Red policy. That is a far more reasonable and realistic explanation. Whether you choose to accept it or not is your decision.

skaterr

On the Ice
'Respecting their decision' isn't the same thing as 'agreeing with it'. I watched a lot of her interviews after Sochi and don't recall her ever giving a direct quote to reporters about the KSU's complaint. My experience has taught me that certain Korean 'journalists' tend to twist comments instead of reporting them word-for-word as they should. As far as I'm concerned, Ms. Lee's account doesn't amount to much as it's not from Yuna's own mouth. I don't believe the KSU petition was Yuna's decision. From what I do know of her, she has always been above any sort of complaining.

Youtube has systems in place to prevent false claims against official/business channels. I don't know what fans you have been listening to, but false reports wouldn't have been enough to block the videos. ATS certainly would've been able to contest the reports if or when they received a warning from Youtube.

Please read my original comment and the article I posted about the Youtube Red policy. That is a far more reasonable and realistic explanation. Whether you choose to accept it or not is your decision.

"I said that KSU vice president Ms.Rhee(Lee) she asked her opinion in anticipation of rejecting it. But Yuna said Yes,so KSU had to file a complaint." You don't know how KSU decided to file a complaint in the first place. Ms. Rhee first interviewed demanding answers from Yuna, so Fans were very angry about her interviews. Fans complained why KSU vice president draw Yuna into their decision whether to file a complaint or not. After a few hours ATS officially confirmed they respect their decision, so it means " Please do file a complaint."

Gosh you are right. Looks like they just blocked access from Singapore IP for some reason! (I had it set to view the GP series and hasn't changed back).

I was wondering how come I got a black box "This video contains content from allthatskate. It is not available in your country."
I also tried to access this clip earlier too which was signed with a copyright notice 2010 ATSLA Day2 "Dream On" /Copyright ⓒ YunaForum All rights reserved. but got the black box white bold text notice saying This video contains content from YunaKim. It is not available in your country. I was like.. WHAT?!!! Oh really?? Yuna has claimed copyright from Yunaforum fancams? Wow! Since when?! That's a new one - but she is the Queen and all... :laugh2:

Thank goodness, after I changed my IP back, it went fine. Thanks SunnyStars! Oh and thanks Youtube, thanks for a laugh on a otherwise dreary day.

I wont choose to accept it... then...

cooper

Medalist
goodness this thread..

first and foremost i hate what happened in Sochi, but to clarify, yuna never complained about what happened. she MOVED ON.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Hey, come on! Have you read my post or have you only read the word "Yuna fans"? I was talking about social media bots which are computer algorithms. So I was supposing that "Yuna fans" are not real human fans, but social media bots programmed to look like delirous yuna fans.
And skaterr - do you actually ever read and try to understand what I'm writing? I know that my English isn't the best, it's not my first language after all but you are always interpreting the worst into what I'm writing. I want to make one thing very clear to you: I'm a Yuna Kim fan, wether you like it or not.
Remember, I want to believe that most Yuna fans are smart and fair and not delusional.

I think that is indeed the case (bold). However, you also have to understand that when really unfair things happen to VERY GOOD PEOPLE, humans tend to lose touch of reality and find it difficult to control their emotions and/or behavior. This is only partly reflective of their fault as human beings, but also partly of the situation itself, which I think we can agree is far from faultless. (I am not blaming or defending anyone, I just think that there should be a happy medium and acknowledgement of reality rather than gliding over it or turning a blind eye just to uphold an "image" or "be nice").

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
@Miss Ice
I'll write you a PM, because I really believe that we shouldn't have this kind of discussion in Yuna's fan thread.
I was probably very wrong to write about social media bots in Yuna's fan thread in the beginning, I only thought that it was interesting to to Yuna fans to know about them, because I thought it to be interesting.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
@Miss Ice
I'll write you a PM, because I really believe that we shouldn't have this kind of discussion in Yuna's fan thread.
I was probably very wrong to write about social media bots in Yuna's fan thread in the beginning, I only thought that it was interesting to to Yuna fans to know about them, because I thought it to be interesting.

Yuna fans know about being called "Yuna fans" and usually they are called that way because people don't like to stare the truth in the face. Also, the conversation about this was pretty much over by the time I posted some sweet videos of Yuna (no need to act all paternalistic by dragging on the topic through PMs).

Relevantly, one of my favorites of hers ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGD3k-7NnfM

Long live the Queen :love:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Yuna fans know about being called "Yuna fans" and usually they are called that way because people don't like to stare the truth in the face. Also, the conversation about this was pretty much over by the time I posted some sweet videos of Yuna (no need to act all paternalistic by dragging on the topic through PMs).

Relevantly, one of my favorites of hers ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGD3k-7NnfM

Long live the Queen :love:
I'll try to explain this one last time: I wrote about social media bots, computer algorithms, not actual real Yuna fans! I used "Yuna fans" with a question mark - this was meant to be a little sarcastic. Really, it's not good to hear a word in a certain context and go to attack mode immediatly!
And I think it's really weird that some users here attack me in the fan thread and are not willing to have this discussion in private messages and always go back to Yuna's fan thread.
I guess some users just don't want to have me posting in this thread. But I'm also a Yuna Kim fan, even if I'm not from South Korea.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Here... have some Yuna happy jelly beans :popcorn:

A red one, a blue one, and a black grape one...does it trick :)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^I also like grape flavored candy:biggrin::p:laugh:
recommend 2 fan made Adios video here. Recently came across and watched these 2.
this is a masterful mix from Sassy again used all available Adios clips(this edit focus on Yuna's facial expression that is available from all existing Adios clips, from which we can detect some extra artistic intention beyond the cam angle from Sochi).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whLAnnq5bPA
This one must be very emotional to Koreans. The music is from k-drama 明成皇后/명성황후/Empress Myeongseong
https://vimeo.com/93241160
I did not watched this K-drama in full(just a couple of music video edit). but I know the story of the last Queen of Korea.
Surprisingly Yuna's performance in Adios fit this music so well, I was so touched while watching it...
I recall that during Sochi, there is one fanmade Adios video that used Korean music, either it is from Empress Myeongseong or Arilang. it was on Tumblr, I was very touched at the time(unfortunately, I didnot save). maybe it is this one.
Fans may need to start saving Yuna's videos now, since it seems Yuna's programs may not be available online forever.

Last edited:

blargmonster

Rinkside
https://youtu.be/f-yYkXX2L4Y?t=388

hate to bring this up, but the way the male coach is saying its over its over and her almost crying is so sad...I feel like that whole event, her having to wait for a long time to start her FS, her feeling something was up after the short and having that fractured leg, the pressure...it's crazy she was able to skate clean...I feel like she deserved so much better and that judging scandal was such a slap in the face, especially to her farewell...its so frustrating that nothing ultimately came up from the scandal and the judging system seems to be getting even crazier

Franklin99

Medalist

hate to bring this up, but the way the male coach is saying its over its over and her almost crying is so sad...I feel like that whole event, her having to wait for a long time to start her FS, her feeling something was up after the short and having that fractured leg, the pressure...it's crazy she was able to skate clean...I feel like she deserved so much better and that judging scandal was such a slap in the face, especially to her farewell...its so frustrating that nothing ultimately came up from the scandal and the judging system seems to be getting even crazier

Ugh, Scott Hamilton already trying to justify her possible lower scores (before the scores were revealed) :hslap:, and then the lady commentator effectively shutting his excuses down was :agree:

yyyskate

Record Breaker

That is indeed utterly sad. but since more than 50 percent of the figure skating power get involved in making this scandal to happen. Russia obviously is one of them. To expect a real reform is unrealistic... it was utterly sad. At the time, we saw the angry/upheaval all over the world, even Google changed code for Yuna...we thought maybe some reform may happen, maybe a seed of hope being sowed. But figure skating is an old men's club sports and it has been like that forever and people only cares about it once in 4 years... Figure skating is a just a game and show.
I just felt fortunate that Yuna left her Adios and SITC performance for us fans and this world.
We fans feels that she deserved so much better.
But if you look at it at hindsight, outside those bunch of clowns in Sochi, rise above, from another aspect. Yuna indeed got the love she deserve from everywhere.
TSL's recent US national recap with Christine Brennan. it mentioned Sochi scandal and really nice video worthing watch.
Yuna fans and journalist, just need to keep details record/document/data of Sochi scandal, including everything. Someday in the future, the truth may come out.
also, tens years from today, people will still use Yuna's textbook technique to learn figure skating, and no one is gonna learn from this so-called technically stronger OG champion, even if her country man figure skating authority changed all the rules to cover up the scandal for her and save their face(like it is happening right now). A true lutz is a true lutz. And sloppy technique is sloppy technique.

Last edited:

RABID

Final Flight
Ugh, Scott Hamilton already trying to justify her possible lower scores (before the scores were revealed) :hslap:, and then the lady commentator effectively shutting his excuses down was :agree:

To be fair both Sandra and Scott have always trumpeted her preeminence. They have never been shy about proclaiming her a "generational" skater. I think the conflict here however is that there is Yuna's skate and then there is the integrity of the judging which if called into question damages the sport, the Olympics and NBC itself. These two both know that so they're not going to shout it from the rooftops proclaiming "The judges are corrupt!!!". They both know they are expected to tread lightly here and If you noticed, ALL the different broadcasters stopped short of that kind of proclamation and the furthest any of them went was to infer that the win was controversial. Both were expected to explain how the "winner"/Adelina won; as in the story is about who won. And from that perspective it's explained how the the "loser"/Yuna lost. Reporting on the questionable judging is and was left up to others not intimately involved with the broadcasting of the games. :eek:hwell:

Last edited:

begin

Medalist
To be fair both Sandra and Scott have always trumpeted her preeminence. They have never been shy about proclaiming her a "generational" skater. I think the conflict here however is that there is Yuna's skate and then there is the integrity of the judging which if called into question damages the sport, the Olympics and NBC itself. These two both know that so they're not going to shout it from the rooftops proclaiming "The judges are corrupt!!!". They both know they are expected to tread lightly here and If you noticed, ALL the different broadcasters stopped short of that kind of proclamation and the furthest any of them went was to infer that the win was controversial. Both were expected to explain how the "winner"/Adelina won; as in the story is about who won. And from that perspective it's explained how the the "loser"/Yuna lost. Reporting on the questionable judging is and was left up to others not intimately involved with the broadcasting of the games. :eek:hwell:

I agree, but it just goes to show how literally everybody in the skating world is at the mercy of the judges. The lack of accountability in this system is absurd.

If only the sport were more mainstream and popular. Then I doubt we would have to deal with this anonymous judging nonsense :(