Yuna Kim | Page 208 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

ava

On the Ice
To be fair both Sandra and Scott have always trumpeted her preeminence. They have never been shy about proclaiming her a "generational" skater. I think the conflict here however is that there is Yuna's skate and then there is the integrity of the judging which if called into question damages the sport, the Olympics and NBC itself. These two both know that so they're not going to shout it from the rooftops proclaiming "The judges are corrupt!!!". They both know they are expected to tread lightly here and If you noticed, ALL the different broadcasters stopped short of that kind of proclamation and the furthest any of them went was to infer that the win was controversial. Both were expected to explain how the "winner"/Adelina won; as in the story is about who won. And from that perspective it's explained how the the "loser"/Yuna lost. Reporting on the questionable judging is and was left up to others not intimately involved with the broadcasting of the games. :eek:hwell:

Italian commentary though was very vocal :clap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIJUSAyRUgU

Last edited:

Imagine

Medalist
Random Yuna sighting in a video explaining the yellow line in football (a sport I do not watch, but I actually find this technology to be quite impressive). It's interesting that they chose figure skating as the sport representing the Olympics for this video.

yyyskate

Record Breaker

this is too cute, I can see that they got many ideas from Yuna's moves and facial expressions. including her "infamous" wobbly spiral:laugh:;)
And that air position should be awarded at least +3 GOE.
which reminds me of something very very funny said by Kurt Browning during CBC's broadcast of Boyang Jin's performance last year (possibly junior worlds) "... he can took a selfie in the air..." LMAO. Did Kakao talk Neo get inspiration from there?

@Imagine Yuna's 007 image is possibly the most recognizable image of figure skating even to this day. and it has been shown over and over again. from this video to local skates venders. Yuna's 007 image is always the one that has been chosen to represent this sport and gather attention etc.

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
She's wearing the piano concerto dress again :love: One of my favorite dress from her. I wonder if she will be at Lillehammer, I want to take a trip there if I can meet her :p

MizukiS

Rinkside
Nice video of Yuna giving advice to younger skaters. They're so lucky!

She emphasize speed which is one of the things I really enjoy with her skating. It just amazes me.

R

rafapab

I agree, but it just goes to show how literally everybody in the skating world is at the mercy of the judges. The lack of accountability in this system is absurd.

If only the sport were more mainstream and popular. Then I doubt we would have to deal with this anonymous judging nonsense :(

The Skating is not the only sport at the mercy of the judges.
You say : more mainstream and popular ? Take the soccer .Is the best popular in the world. And it is similar with the referee.
The team which plays at home is favored (as in the skating) And all the countries are similar.

Even South Korea stole three matches (against Italy , Portugal and Spain) to go to semi-final of the world cup 2002 at home? It was a very big scandal in the world.

I am sad for Yuna but you should not say that it is just the skating or the just Russia, everybody makes the same thing and the South Koreans also.

The dream it is Yuna makes his return in 2018 and wins the golden medal.
In the first place because it is a big champion and deserve the second golden medal and at the house, it will be easier.

begin

Medalist
The Skating is not the only sport at the mercy of the judges.
You say : more mainstream and popular ? Take the soccer .Is the best popular in the world. And it is similar with the referee.
The team which plays at home is favored (as in the skating) And all the countries are similar.

Even South Korea stole three matches (against Italy , Portugal and Spain) to go to semi-final of the world cup 2002 at home? It was a very big scandal in the world.

I am sad for Yuna but you should not say that it is just the skating or the just Russia, everybody makes the same thing and the South Koreans also.

In the first place because it is a big champion and deserve the second golden medal and at the house, it will be easier.

You are making accusations that don't belong in this thread. I didn't say anything about the Russians and I'm sure people will disagree with you about 2002.

No single country or sport is the only one guilty of corruption. However it's much more common in sports that aren't as heavily watched and therefore aren't scrutinized. We have plenty examples of cheating in popular sports but at least most of those controversies are addressed. Figure skating just doesn't have enough outsiders to pressure the people in charge to be honest.

skaterr

On the Ice

Don’t bring other sports in here. What’s to do with soccer? Soccer does not wholly dependent on Judges’ decision. It’s completely different sports.

Let me remind you of one thing. Yuna already had retired. She won’t return to Figure skating. Why Yuna should do 6 clean programs and get two Gold medals? It’s so unfair to Yuna.

Also many figure skating fans around world deserves to see New young star not fake money decided queen.