Page 21 of 202 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    *After a competition--at the gala--Yuna spots Mao*

Yuna: Mao-chan~!!

Mao: Yuna-yaaa~~!!

Tripping on the Podium
    One more thing on the Korean/Japanese forms of addressing people: the Korean equivalent of the Japanese honorific "-san" is "-ssi." People in professional relationships as opposed to personal ones would use this. The difference in feeling between "Yu-Na-ssi..." and "Yu-Na-yah..." is quite significant, like the difference between "Excuse me, Ms. Yu-Na" and "Hey, Yu-Na, wazzup?"

Tripping on the Podium alfoalfo's Avatar
    can somebody who knows Chinese please confirm the following!!!

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2010-03-...04885651.shtml

this is what i got from Google Translate-

"Two days ago, the Vancouver Winter Olympics gold medal final round of dreams slip and his wife spent Shen Xue / Zhao Hongbo, revealed in his blog" After the Winter Olympics era "of the plan: hold-Star Invitational, in order to offer fans of the world's most beautiful ice-flowers slide show! And even more blood boiling is that Shen told the reporter yesterday that they will be "Shen Xue / Zhao Hongbo Flower Slip-Star Invitational" on behalf of children to invite Kim Ya-Na, Mao Asada, Plushenko and other flower-slip star landed in August this year, Beijing Capital Stadium first performance.
    oh em gee...!

Quote Originally Posted by tommyk75 View Post
    One more thing on the Korean/Japanese forms of addressing people: the Korean equivalent of the Japanese honorific "-san" is "-ssi." People in professional relationships as opposed to personal ones would use this. The difference in feeling between "Yu-Na-ssi..." and "Yu-Na-yah..." is quite significant, like the difference between "Excuse me, Ms. Yu-Na" and "Hey, Yu-Na, wazzup?"
    Except Yuna's an athlete, so they call her Yuna-sun-soo. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by alfoalfo View Post
    my theory is, if you take a sticker photo with someone, you're definitely friends :D
    one can take photos with anybody, but one cant take sticker photos with just anybody.
    and these two have taken sticker photos together haha

if Yuna calls Mao, Mao-Chan..
    then Mao can call Yuna, Yuna-ya~~~~~~~~~ right?
    Yes. Definitely.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    ]

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post487486

This post has a complete translation from Chinese about the Shen/Zhao show, where Yuna is invited.

News from Sportsseoul

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news2/spo...094813737.html

Brian Orser will be the main coach of Kwak Min-jung after the worlds.
    She will go back to Korea to take mid-term after worlds in march and come back to Toronto to train with team-yuna.
    I'm not sure how reliable this source is, but hope this is true.
    Last edited by ryoko; 03-18-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoko View Post

She will go back to Korea to take mid-term after worlds in march and come back to Toronto to train with team-yuna.
    YAYY ! She'll be a star in no time. Gosh though, I'm going to start confusing her and Christina Gao, now that they'll be training together they'll probably become friends and they look so much alike (super skinny lol). This makes me really happy though, Kwak is so cute and with more speed I think she could really be very good. Hope she rocks it at Worlds!

Orser to be named honorary citizen of Seoul

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...181_62626.html

"We recognize Orser's contribution in winter sports and decided to name him as an honorary Seoul citizen," a city official said.

The city will present the honor to the Canadian when he visits Korea for the show "Festa on Ice 2010" from April 16 to 18.

The benefits of honorary citizenship in Seoul include VIP invitation to special city events and free entrance to city-affiliated institutions such as the Seoul Museum of Art.
    Established in 1958, Seoul City has honored 607 expatriates from 90 countries who have provided distinguished services to the city or set a positive example for Seoulites.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Orser to be named honorary citizen of Seoul

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...181_62626.html
    Congrats Brian!!

Quote Originally Posted by alfoalfo View Post
    my theory is, if you take a sticker photo with someone, you're definitely friends :D
    one can take photos with anybody, but one cant take sticker photos with just anybody.
    and these two have taken sticker photos together haha
    LMAO agreed great analogy XD

Watch. Soon he'll be the Head coach for the entire Korean Figure Skating Delegation.

Watch this! (38 sec.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xcr8zLSmlM

Extract from documentary- I guess Kwak's coach was trying to get her say something about the practice that day

Coach: min-jung, any word for today's practice? (word for today's determination, rather- but sounds odd when translated literally)
    Kwak: what?
    Coach: don't come close! your face will look huge.
    Kwak: (laughs)
    Coach: come on! About how well you skated today. I hope you'll be able to show everything.
    Kwak: today? (thinks) ... as well as Yu-na unni (laughs)
    Coach: (laughs) You wish! Go and do the three jumps (may be she meant triple?)

How do you beat that cuteness!
    I think she should be given a gold medal for the cutest reaction at K&C zone at the olympics-
    I watched a documentary of Kwak and she had pictures of Yu-na all over the room.
    I bet Yu-na would be the greatest inspiration to Kwak as they train together under Orser.
    Last edited by ryoko; 03-19-2010 at 12:33 PM.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Watch. Soon he'll be the Head coach for the entire Korean Figure Skating Delegation.
    Just curious, are there other examples of a figure skating coach taking on another country's skaters? Obviously we have plenty of people going to other countries to get coaching, but I wonder if there's any examples of a "foreign" coach building up a program of another country?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xcr8zLSmlM

Extract from documentary- I guess Kwak's coach was trying to get her say something about the practice that day

Coach: min-jung, any word for today's practice? (word for today's determination, rather- but sounds odd when translated literally)
    Kwak: what?
    Coach: don't come close! your face will look huge.
    Kwak: (laughs)
    Coach: come on! About how well you skated today. I hope you'll be able to show everything.
    Kwak: today? (thinks) ... as well as Yu-na unni (laughs)
    Coach: (laughs) You wish! Go and do the three jumps (may be she meant triple?)

How do you beat that cuteness!
    I think she should be given a gold medal for the cutest reaction at K&C zone at the olympics-
    I watched a documentary of Kwak and she had pictures of Yu-na all over the room.
    I bet Yu-na would be the greatest inspiration to Kwak as they train together under Orser.
    I'm just falling in love with this tiny sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Just curious, are there other examples of a figure skating coach taking on another country's skaters? Obviously we have plenty of people going to other countries to get coaching, but I wonder if there's any examples of a "foreign" coach building up a program of another country?
    I think Steuer is an example. He is not popular with the German federation, still having his coaching center in Kemnitz. He is coaching pairs from Schweiz(Morand/Dorsaz) and Ukrane(Volosozhar/Morosov), and I think more are coming. Was this what you meant?

Page 21 of 202 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 121 ... LastLast