Yuna Kim | Page 232 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
The author made analyzing video for Yuna with subtitles and text to explain details and in the end he gave his score (He is very conservative,but still cannot hide his love of Yuna's last dance) .
I will link the link here, even without understanding Chinese it is really a treat to watch this video, with Yuna's dance and the author's love when he is editing this.
I hope you can watch this video.
it will take me sometime to translate.
but really watching Yuna's last dance just felt so good (and here there is no scores, no k&c, no scandal) just purely Yuna's final dance.
http://www.miaopai.com/show/cSQcF-yyU2CojPKaY1OKmw__.htm
EDIT:some perspective, the fan strongly think that Yuna's stsq is technically very diffcult, if there is a lv5, she will be the one deserve it with a very deserving + 3 GOE, however when he scores, he still used Judges level setting (he is also conservative in terms of giving GOEs). In terms of PCS, according to this fan, Yuna's PCS is the highest of the whole night and she is higher or equal to Caro and Mao in all PCS category (and he backed up his opinion with detailed analysis).
I will not translate other skaters' tech analysis by this fan, but if you can read Chinese, you may wanna read theirs. so that you may have more perspective. Further appreciate how special Yuna's last dance is.

AAAAaaaa... how can i miss this!! French Rabbit finally delivered as promised me years ago via PM!!!! (I kind of give up on him/her because it took so long) Thank you! I miss you so much Yuna!!!!!! :sad4: Look like the real fans of the sport does too!! :love: I must admit, my heart swells when I see young skaters from all over picking up the bits and pieces from her style to make it as part of their own skating repertoire/journey.

French rabbit is a really well respected long term watcher of the sport. A fan of figure skating in general, more than a fan of Yuna, and in fact he is a big fan of Lu Chen.

....Just finished watching... oh my heart swells with sad tears, happy tears all over again!!! :sad21: Hands up if you feel the same. Perfect for Adios Nonino feeling no??!!

So many things to express, so many complex feeling, so much to appreciate... and gratitude.

...what a special SPECIAL skater and final unforgettable performance. The unique uncompromising spectacular original Yuna Kim. The courageous lonely resplendent Yuna Kim. Silence the impossible deafening hostile atmosphere FOREVER with her sincere and thoughtfully realised final performance that says so much about her pure intentions, modest and humble character, and entrenched philosophical approach to life & figure skating. Not one to compromise, taking advantage for the rules, avoid taking risks, pleading for populist sentiment, looking for an easy win, but about expressing truth, personal challenge, uncompromising conviction advancing towards sporting and artistic fulfillment beyond the status quo. Brave, courageous and bold. Tough, tenacious, fully committed, mixed with incredible vulnerability, fragility and delicacy given her physical injuries at the time with so much personal reputation and national burden at stake. Caress harshness with gracious gentleness that is Yuna Kim.

Something I personally witnessed but kept quiet at Zagreb (but obviously very concerned), was observing her training guy having to get ice 'quietly' at the hotel bar every morning and every night with her deteriorating state day by day while 'competing' in a B event to 'qualify' for the Olympics. I remember huge uncertainty looming at the time with her injuries (severity later confirmed), and wondered if she would even make it to the Olympics. She was heroic beyond believe... truly... and even more impressively was her generous benevolence in how she accept the result without fuss. Behind all that brave nonchalant attitude, I can only imagine the amount of blood, sweat and tears, and personal sacrifice/emotional conflict she had to overcome to give her country a chance and prove something to herself. So glad she is getting proper recognition from the country, and in all the young skaters after her. Korea is incredibly lucky to have her. A figure skating world treasure...and well beyond that.

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
Can't wait for Pyeongchang. Though it will be predictable if she's the one who will light the Olympic cauldron. Any chance for her to surprise us? Like an opening performance, skating to Arirang. Who knows.

lappo

Final Flight
Can't wait for Pyeongchang. Though it will be predictable if she's the one who will light the Olympic cauldron. Any chance for her to surprise us? Like an opening performance, skating to Arirang. Who knows.

Yuna skating to Arirang at the opening is also in the top 3 of my wishlist heading to the 2108 Olympics! :love: I really hope she makes this come true... surely she will play a big role in the whole thing, as she has done in the bidding.

skaterr

On the Ice
There are tons of people who are jealous of her success inside and outside of Korea. Actually her fans in Korea are not surprised at all. We were actually suspicious of the ministry. KSU belongs to that ministry. We all had witnessed how KSU had done when Yuna got robbed in Sochi( I’m not meaning to brought up all those things done. sorry). Anyways some mean people(choi family) tried to use Yuna’s reputations to have some profits. We all know how smart she had been throughout her career. Her parents are quite famous for their wisdom.

Today Yuna officially responded to this scandal. She didn't think she suffered disadvantages as the report said. I think Yuna doesn't want this rumor spread because 2018 Olympics is only one year away. It's a relieve that Choi familly is going to Jail soon. Pyeongchang Olympics is safe now.

begin

Medalist

skaterr

On the Ice
There was some kind of event where Yuna was standing next to to president Park Geun-hye who touched Yuna's hand in a bizarre way. See the first half minute of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_uP-kt5nd4

I don't know what was going on, I wish I could understand some Korean :confused:

The former sports vice minister Kim Chong is accused of assisting Choi Soon-sil, President Park Geun-hye‘s friend, in getting local conglomerates to support projects of Choi or her close associates. There were some conflicts between Swimmer Park and Kim Chong. Park recorded the conversations with Kim Chong in the process of their disputes. Kim Chong happened to say something about Yuna in this recording. He mentioned he didn’t like her at all You(Swimmer Park) should not say it though.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
There was some kind of event where Yuna was standing next to to president Park Geun-hye who touched Yuna's hand in a bizarre way. See the first half minute of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_uP-kt5nd4

I don't know what was going on, I wish I could understand some Korean :confused:

That was the video I thought of too when I heard the news, PGH was trying to hold her hand and Yuna was having none of that. I heard young people really don't like Park Geun Hye and most voted for Moon Jae-in during the election so I thought it was just general dislike. I didn't know it was actually so serious.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Oh boy kdramara.... it read like some pulp fiction dirty korea politics, madness!!

It is a wonder Yuna somehow still got the hero award just by her excellence alone (plus public support that overwhelms any manipulation, very awful insights to KOC). I think people read too much into that hand thing... but hey... what do i know.

Last edited:

skaterr

On the Ice
Oh boy kdramara.... it read like some pulp fiction dirty korea politics, madness!!

It is a wonder Yuna somehow still got the hero award just by her excellence alone (plus public support that overwhelms any manipulation, very very awful insights to KOC). I think people read too much into that hand thing... but hey... what do i know.

Yess indeed… Some netizens are expecting this event could be made into Epic drama like Game of thrones. They are also guessing some Korean directors must be very busy doing some research to produce their movies based on the reality.

And I totally agree that some people are so into that hand thing. That source is from Channel A infamous for broadcasting anti Yuna stuffs. That kind of nonsense is just a smoke screen.