Yuna Kim | Page 251 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

lanark

On the Ice
Simple yet beautiful video dedicated to Yuna from Olympics twitter, I'm actually emotional, what a career and what a person :sad4: https://twitter.com/Olympics/status/904983549886988288

:luv17: I miss her skating so much!
I'm glad we will get to see her a little more next year.
I think she should show up in several occasions, like the opening, the ladies medal ceremony (how epic it would be, to get a medal from Yuna???? Although she usually gives the flowers, which makes me wonder why can't she give the medals??? :confused:), perhaps even the Gala events(and if I can dream, she could skate a little maybe????? :luv17: )

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Chinese fan made Birthday montage for Yuna Queen!
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av14177573/#page=1
From Chinese fan with LOVE

Every cut with LOVE

That is such a heartwarming and thoughtful montage. Beautifully expressed from the Chinese fans community.

Titled 'Light Chaser', named after the song?

I'd like to go a step further. Lights tends to follows her. From even just set up that opening pose to her Giselle, she effortlessly commands your attention before the music even starts. Fluidity, Silk, Steel, Pure, Visceral, Tenderness, Fierce, Delicate, Gutsy and Gentle soul... perfectly contradictory yet complimentary, my fav Prima on ice!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
That is such a heartwarming and thoughtful montage. Beautifully expressed from the Chinese fans community.

Titled 'Light Chaser', named after the song?

I'd like to go a step further. Lights tends to follows her. From even just set up that opening pose to her Giselle, she effortlessly commands your attention before the music even starts. Fluidity, Silk, Steel, Pure, Visceral, Tenderness, Fierce, Delicate, Gutsy and Gentle soul... perfectly contradictory yet complimentary, my fav Prima on ice!
yes, it is named after the song.
I think this video is from a fan's perspective, Yuna is the light, our fans are the light chaser. It seems that the whole montage is created around this idea, also the lyric hints that too.
Chinese Yuna fan club members very often refer Yuna as "light", I guess, light bring warmth, inspiration, courage and horizon etc. Chinese yuna fans must has felt that from Yuna. Yuna has the existence like "light". Also this fan mentioned that Yuna inspired him/her in his/her most difficult time.

personally, I was really moved by this particular montage by this fan. I believe this Chinese fan is a really devoted, long-term Yuna fan, just like I am. I instantly understand the meaning, choice and purpose of every cut from this montage, without event communicate with him/her.
Every cut of this video is filled with love and understanding.
It is the first attempt of video editing from this fan, maybe it is not quite professional as other Yuna fan-edit, but it is filled with LOVE.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
yes, it is named after the song.
I think this video is from a fan's perspective, Yuna is the light, our fans are the light chaser. It seems that the whole montage is created around this idea, also the lyric hints that too.
Chinese Yuna fan club members very often refer Yuna as "light", I guess, light bring warmth, inspiration, courage and horizon etc. Chinese yuna fans must has felt that from Yuna. Yuna has the existence like "light". Also this fan mentioned that Yuna inspired him/her in his/her most difficult time.

personally, I was really moved by this particular montage by this fan. I believe this Chinese fan is a really devoted, long-term Yuna fan, just like I am. I instantly understand the meaning, choice and purpose of every cut from this montage, without event communicate with him/her.
Every cut of this video is filled with love and understanding.
It is the first attempt of video editing from this fan, maybe it is not quite professional as other Yuna fan-edit, but it is filled with LOVE.

I love this perspective. This is so touching...and you are absoluetely right once I listen to the lyrics more carefully. I don't keep up with the Chinese music scenes, so this is the first time I have heard this song. It is so beautifully understated and layered in meaning. It is nice to see how fans from foreign lands are responding to her. Arts has no boarder and figure skating is a universal language. I thought it was beautifully edited and rather professional for a first edit. Yuna fans are clearly musical, artistically sensitive and choreographically astute as well :) Especially with the opening montage and how it set up everything rather cinematically. I can only imagine the thoughts behind them. My congrats to the Chinese fan and Yuna.

The opening lyrics goes something like this:

If it is said.
You are the firework that lit up the sea, then I am the bubble foam from the rippling of the sea.
At some point, your brightness enraptures me.

If it said.
You are the far away bright star galaxy, whose luminous radiance made people weep.
I am to chase after the gaze of your eyes, comforted when alone glancing up the night sky.

I will follow behind you, like the shadow chasing a dream of light.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I love this perspective. This is so touching...and you are absoluetely right once I listen to the lyrics more carefully. I don't keep up with the Chinese music scenes, so this is the first time I have heard this song. It is so beautifully understated and layered in meaning. It is nice to see how fans from foreign lands are responding to her. Arts has no boarder and figure skating is a universal language. I thought it was beautifully edited and rather professional for a first edit. Yuna fans are clearly musical, artistically sensitive and choreographically astute as well :) Especially with the opening montage and how it set up everything rather cinematically. I can only imagine the thoughts behind them. My congrats to the Chinese fan and Yuna.

The opening lyrics goes something like this:

If it is said.
You are the firework that lit up the sea, then I am the bubblefoam from the rippling of the sea.
At some point, your brightness enrapture me.

If it said.
You are the far away bright star galaxy, who's luminous radiance made people weep.
I am to chase after the gaze of your eyes, comforted when alone glancing up the night sky.

I will follow behind you, like the shadow chasing a dream of light.

Thank OS so much for your beautiful translation of the lyric of this song! This is also my first time listen to this song. I like the melody and think the lyric suited this video really well.
OS if you have some spare time, would you mind to translate the entire song's lyric so that the Chinese fan may be able to sub the video with you translation.
I actually had thought about to translate the lyric, but my English wont do justice to this beautiful video.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Thank OS so much for your beautiful translation of the lyric of this song! This is also my first time listen to this song. I like the melody and think the lyric suited this video really well.
OS if you have some spare time, would you mind to translate the entire song's lyric so that the Chinese fan may be able to sub the video with you translation.
I actually had thought about to translate the lyric, but my English wont do justice to this beautiful video.

My English is pretty poor actually. You are much too kind, but I will try my best.
Please feel free to edit as you wish. Some phrases wouldn't work if directly translated, so I have simplified. I also imagined how the lyrics can be sang in English.

Light Chaser / Dreamer

If it is said.
You are the firework that lit up the sea, then I am the bubble foam from the rippling sea.
At some point, your brightness enraptures me.

If it is said.
You are the faraway star light, whose luminous radiance made people weep.

I wish to follow behind you, like the shadow chasing the dream of light.
Can I wait for you at the junction, whether you decide to pass through.

Every time I held my head up high for you, even my tears felt let free.
Some love is like the dawn of twilight,
Wishing to hold on, soon it passes and it's gone.

If it is said.
You are like the firefly in the summer night, where children have sung for you.
Then I wish a portrayal of your hands.

Look at me, such a trifling inconsequential me,
because of you, I have dreams to make true.

Even if you would have never standstill for me, let me stand behind supporting you.

Chorus: I wish to follow you, like the shadow chase a dream of light.
Can I wait for you at the junction, whether you decide to pass through.

Every time I held my head high for you, even my tears felt let free,
Some love is like the pouring of rain falls,
still adoringly, believes in rainbows...

Repeat Chorus

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Oh yes, this was very touching :sad21:

I love it so much, because it is so simple. Particularly contrasting with this clip like a sequel, anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJXMEHbLdY

2 Olympics later. Accomplished, poignant, nostalgic, somber, sweet bitterness (for me), contemplative with hope, effortless though subdued bringing Olympic ice to Korea. Pretty much sums up Adios well.

breadstal

Record Breaker
A quote from Brian Orser's 'Yuzuru's Media Day' interview, interesting to read. Her flip was such a stunner, almost as lutz (and personally I always enjoyed her 3F-3T more than 3Lz-3T) and that damned Loop :dev2: cr: https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/165164014274/brian-orser-interview-at-yh-2017-18-media-day

"For example, with Yuna Kim. She had always hated training the 3Lo. But after we put the 3Lo into the program, her problems with the Flip disappeared. Although it was her second weakest jump following the Loop. This is one strategy––when you are working on something difficult, things that are somewhat simpler become more easily doable. Because she did the Loop, she found everything else easier. Do you see what I mean? That is, this is the period where every one of our skaters are taking on their own respective challenges."

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist

Kara

Final Flight
JFC MY WIG IS SNATCHED. Goddess.:drama::dbana: The fashion sense, her makeup, everything AHHHH.

Yuna's Nessa Dorma is still my favorite Turandot even after the Turandot overload this season. The way she hits those musical points especially in the beginning is like no other unlike some other routines where they are setting up for their first jump. Ughh, I love her.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
JFC MY WIG IS SNATCHED. Goddess.:drama::dbana: The fashion sense, her makeup, everything AHHHH.

Yuna's Nessa Dorma is still my favorite Turandot even after the Turandot overload this season. The way she hits those musical points especially in the beginning is like no other unlike some other routines where they are setting up for their first jump. Ughh, I love her.

its not just the program itself, everything about it is gorgeous, Yuna, her dress, make up-hair, live orchestra, lighting, setting EVERYTHING! :love:

sarama

Medalist
I was listening to Kurt Browning on IceTalk and he praised the strict tech panel at Skate Canada, saying he hopes it's a new trend because the standard in ladies jump has been set too low (I'm paraphrasing he was more PC). He added that he misses Yuna, her clean jumping technique with beautiful flow in and out. I couldn't agree more with him