Yuna Kim | Page 253 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I love that she is absolutely EVERYWHERE for the next games, especially in Korea. Please let her light the flame at the opening, and present ALL the figure skating medals. Honestly, QUEEN YUNA is the ONLY acceptable option for all of this.

Who's Adelina? ;)

I would buy all the merch with Yuna in it. I can already hear my wallet complaining. ;)

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I feel the same. Yuna is unforgettable. Sometimes I don't watch her programs for a month or two (like especially now there is so much skating going on that I don't have the time), and then I go on YouTube and watch her videos for a few hours straight and I fall in love with her all over again.

Everytime I watch the new skaters, I go back to watching Yuna's programs (may it be comp or ex) and I still go "Yep, she's definitely THE Queen".
Like, I do appreciate all the talent of the current ladies but no one has the perfect mix of athleticism and artistry that Yuna had, at least to me. Her moves were so sharp while still displaying a high level of beauty and grace. She moved like she's creating music.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist

begin

Medalist
If Yagudin can do this after 15 years.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY9BO3kB6yI , I'm sure Yuna can pull off an exhibition after 3! I think it's a little strage that she is avoiding the ice so much.

This is a feeling I've had for a long time now but I think Yuna just doesn't want to deal with any expectations people may have of her skating. Honestly, training was never easy for her nor was it particularly enjoyable in her later years. We can't make any assumptions about Yuna's condition these days but she's probably not in peak shape (even judging by that Olympic video of her at Gangneung Ice Arena, her SS seemed...a bit worse off). And maybe she just wants people to remember her by her best years. Given all the attention and pressure she STILL faces to be 'perfect', I completely understand.