Yuna Kim | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

jian10

Rinkside
:laugh: at Yuna!!!!

Yuna’s charming expression about her mistakes

on April 6, 2010 2:08 PM

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/2935/capture1af.jpg

Seoul , Korea – After her mistakes in the short program of the World Figure Championships in Turin, the Korean star figure skater Yuna Kim posted a charming message on her personal home page.

She put up a picture of herself her with the caption “Want some cereal?” In the photo, she is holding a spoon of cereal and hasn’t yet removed her makeup for the short program.

She also commented below the photo, “After ruining the short program, I’m eating cereal at my hotel ^_^b,” showing her feelings humorously after her bad performance.

http://trends.korea.com/yuna’s-charming-expression-about-her-mistakes/

Actually the comment on the picture is, "After eating up (meaning ruining) my short program, I'm eating up cereal at my hotel." ;)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Thank you, cooper. :)

Personally, I find Yu-Na lovely and charming, so her graciousness comes as no surprise. I just like watching her skate, so I selfishly hope she continues, but I appreciate how much of a strain, and an endless continuous effort, eligible competition is. Whatever she decides, I am grateful for what she has given us. :love:

aurora100

Final Flight
While reading her letter it seems to me that Yuna is not retiring. Hehe. ;)

I have to agree with you there I noticed that too. Something is lost in this unofficial translation. But in Korean, I read her saying "I hope you will continue to watch me/support me, as I will work harder". Which made me think, like you, that she plans to continue on. The translation also doesn't make as clear, what she says in her note, that she admires/has been admiring Secretary Clinton, for being an accomplished woman politician. Something not seen much in Korea although it is becoming a bigger topic. I find it refreshing to see that Yuna is paying attention to things outside of figure skating. Just like Michelle LOL.

On a last note, I find it interesting, she calls herself at the beginning and end of the note as "a Souther Korean figure skater". I think most people would agree she is more than just "a South Korean figure skater".

And just to make those anti-Yuna people who call Yuna "Diana Kim" crazy. This note reminded me of Lady Diana. She was famous for always writing thank you notes each evening faithfully. And I am even going to say Yuna's Korean writing is similar to Lady Di's English writing. I am too lazy to post one of Lady Di's notes but she always had young woman's more casual way of writing, rather than more serious style of penmanship. Just the way Yuna is and she is famous for. I hear there is a computer font you can download of Yuna's writing. Come and get it anti-Yuna fans. LOL

Last edited:
I a;ways thought the "Diana Kim" thing was a complement. Princess Diana was personally charming and socially graceful, full of compassion for the unfortunate; she was the most popular and beloved lady in her country and admired around the world. Just like Yu-na. :biggrin:

Last edited:

aurora100

Final Flight
I a;ways thought the "Diana Kim" thing was a complement. Princess Diana was personally charming and socially graceful, full of compassion for the unfortunate, and the most populkar and beloved lady in her country. Just like Yu-na. :biggrin:

Not the way it was used on this Forum.

Wrlmy

Medalist
I a;ways thought the "Diana Kim" thing was a complement. Princess Diana was personally charming and socially graceful, full of compassion for the unfortunate; she was the most popular and beloved lady in her country and admired around the world. Just like Yu-na. :biggrin:

I thought "Diana Kim" was funny:laugh: But it gave me an unfortunate mental picture of princess D and chairman Mao competing in ladies figure skating ( I flinch every time I type Mao on google and Mao Zedong comes up first).

evangeline

Record Breaker
I thought "Diana Kim" was funny:laugh: But it gave me an unfortunate mental picture of princess D and chairman Mao competing in ladies figure skating ( I flinch every time I type Mao on google and Mao Zedong comes up first).

:laugh:

Actually, on another skating community I frequent, Mao is referred to "the Chairman" as frequently as Yu-Na is called "the Queen."

prettykeys

Medalist

Not the way it was used on this Forum.
Yeah...none of YuNa's fans call her "Diana". And the few times I heard the nickname thrown around here, it's usually in the context of saying something like "I hope Diana Kim bombs." :p

jian10

Rinkside

That sounds really funny. :D Sorry. I have to laugh.

sunny0760

On the Ice
I have to agree with you there I noticed that too. Something is lost in this unofficial translation. But in Korean, I read her saying "I hope you will continue to watch me/support me, as I will work harder". Which made me think, like you, that she plans to continue on.
I find it refreshing to see that Yuna is paying attention to things outside of figure skating.

I agree. The very nice thing is it seems that she doesn't have any physical problems now to continue to skate. (either competing or performing as a pro skater)
It's also good to see that she finds broader perspectives in life. She "will work harder.":love:

Robeye

Final Flight
Any idea why they call Mao " chairman"?

Mao Zedong, the founder of the People's Republic of China, held the title of Chairman of the Communist Party (and was ubiquitously referred to as "Chairman Mao"). I assume that Mao (Asada) is humorously nicknamed "the Chairman" in reference to the shared name. :)

Robeye

Final Flight
Mao Zedong, the founder of the People's Republic of China, held the title of Chairman of the Communist Party (and was ubiquitously referred to as "Chairman Mao"). I assume that Mao (Asada) is humorously nicknamed "the Chairman" in reference to the shared name. :)

That is, I'm assuming that people aren't thinking she resembles Frank Sinatra...:cool:

It won't open...

Well, that's annoying. This is from Time magazine. They must be protecting their archives against hotlinking. If I post he full url to copy and paste it will stretch out the screen too much.

It was a cute picture of some children roller skating around a statue of Mao Ze-dong in China. If you are curious about it, do a Google image search on "Mao Zedong skating" and it comes up on the first page. :)

ryoko

Rinkside
It seems to be inevitable that every Yuna thread has Mao's name brought up, and every Mao thread has Yuna's name broght up. That's just the way it is. Have you seen the "Mao's Potential Plans" thread--for a long while there, every post was about Yuna. And I actually don't see anything wrong with a poster coming to this thread saying something nice about Mao, just as there is nothing wrong about someone saying something nice about Yuna on a Mao thread. If you're only interested in reading about how wonderful Yuna is, maybe you should go to her forum only, and disregard all other forums.

No, I'm not expecting to read about how wonderful Yuna is, that is your assumption.
I expect to learn some news about Yuna in Yuna news forum.
You may see nothing wrong with posters praising mao-- I don't either. I am just amazed how certain posters never fail to belittle Yuna in the most creative ways.

chloepoco

Medalist
No, I'm not expecting to read about how wonderful Yuna is, that is your assumption.
I expect to learn some news about Yuna in Yuna news forum.
You may see nothing wrong with posters praising mao-- I don't either. I am just amazed how certain posters never fail to belittle Yuna in the most creative ways.

Well, this is part of what you said to someone in your original post "I am confused why you would keep coming to this thread sharing about mao so kindly."

As I said before, I see no problem with posters praising any skater, regardless of who the thread topic is about.