Yuna Kim | Page 271 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

perigee

Spectator
The Korean fs fandom is already freaking out about this :laugh2: . From what I understand most of them also believe Yuna will skate. But personally will not hold my breath about this tbh.

Watch her sing instead in this event:laugh:

Well given that skating is the reason why Yuna's famous, it's not surprising :) plus it doesn't help that the verb used to describe what she will be doing is quite ambiguous. The only thing it guarantees is that she will appear on the stage. Today other articles have been published saying that it hasn't been decided what form her appearance will take, so singing is not out of the question :biggrin: though I don't think it's what she will do. It sounds a bit like she decided this on the spur of the moment, but I honestly think the Korean domestic audience will be happy enough just to see her come out in a pretty dress and do her thing on the rink, whatever it turns out to be.

Kara

Final Flight
I'd take her singing too.:dance3: Question is how hard will it be to get tickets because I'm ready to lay down the money for the flight.

Izabela

On the Ice
It will gonna be the same with ATS 2014, if they keep teasing us this way. Plus the lineup is great. So you better check constantly when the tickets are available for sale. It will gonna be a bloodbath :laugh:

kimi492

Final Flight
TBH - I love Yuna so no shade, no pink lemonade - but would it kill her to do the bare minimum and do some easy choreo and glide around the rink for a minute or two?? I get she obviously doesn’t want to skate anymore - but she has to know that 95% of the Korean fans that are going to come to ATS are going because of her and the chance they will be able to watch her skate again. It seems kind of mean to her die hard Korean fans/false marketing to pretend to tease Yuna might skate and then fans pay good money only to watch her MC for a minute.

TBH - I love Yuna so no shade, no pink lemonade - but would it kill her to do the bare minimum and do some easy choreo and glide around the rink for a minute or two?? I get she obviously doesn’t want to skate anymore - but she has to know that 95% of the Korean fans that are going to come to ATS are going because of her and the chance they will be able to watch her skate again. It seems kind of mean to her die hard Korean fans/false marketing to pretend to tease Yuna might skate and then fans pay good money only to watch her MC for a minute.

The tickets haven't been announced yet. I'm sure they'll add a full description of what she is or isn't going to do on the website.

And I doubt she won't skate at all -- when I said MCing, I pretty much meant what you said. Just don't think she'll do an actual routine (even removing jumps, IDK how her skating is now). Maybe skate around introducing skaters, do a few moves, get in at the end when all the skaters do the final routine.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Hah.... some fans may pay just watch her drink pink lemonade on ice, and that should be good enough. (Hey great idea for a sponsor!)

People should still give her some space... she is obviously still having fun with her freedom and long break, she sure deserve it! (PC Olympic duties can be considered as work? Did she ever take on that long holiday?) It is a chicken and egg situation, how else are they going to support Korean figure skating?

I do love the all Canadian setup!! plus P/C whoo hooo.... :) Thought Osmond should have won the Gold, oh well...

Izabela

On the Ice
Besides fans feel just extra excited if she will skate. I don’t think they will be that disappointed if she didn’t perform. They just want to see her lol. I was just kidding when I say ATS is teasing us on Yuna (to sell tickets). Yuna doesn’t make false promises! haha. Pretty sure we will find out soon enough under what capacity this “special appearance” is.

skaterr

On the Ice

It is ture that Korean fans want to go ATS because of her, but they want to support Yuna no matter what happens. Yuna is not that needy financially to do false marketing. Even though Yuna open her show, it doesn’t mean she should participate in. The organizers must be recognized as important. I don’t understand why some fans do not value diversity in skating community.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I think just seeing Yuna will be enough for her fans - wish I could go to this show !!

perigee

Spectator
I don't think Yuna would jeopardise her good name just to promote ATS, and especially not when she has plenty of opportunities to promote other products ;) Here she is, promoting SK Telecom's new 5G network with the Korean men's skeleton 2018 OGM, Yun Sung-bin.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I don't think Yuna would jeopardise her good name just to promote ATS, and especially not when she has plenty of opportunities to promote other products ;) Here she is, promoting SK Telecom's new 5G network with the Korean men's skeleton 2018 OGM, Yun Sung-bin.

love this commercial, they look so comfortable and relaxed, and the way he calls her nuna is so cute :laugh: he might be a big guy and look scary with his ironman helmet (which looks sooo cool!) but looks like teddy bear irl :biggrin: and this is BTS video of that commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5rzuiyHhvU

perigee

Spectator
Yuna: If you think of 5G as skeleton racing, then what's the priority?
Sung-bin: Injury? ... :laugh: (he should have said 'not to get injured', but he went off-script :laugh:)

He does look very cute and gentle in the video. And it's so nice to see Yuna looking relaxed and having fun, I really love seeing this side of her ... :luv17:

Izabela

On the Ice
That’s the first time I saw the 5G commercial. Her facial expression is so meme worthy. So much for being the “Ice” Queen :laugh:

I am sure roller skating would be very easy for her, but in that photograph she looks like a novice and I can't help thinking she needs knee pads :biggrin:

But then again she doesn’t need them because she won’t fall ;) I kid, I kid.

Izabela

On the Ice
I’ve only seen this edited clean version of The Lark Ascending now...

https://youtu.be/Wue2Cg_dLcA

and I am crying. This is perhaps Yuna’s most beautiful long program. More than Les Miserables, more than Adios, more than her record breaking Gershwin, this is perhaps her most delicately chereographed program, and my most favorite. Along with HtK, I still can’t help but think if only she skated them clean. Could be her masterpieces, tbh.

Lark Ascending was her best program, but she suffered from two falls (and I think she was doing her best in 2007W, not everytime before that, she wasn't always able to get the timing right on some cues... and then in 2007 she couldn't get the timing right on her jumps). Les Mis was her most complete performance.