Yuna Kim | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

silverlake22

Record Breaker
let's post Mao News, Michelle Kwan News, Plushenko News... in the Yu-na news thread. Jeez, testy much?

I know, seriously, at least Yuna is still SKATING, unlike Michelle Kwan, who gets brought into EVERY thread despite not skating competitively for 5 YEARS. Could Michelle have beaten Yuna, is Michelle better than Yuna, blah, blah. That's all I'm saying.

^ :rock: :clap: So, what will the rides be? The Yu-na triple Lutz/triple toe 2160 degree whirling roller coaster? :yes:

Basics

On the Ice
^ :rock: :clap: So, what will the rides be? The Yu-na triple Lutz/triple toe 2160 degree whirling roller coaster? :yes:

:laugh: Too bad, it's just a small township park.

BTW, "Kim Yuna Park" is somewhat confusing, cuz I have many friends whose last name is also park. :biggrin:

Last edited:

alfoalfo

Rinkside
hi everyone :)

i think this article is talking about the so-called rumors regarding Orser coaching Mao:

http://news.khan.co.kr/kh_news/cp_art_view.html?artid=20100425104500A&code=980701

i google translated the whole article, and i gather he is saying that Yuna is and will be his no.1 priority and that he hasnt considered Mao or something.
there's also mention of IMG and how it was approached to him once and it wasnt processed (?)

apologies for the craptastic translations, im still learning Korean.
can our Korean friends here please translate the important bits, or the quotes directly from Orser?

eta, let's just ignore the trolls ;)

sunny0760

On the Ice

parma

On the Ice
It was announced earlier today that Yuna will be represented by All That Sports, Inc. effective as of May 1st, a new management firm founded by her mother, who will be the president of the firm. Yuna will also be participating as a major shareholder.

jian10

Rinkside
It was announced earlier today that Yuna will be represented by All That Sports, Inc. effective as of May 1st, a new management firm founded by her mother, who will be the president of the firm. Yuna will also be participating as a major shareholder.

Wow, that is a pretty big step. The question is how much do they know about the business? Or are they going to just sit on top pretty and let the management staff handle everything?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
what is teh poster campaign for? figure skating? I was a little confuzzled when I saw it earlier.

alfoalfo

Rinkside
Wow, that is a pretty big step. The question is how much do they know about the business? Or are they going to just sit on top pretty and let the management staff handle everything?

i read that a former IB sports employee who over saw everything on Yuna, left IB sports a few weeks or so before Yuna's contract was up.
this same person will also be a part of the new company. im sure they know enough to have taken this big step.

alfoalfo, are you learning Korean? Good for you!
About the article, you can refer to this post and the English article.
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ing-Yuna-and-Mao&p=499290&posted=1#post499290

I think this rumor is not a big deal!;)

yeah i've been learning for a few months now, but gosh its hard.
thanks for the link sunny0760 :)

cooper

Medalist
In other news...................IB Sports stock fell by 10.8% today at the news of Yuna's new agency. :think:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Sounds like a good choice that addresses the inconveniences for not being able to collaborate with IMG skaters. I hope that IB feels okay about not continuing the contract. IB still seems an important actor considering its relationship with Korean Skating Union.

cooper

Medalist
Sounds like a good choice that addresses the inconveniences for not being able to collaborate with IMG skaters. I hope that IB feels okay about not continuing the contract. IB still seems an important actor considering its relationship with Korean Skating Union.

Unfortunately IB seems pissed about this. I read an article today that they're considering a legal action against an executive who resigned from their company. Here's that article http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/04/26/2010042601156.html

I just hope Yuna can still work them.

From Korea Herald: http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/national/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20100426000653

And another article from USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2010-04-26-3773438372_x.htm

Last edited:

jian10

Rinkside
i read that a former IB sports employee who over saw everything on Yuna, left IB sports a few weeks or so before Yuna's contract was up.
this same person will also be a part of the new company. im sure they know enough to have taken this big step.

In other news...................IB Sports stock fell by 10.8% today at the news of Yuna's new agency.

No wonder IB is upset. They have to reach some sort of understanding before the next season IF Yu Na is going to stay competitive. Otherwise it could be a huge distraction for her.

Basics

On the Ice
No wonder IB is upset. They have to reach some sort of understanding before the next season IF Yu Na is going to stay competitive. Otherwise it could be a huge distraction for her.

Let's make things clear. IB Sports is upset with Gu who was a former IB Sports chief member now with AT Sports, not Yuna. So if they are going to file a lawsuit or anything, it will be against him, not Yuna. They publicly wished a best of luck to Yuna for her future and new agency. :cool: