Yuna Kim | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Re: Yu-Na news

When the "Yu-na Kim speaks in support of Haiti" thread came up, I was tempted to start a "Mao Asada speaks in support of the Dominican Republic" thread as a joke, but then I thought better, since that would have probably started another argument in addition to general disapproval by the moderators. :p

Anyhow, on to actual news.

I think Yu-na definitely wants to keep competing, but whether her heart will be aligned with her mind after months of not competing is a whole other story. Any updates that would enlighten the above statement would be definitely be appreciated!

Last edited:

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice

So you are telling me that we can only talk about Yuna and not anyone else related to her, Brian Orser, Kwak, etc. Or you are telling me that I can only talk about people who only brings up praise and compliments of Yuna. I am new in this forum and I am very overwhelmed by all these passionate and sometimes annoying Yuna fans. I just can not imagine what you guys are going to do if this thread hits 100,000 views. You are going to shoot up big fire work at " Yuna-news thread hitting 100,000viwers" party somewhere?

You can talk about other skaters too, but if involving other skaters to this thread causes a negative, destructive, time-wasting discussion then this kind of situation occurs (and we all know which skaters always brings this situation). If you really desperately want, you can talk about Mao but please don't use Mao to lead this thread to pointless discussion. Well, if you are a kind of user who enjoys people bashing each other for meaningless rivalry and comparison, I don't know what to say.

parma

On the Ice

Yuna flew back to Toronto today. At the brief press interview at the Inchon airport today, she said she is going back to the drawing board and to the rigorous training for competitive programs for the upcoming Worlds. She said one of her programs will be character-driven and the other will be more classical, as her programs were in the previous seasons. She will do a program to a tango music. She also said it is not likely for her to make significant changes to her jumps for the new programs. (although she might at least have to consider including a 3Lo) Finally, she implied that there might be another ice show before the worlds so that she can check her new programs in front of a live audience.

Last edited:

brownfox

On the Ice

Yuna flew back to Toronto today. At the brief press interview at the Inchon airport today, she said she is going back to the drawing board and to the rigorous training for competitive programs for the upcoming Worlds. She said one of her programs will be character-driven and the other will be more classical, as her programs were in the previous seasons. She will do a program to a tango music. She also said it is not likely for her to make significant changes to her jumps for the new programs. (although she might at least have to consider including a 3Lo) Finally, she implied that there might be another ice show before the worlds so that she can check her new programs in front of a live audience.

As I said I will expect her to show up in the next year's Worlds no matter what circumstances, except for life threatening situations. LOL.

And it will be interesting to see once she goes back to Toronto and sit down with Orser about the new rules.

Re: Yuna sings

What a lovely voice she has, and very nice phrasing. She's got that pop-princess gloss to her performance, yet with an underlying warmth.

chloepoco

Medalist
Re: Yuna sings

...at a Korean late night TV show called "Kim Jung-eun's Chocolate"

Yuna singing to Narsha's "I'm in love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_AJD-r3Ciw&feature=player_embedded

"Garden in the air" by Boa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMtovEcRAME&feature=player_embedded

"Riding the train" by IU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7sBgeFo0II&feature=player_embedded

I LOVE the first song! Yu-na's voice is little husky but still very pretty.

What an extremely talented young lady Yuna is!

alfoalfo

Rinkside

can somebody elaborate on the so-called "Yuna Kim Day" for the Korean-American community of LA??
is it just a once off thing or is it gonna be celebrated every year?

sunny0760

On the Ice

can somebody elaborate on the so-called "Yuna Kim Day" for the Korean-American community of LA??
is it just a once off thing or is it gonna be celebrated every year?

Maybe on August 7, every year according to this media : http://www.radiokorea.com/main/news/news_articles.asp?category=quick_news&seq=30129

the Resolution presented by Herb Wesson and seconded by Janice Hahn : http://web.mac.com/waltermoore/PDF/Yu-NaKimDay.pdf

... and someone has to be cynical:laugh: : http://waltermooresays.blogspot.com/2010/08/does-hallmark-sell-yu-na-kim-day-card.html#more

YunaBliss

On the Ice

haha, the resolution could have been drafted a lot better, but for the City of Angels to declare August 7 as "Yu-Na Kim Day" - that's just wow!!

Congratulations, Yuna!!

silverlake22

Record Breaker

So I'm wondering why Yuna's GP replacements haven't been announced yet, as she seemed to have announced that she won't be competing on this season's GP quite a few weeks ago. Other replacements have already been named, so I'm wondering if maybe Yuna has not officially withdrawn from her GPs yet, which may mean there's a chance she'll still compete at them :) ?

Basics

On the Ice

NOPE, it's not every year. (read your link again)

According to the link, they will celebrate each year. And, as far as I know, this is for the whole city of LA, not just for Korean-American community. what an honor to be her fan. lol

alfoalfo

Rinkside

So I'm wondering why Yuna's GP replacements haven't been announced yet, as she seemed to have announced that she won't be competing on this season's GP quite a few weeks ago. Other replacements have already been named, so I'm wondering if maybe Yuna has not officially withdrawn from her GPs yet, which may mean there's a chance she'll still compete at them :) ?

unless theyre still hoping for Yuna to change her mind :p
well, im silently hoping that Yuna will change her mind and show up to maybe just one event that she's assigned to.

parma

On the Ice

I hope the same too :) Now it is August and her second GP assignment is mid November, so technically there should be enough time for her to prepare her programs and show up for the event, or at least I hope so.

YunaBliss

On the Ice

According to the reports, Yuna will also receive an honorary citizenship from the L.A. mayor!!! It's incredible how the city of Hollywood is rolling out its red carpet for the queen of ice!!

parma

On the Ice

According to the reports, Yuna will also receive an honorary citizenship from the L.A. mayor!!! It's incredible how the city of Hollywood is rolling out its red carpet for the queen of ice!!

Hoolay!! Amazing!