Yuna Kim | Page 61 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

sunny0760

On the Ice
It was on Korean newspapers today that Yuna's fans at a Korean fan site chipped in money and donated for those suffering in the Pakistan flood disaster as a Yuna's birthday present. Yuna, a UNICEF international goodwill ambassador, earlier last month sent a twitter message to her following fans to raise awareness and urge them to help Pakistani children in disaster areas.

Sounds great! Happy birthday Yuna!!!

Minjung came to Korea today and her new coach is appointed. Her name is Chi Hyunjung.
According to ATS, "As Minjung suffered from the pain in her back, (we) thought that she had better prepare for GPs with medical treatment in Korea. We have considered her coming back to Korea since early August."

I hope she will feel better soon and will be great with her new coach.

brownfox

On the Ice
Sounds great! Happy birthday Yuna!!!

Minjung came to Korea today and her new coach is appointed. Her name is Chi Hyunjung.
According to ATS, "As Minjung suffered from the pain in her back, (we) thought that she had better prepare for GPs with medical treatment in Korea. We have considered her coming back to Korea since early August."

I hope she will feel better soon and will be great with her new coach.

I read an article late July about her injury. Get well soon and goodluck to her!

It was on Korean newspapers today that Yuna's fans at a Korean fan site chipped in money and donated for those suffering in the Pakistan flood disaster as a Yuna's birthday present. Yuna, a UNICEF international goodwill ambassador, earlier last month sent a twitter message to her following fans to raise awareness and urge them to help Pakistani children in disaster areas.

How lovely. Whatever the current coaching situation, the fact is that YuNa seems to be an admirable person, very strongly aware of her obligation (and her influence on fans) to do good in the world. Whenever I see a story like this, I'm proud to be a YuNa fan.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
me too^^ since the news spread that they have collected about $4500 so far (with lot of people donating KRW 22,856 Won in honor of her Olympics total score!), the donations have been increasing!!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
So it was announced today that Min-Jung has a new coach in Korea and had been considering going back to Korea since early August because of a back injury. Maybe her leaving Orser had nothing to do with the whole Yuna/Orser mess afterall.

sunny0760

On the Ice
So it was announced today that Min-Jung has a new coach in Korea and had been considering going back to Korea since early August because of a back injury. Maybe her leaving Orser had nothing to do with the whole Yuna/Orser mess afterall.

The ATS seems to be trying to say exactly what you said. Minjung and her management could have considered coming back to Korea even before the Yuna/Orser split was officially verified because of her injury... but they also said Minjung had been training with Orser a few days before the day when Orser and IMG announced the fire in the media. I safely guess that Minjung's injury had not been so serious until the day she could not help but stop training.

Many fans would think the relationship of Yuna and Orser greatly affected the Minjung's coaching situation.
But you should also consider;
1) Minjung and Orser worked together even after Yuna allegedly started to train alone or even after Yuna's mom allegedly informed that Orser was not Yuna's coach any more in early August.
2) Minjung's management had to look into Minjung's injury and search for the solution of the problem.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Yuna fans' donation fund to present to UNICEF on behalf of Yuna for Yuna's birthday stands at close to 13 million Korean Won now~ (with 6 hours to go until Yuna's birthday).

It's quite amazing how one girl can move so many people.

parma

On the Ice
Yuna fans' donation fund to present to UNICEF on behalf of Yuna for Yuna's birthday stands at close to 13 million Korean Won now~ (with 6 hours to go until Yuna's birthday).

That's more than US$10,000. Impressive.

breeze

Rinkside

Well, seems like UNICEF made a good decision appointing her a goodwill ambassador. :)
I hope the news make her a little happier with everything going on in her life.
Happy birthday, Yuna!

parma

On the Ice
I wish a happy, wonderful and fun birthday for Yuna, who is turning 20 tomorrow. She deserves one.

Last edited:

brownfox

On the Ice
Just a little clarification, her lp is not entirely about Arirang. It's a compilation of Korean folk songs including Arirang. I think it's a medley.

Happy Birthday Yuna!

parma

On the Ice
ATS just announced today that Yuna will leave Toronto and will find a new permanent training base in LA. Although she has not found a new coach yet, her team will continue to search for one in LA. In the mean time, she will be training at Michelle Kwan's family rink, East West Ice Palace rink, and use it as a temporary training ground.

Yuna is leaving Toronto tomorrow 9/6 and she and Michelle will have a press time on 9/7 with Korean media regarding the ATS LA show.

Last edited:
ATS just announced today that Yuna will leave Toronto and will find a new permanent training base in LA. Although she has not found a new coach yet, her team will continue to search for one in LA. In the mean time, she will be training at Michelle Kwan's family rink, East West Ice Palace rink, and use it as a temporary training ground.

:) Who couldn't see that coming? ;)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Yuna is leaving Toronto tomorrow 9/6 and she and Michelle will have a press time on 9/7 with Korean media regarding the ATS LA show.

Wow. I can only imagine all the girls in LA crowding into east west to get a peek. Sounds like the Kween and the Queen are getting very close :)