Yuna Kim | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

brownfox

On the Ice
ATS just announced today that Yuna will leave Toronto and will find a new permanent training base in LA. Although she has not found a new coach yet, her team will continue to search for one in LA. In the mean time, she will be training at Michelle Kwan's family rink, East West Ice Palace rink, and use it as a temporary training ground.

Yuna is leaving Toronto tomorrow 9/6 and she and Michelle will have a press time on 9/7 with Korean media regarding the ATS LA show.

Does it mean her SP is finish already? Do you think she will debut it on ATS show?

parma

On the Ice
Does it mean her SP is finish already? Do you think she will debut it on ATS show?

I am not sure, but I am sure we will find out about the details in a couple of days when she and Michelle talk to the media.

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Who couldn't see that coming? ;)

.......and if Yuna begins training with Rafael, doesn't it open the door for Mao to train with B?

Except that Mao does not want to leave Japan. The statement/insinuation from ATS about Mao and B wasn't true before - and won't be true in the future.

So who in the SoCal area will be Yuna's new coach?

What about Mr Nicks? Could he be the one to finaly convince Yuna to occassionally point her toes?

And there is always Frank Carroll! Could he be the one to teach Yuna how to do a prettier spiral? :)

Nah, and besides, after Ms Chin and Danny Kwan hasn't the poor man already suffered enough? :laugh:

Prediction - Charlene Wong will be Yuna's new coach. ;)

Last edited:

samsarah

Rinkside
.......and if Yuna begins training with Rafael, doesn't it open the door for Mao to train with B?

Except that Mao does not want to leave Japan. The statement from ATS about Mao and B wasn't true before - and won't be true in the future.

Please stop telling lies ATS.....;)

What about Mr Nicks? Could he be the one to finaly teach Yuna how to point her toes?

And there is always Frank Carroll! Could he be the one to teach Yuna how to do a prettier spiral? :)

Nah, and besides, after Ms Chin and Danny Kwan hasn't the poor man already suffered enough? :laugh:

Prediction - Charlene Wong will be Yuna's new coach.

I think Brian would make a good coach for Mao. But remember Brian’s last interview with Tribune (P. Hurshy)? He said he would never coach her :(

About your comments on ATS’s statement, I don’t think it was them who started mentioning Mao. Actually, they did not mention Mao’s name in any of their statements.

The closest thing to Mao you can get from their statement is the mention of “the other skater(s).” However, they made it clear in their initial statement that “the other skater(s)” was not the reason of the split. The main reason was neglect, according to them, and reasons that could not be disclosed.

I personally think Rafael could be a suitable coach for Yuna :)

janetfan

Match Penalty
I think Brian would make a good coach for Mao. But remember Brian’s last interview with Tribune (P. Hurshy)? He said he would never coach her :(

About your comments on ATS’s statement, I don’t think it was them who started mentioning Mao. Actually, they did not mention Mao’s name in any of their statements.

The closest thing to Mao you can get from their statement is the mention of “the other skater(s).” However, they made it clear in their initial statement that “the other skater(s)” was not the reason of the split. The main reason was neglect, according to them, and reasons that could not be disclosed.

I personally think Rafael could be a suitable coach for Yuna :)

I am not aware of any other elite skaters that Rafael is currently coaching so it is possible he could show Yuna the attention that was apparently lacking from B. :unsure:

Is Rafael still at Lake Arrowhead? If Yuna would like a quieter training base away from the bright lights of LA then it might suit her needs very well.

Last edited:

brownfox

On the Ice
What about Naomi Nari Nam coaching Yuna? She speaks Korean and she's an instructor at the same ice rink too.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The Nam - Kim connection likely sparks move to Los Angeles

Kim Yu-Na's decision to move her training to the USA and the East-West Ice Palace in Artesia, CA., likely was influenced by the fact that she knows Naomi Nari Nam who is an instructor at East West Ice Palace. More @ Blazing Blades

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
The Nam - Kim connection likely sparks move to Los Angeles

Kim Yu-Na's decision to move her training to the USA and the East-West Ice Palace in Artesia, CA., likely was influenced by the fact that she knows Naomi Nari Nam who is an instructor at East West Ice Palace. More @ Blazing Blades

The link you provided as Blazing Blades comes up as Xanga.com.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Michelle must be really genius to manage to take Kim at her rink, I m sure this was arranged before the split:biggrin:If I see Kwan as a skating coach sitting in KnC next to Yuna (or whoever else) I ll die the very next moment.:love:

Michelle must be really genius to manage to take Kim at her rink, I m sure this was arranged before the split. :biggrin:

I think Michelle was the one who secretly hacked Brian Orser's email account and caused all the trouble in the first place, just to lure Yu-na to LA. :yes:

parma

On the Ice
I think Michelle was the one who secretly hacked Brian Orser's email account and caused all the trouble in the first place, just to lure Yu-na to LA. :yes:

Kwan secretly attending an underground hacking school in Boston... :)