Yuna Kim | Page 63 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

jian10

Rinkside
Michelle must be really genius to manage to take Kim at her rink, I m sure this was arranged before the split:biggrin:If I see Kwan as a skating coach sitting in KnC next to Yuna (or whoever else) I ll die the very next moment.:love:

omg, I'm with you on that one.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I think Michelle was the one who secretly hacked Brian Orser's email account and caused all the trouble in the first place, just to lure Yu-na to LA. :yes:

Hey you know I didnt mean it that way:laugh:
But I think they might have discussed it, I mean she might be thinking already of leaving Orser around the time of the Korean show, she didnt wake up one day and said "Oh my toothpaste is over, what i do today?...lets leave Orser";)

csunny7

Rinkside
Have you watched this beautiful video clip? :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q68pK4uibaM&feature=player_embedded

Yuna fans made 'My favorite skater Yuna' video clip celebrating her 20th birthday.
All pictures in it are so creative and artistic. As I couldn't take part in that project, all I can do is :clap: to Yuna's competent fans.

yunalove , a cordinator of this event, posted it with following message:

" Happy birthday to Yu-na who has given much joy and happiness to figure skating fans from all over the world! A huge number of 'My favorite skater YUNA' were received from Korea, Italy, Belgium, Bulgaria, USA, Philliphine, New Zealand, Australia, China, Japan, and Taiwan, etc. (360 fans of Yuna sent 705 photographs to us!!!)..... The video clip is elaborated by a melody of 'Meditation De Thais', which is performed by 디즈니World♥(from Feverskating.com)."

-----
I hope Yuna watch it and be happy wherever she is!:love:

Last edited:

breeze

Rinkside
I'm very glad to hear that Yuna has a new place to train! IIRC, she said several times that she sometimes feels homesick. LA has a huge Korean & Korean American community, so she might feel closer from home there. (I heard there's even a movie theater dedicated to Korean films!) The only thing that worries me is that there are, well, too many Koreans who will recognize her, try to take pictures and get autographs.. She has also expressed her wishes about living a normal life, being able to walk on the streets freely, etc. and Toronto might have been a better place for that. I hope she can find a quiet, secluded training camp with a good coach. I don't know anything about ice rinks or skating clubs near LA area - any speculations on possible choices?

Last edited:
Michelle must be really genius to manage to take Kim at her rink, I m sure this was arranged before the split:biggrin:If I see Kwan as a skating coach sitting in KnC next to Yuna (or whoever else) I ll die the very next moment.:love:

You and me both, Seniorita! We can have a group death scene of GS devotees. And if Naomi Nari Nam is also sitting there...we can just float to the ceiling in delight.

So now my two favorite ladies' skaters seem to be in good places: Kim at EastWest (and let's not forget that the formidable Peter Oppegard is also there) and Mao Asada with Nobuo Sato. Here's hoping for an absolutely top-notch season for both ladies! This will be tremendous for all skating fans, and for skating itself.

breeze

Rinkside

Is it just me or is Yuna looking a lot skinnier now than when she was performing Bulletproof? :unsure:

Both girls look beautiful anyway, and I'll be sooo happy if Michelle can become Yuna's close friend/mentor while she's training at East West Ice Palace and inspire her to get the competitive fire back. The very person who motivated Yuna to become a figure skater! :) I know Yuna said she'll compete at 2011 WC but she didn't say anything specific about the following seasons, and I think she could learn a thing or two about building a long and successful competitive career from Michelle.

camion

On the Ice
It's not just you. Yuna looks gorgeous. She actually looked like she lost some weight from the time she was in L.A. for Yuna day. I really like how sexy and mature she looks in the metallic skirt and how she's been dressing lately.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Is it just me or is Yuna looking a lot skinnier now than when she was performing Bulletproof? :unsure:

Both girls look beautiful anyway, and I'll be sooo happy if Michelle can become Yuna's close friend/mentor while she's training at East West Ice Palace and inspire her to get the competitive fire back. The very person who motivated Yuna to become a figure skater! :) I know Yuna said she'll compete at 2011 WC but she didn't say anything specific about the following seasons, and I think she could learn a thing or two about building a long and successful competitive career from Michelle.

Well she's been training recently whereas before she had just had a lot of time off, so it makes sense that she would be thinner/leaner. I think she mostly just looks really thin in comparison to Michelle who is much more compact than Yuna due to her being significantly shorter.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Well she's been training recently whereas before she had just had a lot of time off, so it makes sense that she would be thinner/leaner. I think she mostly just looks really thin in comparison to Michelle who is much more compact than Yuna due to her being significantly shorter.

Is 5'2 vs 5'4 really such a signicant difference? :no:
A significant diffference might be 5'8 Joubert vs 6'2 Lysacek. :yes:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Is 5'2 vs 5'4 really such a signicant difference? :no:
A significant diffference might be 5'8 Joubert vs 6'2 Lysacek. :yes:

Maybe not in barefeet but in the pictures Yuna looks like 3-4 inches taller than Michelle and therefore more elongated, though it may be due to the differences in their shoes and skates.

seniorita

Record Breaker
wow Yuna is even more beautiful with hair down:), what did they say in press conf? was she asked about orser or her new rink?