Yuna Kim | Page 70 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Thanks for sharing that interesting blog, os!

I agree with the original blogger in that Yuna is a living example of the concept of "真、善、美"

YunaBliss, I would add that there are other skaters who embody that concept--and if we're lucky enough, we get to see them at it. And that's why many of us love skating so much. Certainly for me Michelle Kwan embodies that concept, as does Gordeyeva whether she skates alone, with Grinkov, with Kulik, or even with her kids. To me, Mao also embodies it, notably in that great tango exhibition she did last year. Virtue and Moir during the Mahler program opened the door to that kingdom as well. I don't know about the rest of you, but for me it's what I always hope to see when I watch skating, and sometimes I get my wish. That night the whole final six of ladies skaters were in that zone, I think.

brownfox

On the Ice
Yuna at the Korean festival http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2567/capture2cn.jpg

According to the news from the press conference for All that Skate LA, Yuna will likely announce her new coach next week!

EDITED: Acording to an ATS representative, they have already selected Yuna's new coach and will formally announce it next week, along with a new training venue. The new coach is an American male based in LA, according to ATS.

Yuna said, "I have no plans for other ice shows.....and will concentrate on my training and prepare for the 2011 World."

She also said she has been practicing 6 days a week!

----

I expect someone who is unknown.

Last edited:

brownfox

On the Ice
from twitter

Yu Na Kim will announce new coach at 2 pm California time, at rink in Artesia.

hmmm..:think:

YunaBliss

On the Ice
And the new coach will be in attendance! I can't wait to find out who he will be.... just 5 hours now!!