Yuna Kim | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

chloepoco

Medalist
And since this is Yuna News thread I want to post some Yuna links.

Here are her pictures made for Nike:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?i...arch_pos=-717977&k_type=0100&keyword=나이키&bbs=

And here are her new Nike commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW_ycv-UNNw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dl1hilzm84&feature=player_embedded

From all her commercials that I saw in the last few years I think I like the above ones the most.

She is definitely a beautiful girl!

adoreyuna

Rinkside
S.Korea's Kim gearing up for Olympic figure skating

The expectation is that Kim, like her coach, will claim an Olympic medal but Orser says she will not be following in his footsteps when it comes to carrying her nation's flag in the opening ceremonies on February 12.....

Kwan says South Korea's Kim Yu-na strong role model for next generation of Asian skaters

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Five-time world champion Michelle Kwan believes South Korean Kim Yu-na, one of the favorites for the Vancouver Olympics, is an influential role model for future figure skaters from the Asian nation.

Kim Yu-na, the favourite for the gold medal at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, is blazing a trail in a nation better known for its speed skating success.

At a recent practice in Toronto, where Kim has been training for three years, the five-foot-five-inch (1.65-metre), 103-pound (48-kg) figure skater said she felt the pressure entering her first Olympics with the hopes of a nation resting on her shoulders.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
S.Korea's Kim gearing up for Olympic figure skating

At a recent practice in Toronto, where Kim has been training for three years, the five-foot-five-inch (1.65-metre), 103-pound (48-kg) figure skater said she felt the pressure entering her first Olympics with the hopes of a nation resting on her shoulders.

Wow, tiny much? 103 pounds and all of it muscle, amazing she's that powerful on the ice.

french quarter

Rinkside
Yu-Na's donation

It's reported that Yu-Na donated about US$90,000 to UNICEF Korea for earth quake victims of Haiti. She has donated nearly US$3M for the last two years including this one.

Last edited:

kandidy

Final Flight
God bless her for all the good things she has done to figure skating and to mankind!:agree:

Ice&Glass

Rinkside
Article by Yeon-hap Korean News

Investigator (it's translator's ID) from FSU translated the article, and I corrected it a bit.

Title: "Figure Queen" Yu-Na Kim donated ₩ 100,000,000 to help Haiti.

Korean Committee of UNICEF announced on 19th that "Figure Queen" Yu-Na Kim (20, Korea University) donated ₩ 100,000,000 to Haiti as Emergency Relief Fund.

Kim said, "I felt heartbroken as I watched the scenes of many children suffering in Haiti. I hope that this (her donation) will help them," according to the announcement by Korean Committee of UNICEF.

The official of Korean UNICEF Committee said, "With this donation by Yu-Na Kim, we hope it would serve as a good opportunity to encourage those who didn't participate in donation yet to be more interested in Haiti.”

Korean UNICEF Committee announced that they started the fund-raising activities for Haiti from January 13th, and they delivered 0.5 million dollars to Haiti as the primary donation, and almost 30,000 Koreans participated in donation to ₩ 750,000,000, including primary donation until the afternoon of January 19th.

:agree: I love it when skaters do wonderful things off the ice.
Kudos to Yuna and all others helping those in need in Haiti. :clap:

This act of generosity just blows me away. Thanks to Ice&Glass and to Investigator for the translation.

N

n_halifax

What a very generous thing to do! Good for Yu-Na... and all of the other people of means around the world that are making private contributions to the better good of people in this world.