Yuna Kim | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

Daniel5555

On the Ice
This is her first book :) Now our Yuna can be called a writer :)
I've read some excerpts from it translated with Google and it looks very interesting. Basically it's a collection of stories from her life about figure skating.

I hope that some good translations of some parts of it will be available soon and, maybe, an English version will be published too...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I've never heard anything about her culinary skills.. just that she likes to eat.

Koreans are obsessed with eating. When I was there a few years ago, it seemed that all I did was go out to eat. :) Love the food, though.
I follow the k-pop scene somewhat and in all the interviews all the pop stars, especially the girls, talk about how much they love to eat. I think there it comes from the fact that they aren't able to actually eat that often.

csunny7

Rinkside
Yuna is a good role model not only for young skaters but all youngsters. :yes:
Apart from her excellent skating, I love her wonderful personality and work ethic.
I'd love to read her book translated in English ASAP :rock:

Last edited:

dorothea

Rinkside
Kim Yu-Na favoured for gold at Vancouver Games

TORONTO - Kim Yu-Na strides into a Toronto rink, remarkable in her solitude.

To folks outside of figure skating circles, the only clue to her identity is the word "Korea" spelled out in gold block letters across the back of her black track suit........

Thanks for the post.

My fovorite part is "Yu-Na just went into a class by herself, not just technically, but her passion for music and for skating, it's genuine," Orser says. "When the music comes on, she really draws you in. You can see that she's really loving the movement, loving being beautiful and moving beautifully, and it's genuine." ""She's a skater's skater, all the people in the skating world now just go 'Wow!"'
" It's genuine" ---- Yes, it is !:yes:

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Gosh no. Is this a joke? They have complete opposite personalities.

Ever heard of opposites attract? I just thought because they both live in Toronto, are the same age, and are amazing, cute, asian figure skaters they'd be an adorable couple. They both seem sweet and shy though so I don't think their personalities are really that opposite.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Yu-Na just arrived in Vancouver with Orser and Wilson!
She looks so beautiful and full of confidence!

Thank you for posting these :biggrin: I was waiting for these (because Yu-na said she would arrive on the 20th). She looks stunning, as usual, and Orser also looks dashing :love: My only hope for her is that she forgets about her country and legions of fans to skate for herself - my gut feeling tells me this will be enough for that elusive OGM (which she really wants). She's just a stunning skater. If she's clean, I don't see anyone beating her.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Great article with cute quotes from Orser. My favorite is:

He has tried to deflect attention away from himself, and toward Kim. If she wins, Orser joked, he will not run to the medal podium to claim the gold he lost in 1988.

“But maybe deep down, yes, it might make up for it a little bit,” Orser said. “Ask me when it’s over.”

I also like the opening.

As Kim Yu-na of South Korea skates her sassy Olympic short program Tuesday night, her coach, Brian Orser, is certain to pantomime his own James Bond routine along the boards.

He cannot imagine himself standing still in these eager and nervous moments. So he will move his arms, sway with the music, pace back and forth, hoping his energy will somehow become hers. And he will utter instructions under his breath: Pull in, relax, push, push.

“Maybe it’s me I’m talking to, I don’t know,” Orser said with a laugh.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/21/sports/olympics/21orser.html?hp

prettykeys

Medalist
lol

You can Google "YuNa Kim Forum" and get some practice reports if you aren't already a member ;) There used to be a link to her practice session, but YouTube took it down. Apparently, she was quite lively and in a good mood.

ryoko

Rinkside
I think Yuna should go out with the Korean short track speedskater Lee Jung Su (who has won two golds now), because he's really cute and they are also the same age^_^

NO Lee Jung Su is MINE. period. :love: Yuna can have lambiel :laugh: