Yuna Kim | Page 90 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I really hope she shows up at Worlds. I think most skating fans, South Koreans included, have been dying to see her competitive programs and would find seeing her at Worlds far more scintillating than seeing her skate locally in a show.

That said, I don't want her or any skater to be penalized by the ISU for not showing up at Worlds, especially this one where the schedule has been upended by unforeseeable events.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
jatale
cooper
The yunaforum.com site appears to be compromised. Here is the report from Google:
I had hard time logging in too. Apparently one of the moderators emailed me that someone is trying to hack the forum. It's like a deja vu again! I hope they can resolve the issue soon. I'm not a regular poster though I always visited the site because majority of the posters over there are not crazy fans like we used to. They're more respectful.
I just came to comment on this.
The site was hacked a bit, but no real harm could be done to users as far as I know. Now the problem is already fixed and admins are contacting Google and others to get the site out of dangerous list, but it may require some time. In any case, the site is not dangerous at all right now. If you want, you can turn off your security settings and access the site as usually.

P. S. I'm not an admin of that site, I just know what was going on there.

Krislite

Medalist
Looks like the press was there when she started practicing and they were only allowed to record for a few minutes. (Maybe she was there mostly for a press-conference and not a full practice session.) Here's a much better video of her practicing parts of her choreography:

http://etv.donga.com/view.php?idxno=201103220042314

It's looking really good from just the few passages we see. And I really like the step sequence--better than her more recent programs, I think, especially in terms of arm movements. I also like her expressions.

She looks tired, though, maybe still jet-lagged from the ride to Korea? She did arrive just yesterday.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
From this angle, it looks like it's improved. Her foot though ... can't tell, but at least she's improved the extension! :)

Her eyeliner style has changed too; it's more cat-eye. Is she using liquid now?

Wow that extension is so much better. I have seen skaters who achieve better flexibility in practice than competition, but yu-na never had a great spiral even in practice. Very nice.

From what I can tell Giselle looks very expressive and packed full of good chreo. If Yu-na does continue competing she better never leave David Wilson. He is to her what Lori Nichol was to Michelle. Maybe more.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
I am totally blown away by Yuna's practice pics... she looks better than ever! We need the Worlds now!!