Yuna Kim | Page 93 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

quikrush

Rinkside
Wow yunafan it was brilliant! Thanks! Yuna just keeps on getting better and better, she is a truly amazing girl.

yunafan1860

Rinkside
thank you everyone very much. the more I watch Yuna, the more I think she's seriously challenging for the title of the best actress ever as well. :D she truely reminds me of Callas or Duse in this segment. it's a phenomenal acting talent we have here. never seen such a display of tragic theatre on skates.

parma

On the Ice
Tentative skater list for Yuna's May 6~8 ice show has been released:

Shen Xue-Zhao Hongbo, ekaterina gordeeva, ilia kulik, stephane lambiel, brian joubert, Zhang Dan-Zhang Hao, alissa czisny, Jeremy Abbott, natalie peshala-fabian bourzat, Kwak Min-Jung

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Interesting that Joubert and Czisny are on the list while no other Worlds competitors have signed up yet. Patrick Chan has been in her shows the last three years but this year nobody knows when Worlds will be still, including Yuna. Russia would stage Worlds either mid-April or mid May so May 6 - 8 is probably not good for competing skaters if Worlds is to be in May.

yunafan1860

Rinkside
http://twitter.com/AllThatSkate/

If the translation makes sense, ticket sale should start on Apr 4. So the dates of the show are unchanged and she plans to compete at the end of April? praying!!

I didn't really expect glorious Katja Gordeeva in the cast. just the thought of her and Yuna smiling to each other on the ice is paradise. ATS the best show manager ever!

Hanaka

Rinkside
By the way, the day before yesterday, I read in a newspaper (it is one of the most serious-type major newspapers) , whose article was tiny, but it said that Yuna has sued IB Sports (her former management) and has sued them to pay her big amout of money. (I don't remember the exact amount)
Today I browsed a couple of international fs boards, but haven't seen any news of the suit posted.
All I have seen was the news of her shows in May.

Was it a kind of wrong information or did I misread it? Is it that really she has never sued IB Sports? :confused:

Last edited:

Johnnnn

On the Ice
By the way, the day before yesterday, I read in a newspaper (it is one of the most serious-type major newspapers) , whose article was tiny, but it said that Yuna has sued IB Sports (her former management) and has sued them to pay her big amout of money. (I don't remember the exact amount)
Today I browsed a couple of international fs boards, but haven't seen any news of the suit posted.
All I have seen was the news of her shows in May.

Was it a kind of wrong information or did I misread it? Is it that really she has never sued IB Sports? :confused:

As far as I know IB sports said they do owe some money to Yuna around $700,000~800,000.
The money was paid by her sponsors to be used for her training.
IB sports want some of the money and both parties could not agree on the amount so now they are letting the court decide. It was filed in Oct 2010.
I don't know what their contract was so I can't comment on who's right/wrong but over the years I noticed many people are trying to leech off her money and fame.
There is nothing wrong with protecting your own money and you make it sound like she(her agency) has done something wrong.
Looking at your history you are Mao's fan so I think i know what your motive is tho.

Last edited:

jatale

On the Ice
...I read in a newspaper ... that Yuna has sued IB Sports (her former management)... Was it a kind of wrong information or did I misread it? Is it that really she has never sued IB Sports? :confused:

Here is a link that explains what is going on:

http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=525840.html

This looks like just a ordinary contract dispute. IB Sports agrees that it owes her money but the total amount is being disputed. The courts will work it out. Also, most likely Yuna herself had nothing to do with this, it is probably the lawyers at her new management company who filed the suit.

Last edited:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Knowing some of the outright inhumane and horrific things perpetrated by talent companies in South Korea, I'm inclined to both side with Yuna and think she got off easy if all that happened was she got scammed.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
How does Yu Na's announced schedule mesh with the end of April, beginning of May schedule now announced for Worlds?

Has she made an announcement of her plans/changes to plans yet, if any?

parma

On the Ice
Yuna today said she will compete at the upcoming Moscow Worlds. She will be preparing for it with her coach Peter Oppegard on her side, who will fly to Seoul and join her soon.

Last edited:

adoreyuna

Rinkside
Yuna today said she will compete at the upcoming Moscow Worlds. She will be preparing for it with her coach Peter Oppegard on her side, who will fly to Seoul and join her soon.

Yes. She said she will concentrate on preparing Moscow Worlds in Seoul not going to LA.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Thanks for the update. Good news. I was wondering how her training for Worlds was going to proceed while she was in Korea.
Seems like Yuna had a plan B with Oppergard.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
I am jumping with joy!! It's official!! Yuna is definitely in for the Worlds Championship!!! She will also hold the ATS Spring ice show on May 6~8!!

jatale

On the Ice
This is wonderful news. Over on the Yuna forum it was reported that Yuna said in her press release that she has good memories of the 2007 COR competition and that the Russian audiences were very nice, and she is happy to compete there again.