Page 96 of 202 FirstFirst ... 46 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3023

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

  1. #1426
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    About the Holy Alliance, Kwan and Kim, if they had the inclination they could take over the US ice show scene.

    If only the US ice show scene existed for them to take over.
    Speaking of alliances - anyone get the feeling this may have been decided a few months ago?
    No one is surprised that Yuna trains at The Kwan family rink or that Karen's husband is her new coach.

    Just wondering if after winning the OGM Yuna's inner circle decided LA was a better place to be in the future.

  2. #1427
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by brownfox View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/new...medium=twitter

    yuna will be working with david wilson for her sp!
    i thought she already had a SP? wasn't she working with Shay-Lynn Bourne for her SP in August? Is she dropping that program?

  3. #1428
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Though actually, "fan" is an abreviation of "fanatic".
    ...yes, but in the fanworld (sci-fi, Star Wars, speakers of Elvish and Klingon, people who sew elaborate costumes for DragonCon, and so on), it's also the singular of "fen." I speak from glorious experience.

  4. #1429
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Though actually, "fan" is an abreviation of "fanatic".
    that may be so, but the two words have very different connotations, that's for sure.
    Last edited by R.D.; 10-06-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: fix typo

  5. #1430
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Speaking of alliances - anyone get the feeling this may have been decided a few months ago?
    No one is surprised that Yuna trains at The Kwan family rink or that Karen's husband is her new coach.

    Just wondering if after winning the OGM Yuna's inner circle decided LA was a better place to be in the future.
    Yes, I have always thought that once Yuna won the OGM, she and her Team were going to refocus on developing her skating via professional shows and business ventures rather than competitive skating. It's the only thing that makes sense--she's already won all the Big Prizes and in her shoes, I'd be cashing in also. It also makes sense to relocate to LA if you want to be in proximity to the biggest sports and entertainment power players and producers on the planet. She and her management probably have been in discussions on a variety of ventures that we have yet to hear about. I can completely understand Team YNK not wanting to go about babbling all the possible details until the ink on the deals was dry. I also think that even by late spring or early summer, she may have been undecided as to how she was going to deal with coaching situation. Not because Orser failed her or any of that nonsense about Japanese skaters, but because a committed relocation to LA pretty much forecloses on easily keeping a Toronto-based coach. And during this time period, there was silence and no communication from Team Kim...which eventually got interpreted the wrong way by many. In retrospect, perhaps at least with Brian, they could and should have played this differently, but too late now.

    I do not believe we will see YNK skate competively as an eligible skater again, not even at next year's Worlds. I think her interests lie elsewhere now, and more power to her. I suspect Team Kim expected that by early or mid-summer, she could break silence, formally wind things up with him without rancor, and move on. Except getting everything legally and financially in place for her new ventures probably took longer than expected and Orser had to push due to his need to get his fall coaching schedule settled for all his skaters. Followed by well...we all know this part.

    I'm not surprised by the selection of Oppegard from among the choices in the LA area. No question that the Kwan connection tipped things in his favor. However, I have a gut feeling that tapping him for new coach was not part of a specific original plan hatched back in the spring, but rather was something more recently identified and decided, maybe since the Korea ATS show in July.

  6. #1431
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    If so, it's a shame she and Orser couldn't have parted on more amicable terms...

  7. #1432
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Yes, I have always thought that once Yuna won the OGM, she and her Team were going to refocus on developing her skating via professional shows and business ventures rather than competitive skating. It's the only thing that makes sense--she's already won all the Big Prizes and in her shoes, I'd be cashing in also. It also makes sense to relocate to LA if you want to be in proximity to the biggest sports and entertainment power players and producers on the planet. She and her management probably have been in discussions on a variety of ventures that we have yet to hear about. I can completely understand Team YNK not wanting to go about babbling all the possible details until the ink on the deals was dry. I also think that even by late spring or early summer, she may have been undecided as to how she was going to deal with coaching situation. Not because Orser failed her or any of that nonsense about Japanese skaters, but because a committed relocation to LA pretty much forecloses on easily keeping a Toronto-based coach. And during this time period, there was silence and no communication from Team Kim...which eventually got interpreted the wrong way by many. In retrospect, perhaps at least with Brian, they could and should have played this differently, but too late now.

    I do not believe we will see YNK skate competively as an eligible skater again, not even at next year's Worlds. I think her interests lie elsewhere now, and more power to her. I suspect Team Kim expected that by early or mid-summer, she could break silence, formally wind things up with him without rancor, and move on. Except getting everything legally and financially in place for her new ventures probably took longer than expected and Orser had to push due to his need to get his fall coaching schedule settled for all his skaters. Followed by well...we all know this part.

    I'm not surprised by the selection of Oppegard from among the choices in the LA area. No question that the Kwan connection tipped things in his favor. However, I have a gut feeling that tapping him for new coach was not part of a specific original plan hatched back in the spring, but rather was something more recently identified and decided, maybe since the Korea ATS show in July.
    Disagree. If YuNa thought so, why didn't she choose the easiest solution?: declare retirement and leave Orser and then relocate to LA.

    If YuNa has no plan to compete in the Worlds, why does she need a new coach?

    I think she will go to Tokyo Worlds. Anyway, we will see what happens.
    Last edited by cosmos; 10-06-2010 at 11:22 AM.

  8. #1433
    Long live the Queen! YunaBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    444
    Yuna has repeatedly said in public that she will be training and focusing on the 2011 Worlds. I don't see her backing away from that promise.

  9. #1434
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    Disagree. If YuNa thought so, why didn't she choose the easiest solution?: declare retirement and leave Orser and then relocate to LA.

    If YuNa has no plan to compete in the Worlds, why does she need a new coach?

    I think she will go to Tokyo Worlds. Anyway, we will see what happens.
    Or practicing 3/3!!!! Or maybe Aunt Joyce was just messing around. LOL.
    Last edited by brownfox; 10-06-2010 at 01:17 PM.

  10. #1435
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post


    We haven't had this much excitement since Lebron James orchestrated an hour long TV program to announce where he would play basketball next year.

    just when I'd forgotten about that stupid affair. Seriously why bring him up again??? LOL

  11. #1436
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,253
    "Fan," (plural, "fen") > Latin fanaticus, > L. fanum, "temple": a person driven into an insane frenzy by a god. – or, in this case, by a pair of goddesses.

    :cheer:

  12. #1437
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    "Fan," (plural, "fen") > Latin fanaticus, > L. fanum, "temple": a person driven into an insane frenzy by a god. – or, in this case, by a pair of goddesses.

    :cheer:
    ugh. I feel sick...










  13. #1438
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    It's the only thing that makes sense--she's already won all the Big Prizes and in her shoes, I'd be cashing in also.
    Two U.S. ladies have won an ISU event that Miss Kim will probably never win.

  14. #1439
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Two U.S. ladies have won an ISU event that Miss Kim will probably never win.
    and she will never lose at that event either........

  15. #1440
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Entire Post
    I think your line of thought in itself makes quite a bit of sense. I agree that moving to LA was decided pretty quickly after the split news came out, so it might have been under consideration for a while before that. And I'm curious why LA? She picked the place first and then a coach. And I wonder if ATS really has some ventures planned for Yuna to take part in. AFAIK, the only such thing until now was the ice shows, and she said in an interview after ATS LA (or at the press conference with her new coach, I'm not sure) that she doesn't have any plan for ice shows right now. Do you have any ideas what ventures she and ATS might be investing time/money in?

    And I would like to point out (respectfully) that some part of your post is just speculation, and ignoring some information we got from various interviews. For example, team Yuna already told Brian after WC that he doesn't have to save a time slot in his coaching schedule for Yuna during fall, so there was no need for him to push for that reason. And he himself said in an interview after the Olympics that he wishes Yuna continues to compete but the decision should be totally up to her and she should spend enough time to figure out what she really wants.

    And as other posters already mentioned, Yuna repeatedly said in public that she plans to compete at Tokyo World. Of course plan can always change, but if Yuna could drag herself to WC 2010, I believe she will be able to show up one more time in 2011. (Okay, this is my own wishful speculation - but mine is not as far as saying "Oppegard? Yuna must be considering changing to pair and looking for a partner in LA!", which I read somewhere other than GS. )

Page 96 of 202 FirstFirst ... 46 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 146 196 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •