Page 99 of 206 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3090

Thread: Yu-Na Kim

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Wow, Gao?? Well, you never know. These predictions are fun. I predict Alissa will win the Grand Prix finals, nationals AND worlds.
    PREDICT, or HOPE?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    To make my previous comment a little more concrete, how about this: Does she want to make like Katarina Witt, or like Sarah Hughes? I mean that with all due respect to the three ladies.
    Those aren't her only two options, though. She could be like Kristi Yamaguchi or Shiz - judging from that other thread about Shiz, she hasn't fallen into mediocrity at all...
    Personally, I want Yuna to keep competing because it WOULD be cool to have another Kat. But I don't think Yuna will take my wishes into consideration.
    Last edited by Layfan; 10-07-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Down With It
    Those aren't her only two options, though. She could be like Kristi Yamaguchi or Shiz - judging from that other thread about Shiz, she hasn't fallen into mediocrity at all...
    I know; I was picking the two ends of the spectrum.
    Last edited by R.D.; 10-07-2010 at 08:03 PM.

PREDICT, or HOPE?
    I've decided that's going to be my strategy for my favorites this year. Instead of trying not to jinx them with optimistic statements, I'm going to go all out. Alissa will win worlds and go out on a high note. Mirai will win every subsequent worlds on her way to the OGM.

I know; I was picking the two ends of the spectrum.
    My answer: Neither. I'd like to think that the world has a wider assortment of options and values.

Custom Title
    Wow, Gao?? Well, you never know. These predictions are fun. I predict Alissa will win the Grand Prix finals, nationals AND worlds.
    Gao's 167+ put up at the JGP Graz was higher than what Wagner, Czisny, and Zhang usually put up and not far off what Flatt scores when she's "on" so idk, I don't think it's that far fetched. I mean, Mao and Yuna were both on the podium at their first Worlds at 16.

Apart from Gao (I think she can get on the World team, I just don't know if she will get the PCS to medal there), I think my predictions are totally plausible. I don't think anyone doubts that Kostner, Verner, and Abbott are talented enough to win World medals, I mean Kostner has already done it two (three?) times and Verner was 4th twice, and Abbott, well he just has to stop peaking at the GPF and Nationals....

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Gao's 167+ put up at the JGP Graz was higher than what Wagner, Czisny, and Zhang usually put up and not far off what Flatt scores when she's "on" so idk, I don't think it's that far fetched. I mean, Mao and Yuna were both on the podium at their first Worlds at 16.

Apart from Gao (I think she can get on the World team, I just don't know if she will get the PCS to medal there), I think my predictions are totally plausible. I don't think anyone doubts that Kostner, Verner, and Abbott are talented enough to win World medals, I mean Kostner has already done it two (three?) times and Verner was 4th twice, and Abbott, well he just has to stop peaking at the GPF and Nationals....
    Well, I think Gao has a good shot at the world team, too. I never thought about her actually medaling at worlds but as I said, you never know!

Custom Title
    Golly, the season has barely started, and YuNa's thread is almost 100 pages long. This season is going to be fun!

Down With It
    Well, I think Gao has a good shot at the world team, too. I never thought about her actually medaling at worlds but as I said, you never know!
    There exists a US Ladies prediction thread

And I'm at 75 pages on this thread, not 100...

On the Ice
    I don't know if someone posted this, but it sounds like Yuna is progressing.

Yu-Na Kim selected Peter Oppegard as her coach yesterday. This has caused internet hysteria that she will not compete again. Orser served as Yu-Na's main coach, but he was not her jump coach in Toronto. Oppegard could very well serve the same role, with jump help coming from other places if needed. Arutunian is in close proximity and could likely work with Yu-Na on her jumps. Oppegard is a very successful pairs coach, which means that he knows all about positioning and creating a picture on the ice. As a choreographer, he can really aid Yu-Na's ability to emote, expand her range of movement and polish her skating. When I saw the photo of him correcting her foot position, I was giddy with excitement. The Olympic Champion displays a strong affinity for the feminine boys. View a photo album of them working together. Oppegard previously taught Kim her double axel. They have not discussed her competition plans, but she remains steadfast that she will compete at Worlds. Yu-Na is in decent shape and has been running through her new programs at the East West Ice Palace.
    http://auntjoycesicecreamstand.blogs...el/Yu-Na%20Kim

And I'm at 75 pages on this thread, not 100...
    You.ve got your settings at 20 posts per page instead of the forum default, 15 post per page.

On the Ice
    i know yuna's LP is a combination of other Korean folk songs combined with arirang. i can see david wilson's choreography mixing it up with other traditional Korean dances..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2G-4...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-aOj...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzN_5...eature=related

combined with the elements of skating it will be stunning!!!!
    Last edited by lycan; 10-09-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Custom Title
    Yu-na's Infinitely Yours, SEOUL 2010 TV Commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7odHY7Myfs

This cf was aired during the ATS broadcast for Nbc.

Yuna nominated for the Sportswoman of the Year Award by Women Sports Foundation.

http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2010/...-the-year.html

The award banquet is tonight in New York, but it remains to be seen whether Yuna will attend.

Page 99 of 206 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 149 199 ... LastLast