LKR's U.S. Figure Skating Championships Previews | Golden Skate

LKR's U.S. Figure Skating Championships Previews

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well written, insightful and honest. I look forward to your breakdown of the men.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Very well written and I lots of good insightful information. I am amazed that you are but 16 years old.
I bet you are a straight A student. Ever though about journalism? Christine Brennan look out!

Trewyn

Medalist
Great! I was waiting for part 2 :). It's very insightful and it shows how closely you follow the happenings in skating world! Was Ashley injured around the time of 2008 Worlds? I didn't know! I know you predicted Rachael and Ashley to go 1-2 last year as well since they were the top US skaters in the GP then as well. Alissa surprised and Ashley bombed the SP and it was bye bye prediction. I for one hope that Ashley will be in the top 2. We haven't seen Rachael really bomb before (thoug COC definitely wasn't her best!) so I doubt she'll falter at Nats. Rachael will have the judges on her side; they wouldn't dare putting her second *again* if she's solid. So Rachael-Ashley does appear to be the more logical outcome... Alissa in third also seems very plausible and as you said very ironic. I would love for the Oly team to be Ashley/Alissa because this will be the last shot at the Olympics for Alissa (or at least it's rather unlikely she'll stay around til 2014) Sasha WD after the SP... would be such drama-queen behaviour. No one's counting on her right now, so I guess there won't be any major disappointments if she doesn't show up at all. Only her reputation is at stake here.

ae9177

On the Ice
Excellent analysis! I agree with all your predictions, except that somehow, I'm expecting Alexe to finish above Emily, and Mirai may be a dark horse if Ashley or Alissa makes mistake. Still hope Sasha won't WD, she'll make the competition much more exciting.

Chrstina Gao is one of my new favorite girls, she reminds me a lot of Michelle, that's the girl to watch in the next Olympic cycle.

Poker

Spectator
Good job, LKR, you should ask spokane2010.com to be their webmaster. Look at their website, there is no preview, no bio, no even the names of the athletes! I have never seen a major sporting competition that does not promote the competitors. Figure skating is weird.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Another terrific analysis. You are some insightful writer for a sixteen year old or an any year old for that matter.

fairly4

Medalist
okay--did your best,
can't say much more--
but politics will play a part at nationals
if zhang doesn't have a prayer now-what makes you think she will have a chance in 2014 when other skaters come into play.

as much as i want zhang to improve and go--her outlook in my eyes look grim from here on out.
2014 ==maybe miria-gao, baga, gilles will give her more of her money-flatt goes and stays in--she will be the it girl no matter who skates.
also nothing states as for now even if sasha wd-she won't be named.
politics. --sorry.
decent job not great but decent.