LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior) | Page 17 | Golden Skate

LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

christinaskater

Medalist
Akiko won her first medal, a silver medal at the Nationals!

Whohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO AKIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

mylastduchess

such a shame really Yukari can potentially be a podium threat. I wonder how inflated Mao's score could be though... I can't imagine her scoring 124-125 internationally with that skate.

christinaskater

Medalist
Akiko has amazing star power

She has a Michelle Kwan ability to take the audience in her journey of emotions!

She has one of the best artistry in the world in my opinion, personally i love her total artistry better than Mao, Yu-Na and Miki

Her body has the rare ability to really dance with the music!:bow::bow::bow:

Nadia01

Final Flight
such a shame really Yukari can potentially be a podium threat. I wonder how inflated Mao's score could be though... I can't imagine her scoring 124-125 internationally with that skate.

But isn't that why Mao is going to 4CC? SHe wants to know what intl judgse think about her SP/LP before Oly.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
i wonder why you think"the scores are inflated" before watching performances.
the jump layout is not good,the quality may be super great.so stop discussing before all great skates are broadcasted.
by the way i hope mao change 2A-2T to 2A-3T at 4cc.
i'm so proud of mao :love:

M

mylastduchess

But isn't that why Mao is going to 4CC? SHe wants to know what intl judgse think about her SP/LP before Oly.
she will get a pcs boost in Korea for bieng the only big name to show up. it won't be the same in Vancouver, she cant rely on her pcs when Yu-na regularly outscores her in pcs.

adamlondon

On the Ice
Yes 4 sspots would be entirely appropriate to this problem Instead of having the usual oldies doing the same things again and again a la Julia Sebstyen who;s about to break a hip, tugba karademir who;s been 20 something for ages( too many low finishes should be a ban), etc etc. the italian girls are flopping everywhere as are the finnish, and worst of all now the american girls are also poor as ever. the four here would certainly knock all of them off the top 10 easily

adamlondon

On the Ice

that's because the quality of her elements are so good and secure. i think people forget about the important fundamentals aside from jumps. i would say almost every picture you take of mao in her 4 mins can be framed and hung in the living room. can't say that about akiko though, whom i think still lakcs a lot in that area. i know i am unpopular saying that.

akiko still lacks finishes, her limbs are not turned out, her arms flail about and the phrasing to the music is not there. she skates fast and in an exciting way like slutskaya did pre 99/2000. to be honest i would say nakano has the better polish and potential to get up the podium at vancouver compared to suzuki.

christinaskater

Medalist
I disagree....

I think Akiko has the better artistry overall. She is the overall better skater

She is more consistent, she has shown solid results not only this season but last season as well

She has more natural artistry and is in better position this year than Yukari

To win the bronze medal in the Olympic year is really something! So kudos to her for that!

The spins of Akiko get level 4's and so do the spirals

The footwork is the best in the business

The jumps are more textbook than the leg wrap of Yukari which gets minus points from the judges.

All in all Akiko has the better chance!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Miki with another horrible outfit. Her LP is just about unwatchable for me.

Great jumps but nothing else that I like.

Glad Akiko finaly got fair marks....