LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior) | Page 14 | Golden Skate

LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

herro

On the Ice
While I'm happy for Yukari (she seriously might win this), I guess we should keep in mind that these are nationals scores...

herro

On the Ice
If Miki landed all those jumps, I wonder why her score was so low relative to Yukari's score. Usually it's the other way around isn't it, with PCS and all?

EDIT: actually, Miki did get higher PCS compared to Yukari. Her TES however is a bit disappointing. URs?

Last edited:

feraina

Record Breaker
If Miki landed all those jumps, I wonder why her score was so low relative to Yukari's score. Usually it's the other way around isn't it, with PCS and all?

EDIT: actually, Miki did get higher PCS compared to Yukari. Her TES however is a bit disappointing. URs?

Perhaps UR's, but also no third combo. 3T wasn't very steady?

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice

Her PCS were actually higher than Yukari's. She had much lower TES, as can be seen here: http://deepedge.m3.coreserver.jp/or/2009_L_fs_e.html .

On a somewhat related note, it looks like the Japanese version of the site (http://deepedge.m3.coreserver.jp/or/2009_L_fs.html) is updated before the English site, by about a minute or so.... just fyi.

(non-Japanese readers can still tell who's whom by cross-referencing with the skating order and/or SP placements)

DesertRoad

Final Flight
One or more of Miki's jumps were probably downgraded. Her TES is a miserable 52.12, which is currently 8th in terms of TES. The judges made a valiant effort to boost her up in the PCS, giving her the astronomical PCS of 64.64, the highest so far.

coconutpunch

Rinkside
Miki stepped out on her 3T combo, so she was unable to do a 3-jump combination - that probably cost her big time on the tech marks.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Miki must have had a bunch of DG's. Her TES score was 7th highest so far. 3 Junior skaters had better TES scores. :eek:
Without her PCS, she'd be slipping further back in this pack, so I guess lucky for her she got her Olympic spot via GPF finish.

herro

On the Ice
Very nice comeback for Mao. Wonder what her score here would translate to at an ISU event though.

herro

On the Ice
My only worry is that her technical side is still not as great as it could be. With her abilities and all, she was only about 4 points or so higher than Yukari for TES.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Ohhh... No second 3A... Sigh... She can fix that by the four continents!!! Great job though!! Now, Akiko need to place higher then Yukari or score around same as Yukari to get the spot! I'm looking at 185+

Moxie

On the Ice
Miki must have had a bunch of DG's. Her TES score was 7th highest so far. 3 Junior skaters had better TES scores. :eek:
Without her PCS, she'd be slipping further back in this pack, so I guess lucky for her she got her Olympic spot via GPF finish.

Yeah. o__o

But I've noticed that Miki tends not to do well in Japan. The media frenzy gets to her or something. GPF 09 was kind of a fluke. Lucky for her the next stop is Canada.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Yeah me too... She can't put 3-3 because she has no salchow!! I hope she practice her salchow and 3-3 before the olympics!! Still, I'm so happy for Mao's comeback!