LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior) | Page 16 | Golden Skate

LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

herro

On the Ice
While I admire Akiko for all she's been through and accomplished this season, I wonder if her skate today really deserved those points... I feel like her artistry/PCS is not as developed... but still happy she did well.

bluelutz

On the Ice
Akiko Suzuki

3F+2T+2Lo 3T-2A 3Lo(landed then fell) 3F 3Lz 3Lo-2A 3S

128.06 / 195.90 currently 2nd

mishieru07

On the Ice
Holy, effing sh*t (give me a language infraction, but there's no other way of expressing my awe). 0.17 separating Akiko and Yukari. The JSF is going to have a fun time figuring out who to send to the Olympics.

I would guess Akiko. If it had been the other way round (Nakano ahead of Akiko), they would have a problem.

Akiko has had a better GP season and even won the GPF bronze. I can't see how the JSF can justify sending Nakano instead.

WELL DONE AKIKO!! :love:

A bit sad for Nakano. I don't think she'll hang around for 2014.

M

mylastduchess

What animosity?

I'm just pointing out the absurdity of the criticism when their goddess is doing the same jump 4 times (b/c their argument is all about how Mao is soooooo much better than Yuna is every way).

Either way, I'm glad to see Mao skate well since I do like her skating quite a bit. But I don't care for Mao-bots. :)

you do know that the loop and the toe are the only choices to add to a 3/2 combination right? and who exactly are these Mao-bots? and how different are they from the Kim-bots who think that Yu-na is supeior in every way.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Mao Asada

3A 2A2T 3F2Lo 3Lo 3F2Lo2Lo 3T 2A

135.50 / 204.62

I am sorry but this score is hugely inflated. I just watched Mao, she was good, but seriously, a 135
for a program with 5 triples, and not one of them a triple lutz? She's never going to get that score internationally, considering last year at worlds she got a 122 for her FS with the 3a-2t. And Yukari scoring almost 200?

I really hope Akiko does well! I really want her to get that Olympics sport! How come her scores aren't up?

janetfan

Match Penalty
While I admire Akiko for all she's been through and accomplished this season, I wonder if her skate today really deserved those points... I feel like her artistry/PCS is not as developed... but still happy she did well.

That's interesting - because I find Akiko's musicality and steps on a whole different level from Miki and Yukari. So much more enjoyable to watch her perform

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
you do know that the loop and the toe are the only choices to add to a 3/2 combination right? and who exactly are these Mao-bots? and how different are they from the Kim-bots who think that Yu-na is supeior in every way.

Exactly what I was afraid of.

This is a MOMENTOUS and INCREDIBLE night filled with AMAZING skates for some of these ladies, so let's not ruin it for them with discussion over a skater that wasn't even there.

Thanks. :D

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
I would guess Akiko. If it had been the other way round (Nakano ahead of Akiko), they would have a problem.

Akiko has had a better GP season and even won the GPF bronze. I can't see how the JSF can justify sending Nakano instead.

WELL DONE AKIKO!! :love:

A bit sad for Nakano. I don't think she'll hang around for 2014.

I think someone mentioned this before, but JSF could potentially justify Yukari over Akiko given that the difference between the two is insignificant and that the former has more experience with large competitions. Though I'm not in favor of such a decision, it's not unlikely given that JSF was probably kicking itself for not sending her to Torino.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Is Akiko 2nd overall or only 2nd in LP?

No she is second overall, her score is 195.90 and Yukari's is 195.73.

And wow, Kanako was awesome! I expect she'll medal at Jr. Worlds and the senior Grand Prix circuit next year. She will get to go right? Esp now that Yukari and Fumie are retiring?

janetfan

Match Penalty
She's second overall & in the LP! Go Akiko!!!

Thanks - I hope Akiko makes it to Vancouver.
She is my favorite this season.

I have no idea which three Japan will send.

Seems like Miki gets another free pass as I thought Akiko beat her decisively at the GPF.

Glad to see the scores appeared more fair at natls than at GPF

camion

On the Ice
I think someone mentioned this before, but JSF could potentially justify Yukari over Akiko given that the difference between the two is insignificant and that the former has more experience with large competitions. Though I'm not in favor of such a decision, it's not unlikely given that JSF was probably kicking itself for not sending her to Torino.

I hope they don't do that. They shouldn't try to rectify their own mistakes at the expense of another skater's dream. As much as I feel for Yukari, Akiko has a better chance of medaling int'ly because I don't think judges will get over her Yukari's leg wrap- along with the fact I think Akiko's more charming.