LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior) | Page 18 | Golden Skate

LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

Shaba22

Final Flight
610x.jpg

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
These scores are hugely inflated. Akiko has never scored above 180 in international competition; her highest was mid-170s this year, and she scores 195 at the national championships (even after falling)? Wow.

Congrats Mao :D :D :D

christinaskater

Medalist
Congrats Akiko!

She landed 7 triple jumps! She still landed that triple jump , she proceeded to another step and sadly was out of balance, But all in all she was amazing! So well deserved!

janetfan

Match Penalty
These scores are hugely inflated. Akiko has never scored above 180 in international competition; her highest was mid-170s this year, and she scores 195 at the national championships (even after falling)? Wow.

Congrats Mao :D :D :D

Natls need to get the order/placements correct. Inflating the scores means nothing.

I am so very happy for Akiko.....but also sad for Yukari. She is not a skater I really like so much - but she is a great competitor, and it feels sad that she misses Olympics twice now.

That is why I can't stand the Olympic qualifying rules. It does not help skating keeping Yukari home so some skater who can barely do a 2A - but whose Federation pays their dues - gets to go. Boo, boo.....

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Agreed with Janetfan. It does no good for skating to keep someone like Akiko or Nakano home, though I suppose other federations would be annoyed if one country got to send 4 skaters.

life684

Final Flight
Ok here is Mao FS , quality is less than ideal. But, those who wanted to have a initial look at her program, this should do it.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Looks like she's skating well. It would do her skating (and marks, I think) a whole lot of good if the music was better suited to her, however.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I am so happy for Akiko and so sorry for Yukari at the same time. They were almost identical in scores but Akiko's breakthrough counted a lot. Yukari was good. Despite problems in jumps, she is really good at getting levels in other elements. Akiko can be a bit sloppy in these. But I love her jumps and steps and performance quality.

I hope that Yukari medals at Worlds.

Congrat to Mao! She was fab. I am glad that she did not do the second 3A. But she got a bunch of DGs on her double jumps and also does not get lvl4 on her spiral.

I wonder why Miki scored so low. She has not skated her FS well yet, always looking tired towards the end. The music is slow, which emphasizes that impression. I hope that she pulls herself together by Feb.

Has Lutz left Fumie? I also feel that she gained weight. But she skates faster than before and I like this program.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Protocols are out:

http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2009-2010/fs/national/

Everybody gets lumps of downgrades in their stockings. I'm happy to see that Mao's 3axel, which is even better than before, finally got ratified. She did get downgraded on the 2toe at the end of her 2a/2t and both 2loops on her 3f/2r/2r.

Miki's terrible TES is explained by the downgrades: both her second 3lutz and her 2axel got downgraded.

While Akiko's rousing straightline footwork didn't score that many points by itself (it's only level 2), it did bump her interpretation score a whole point higher than the rest of her PCS. That and seven triples will take her far, but she should look into upgrading her spiral sequence to something higher than level 1.

Yukari lost her Olympic berth on that stepout and under-rotation of that initial 3lutz. Just as well, as Akiko is definitely the breakout star of the season, and an Olympic without her would be anticlimactic.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Who designs Miki's costumes? Morosov? They say that they prepared seven. Hope she gets a better one at the Olympics. I was also wondering if Mao can change her LP costume. Akiko looks great in red. I also loved Fumie's, Kanako's and Yukari's costumes. Kanako looks very lovely in white.

I am not really sure if Akiko would score as good as this at international comps. This was really exceptional. It took many years for Yukari to get decent PCS. I hope that the judges try to get to know her better.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Who designs Miki's costumes? Morosov? They say that they prepared seven. Hope she gets a better one at the Olympics. I was also wondering if Mao can change her LP costume. Akiko looks great in red. I also loved Fumie's, Kanako's and Yukari's costumes. Kanako looks very lovely in white.

I am not really sure if Akiko would score as good as this at international comps. This was really exceptional. It took many years for Yukari to get decent PCS. I hope that the judges try to get to know her better.

I always thought Japanese Ladies had such lovely dresses - until this season. Miki and Mao, always so well dressed in the past have looked almost comical this season with so many bad costumes.

I thought Mao's dress today was OK - but not as good as in the past.
Miki seems to have become the poster girl for bad dresses lately.

As to Akiko - it is a different style of skating she shows - it is more like 6.0 skating, full of heart and emotion and not paying as much attention to some of the bizarre CoP requirements.

Is it true Akiko only got level one on her steps? That would be hard for me to believe as she has the most musical steps this season.

Maybe CoP frowns on steps that fit the music - both rhythmically and that portray a character so well.

Oh well, please forgive an old 6.0 fan who still thinks musicality trumps spazzy steps that have nothing to do with anything, and basically look so ugly.

Nadia01

Final Flight

Totally agree w/ you about the costumes!!!!!! (Miki & Mao)

Miki's at Nat was an epicfail. As for Mao, I don't think her costume is flattering for HER. She's so lovely, and she deserves better.

Nadia01

Final Flight
I always thought Japanese Ladies had such lovely dresses - until this season. Miki and Mao, always so well dressed in the past have looked almost comical this season with so many bad costumes.

I thought Mao's dress today was OK - but not as good as in the past.
Miki seems to have become the poster girl for bad dresses lately.

As to Akiko - it is a different style of skating she shows - it is more like 6.0 skating, full of heart and emotion and not paying as much attention to some of the bizarre CoP requirements.

Is it true Akiko only got level one on her steps? That would be hard for me to believe as she has the most musical steps this season.

Maybe CoP frowns on steps that fit the music - both rhythmically and that portray a character so well.

Oh well, please forgive an old 6.0 fan who still thinks musicality trumps spazzy steps that have nothing to do with anything, and basically look so ugly.

Akiko got lvl 1 on her spiral & 2 for step (LP)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Mao!! Happy for Akiko sad for Yuakari. The scores were so close between 2nd and 3rd.