LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior) | Page 20 | Golden Skate

LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
What do you think Mao is going to attempt second jump?Here she did
2A-3T.However she should have better choice,I think.(I thought she tried 2A-3T by approach) For intance,that 2A-3T or others.

Nadia01

Final Flight
What do you think Mao is going to attempt second jump?Here she did
2A-3T.However she should have better choice,I think.(I thought she tried 2A-3T by approach) For intance,that 2A-3T or others.

I'm confused. She did 2A/2T. She hasn't done any 2A/3T at Nat.

Also I don't understand your question, and I don't understand what you mean by "better choice".

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Oh,I made a mistake.Yes,she didn't do 2A-3T this time,but she said"i practice
3A-3T or some variety of combination jumps.so if she want,she could do it.
also her its entry reminds me of 2A-2T that she did a few years ago.
well i meant what will she attempt for second jump?

Nadia01

Final Flight
Oh,I made a mistake.Yes,she didn't do 2A-3T this time,but she said"i practice
3A-3T or some variety of combination jumps.so if she want,she could do it.
also her its entry reminds me of 2A-2T that she did a few years ago.
well i meant what will she attempt for second jump?

The plan as far as I understand is that Mao wants to do 3A/3T in SP.

I'm still not sure what she plans to do in LP.

If not a toeloop, she can try a loop right after her axel, but I'm not sure if she can do 3A/3L or whatever w/o DG. She can also try 3A/2T/2L, but again she got some DGs at Nat on her 3/2/2, so not sure if it's worth it.

Or she can do a sequence with other jumps, but I think that combination jumps look much more impressive in general. For whatever reason jump seqs don't really impress me the same way.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
The plan as far as I understand is that Mao wants to do 3A/3T in SP.

I'm still not sure what she plans to do in LP.

If not a toeloop, she can try a loop right after her axel, but I'm not sure if she can do 3A/3L or whatever w/o DG. She can also try 3A/2T/2L, but again she got some DGs at Nat on her 3/2/2, so not sure if it's worth it.

Or she can do a sequence with other jumps, but I think that combination jumps look much more impressive in general. For whatever reason jump seqs don't really impress me the same way.

How about

3A
2A/3A+2T+2Lo
3F+3T
3S
3F+3Lo
3(F)Lz
2A??

That can be something she can approach for next year maybe! That will get her 140+ for sure. For this season, I think she should concentrate and don't take too much risks! 3A+3T is still too risky... Remember this is an Olympic season!

:agree:

pokky_oc

On the Ice
And I think Mao CAN put 2A+3T instead of 3A+2T! It would give her good marks and if done OK, it would make the program a LOT better! She should practice her 3F+3Lo too for her FS before the Oly. Her 3F+2Lo looked really solid and her flip has really improved from her Rostlelecom Cup performance and Trophee Eric Bompard!

3A
2A+3T
3F+2Lo+2Lo
3S or 2A if going for 3-3 or if she is not going for her 3-3 do 3Lo
3F+3Lo or 3F+2Lo
3T
2A

That might be a good program for her at the Olympic games!

Nadia01

Final Flight
And I think Mao CAN put 2A+3T instead of 3A+2T! It would give her good marks and if done OK, it would make the program a LOT better! She should practice her 3F+3Lo too for her FS before the Oly. Her 3F+2Lo looked really solid and her flip has really improved from her Rostlelecom Cup performance and Trophee Eric Bompard!

3A
2A+3T
3F+2Lo+2Lo
3S or 2A if going for 3-3 or if she is not going for her 3-3 do 3Lo
3F+3Lo or 3F+2Lo
3T
2A

That might be a good program for her at the Olympic games!

I think your layout makes sense if she's not prone to getting DG on her 2nd jumps.

If you look at her Nat protocols for LP (jumps only) & base value if done correctly w/o DG:

3A / 8.2
2A + 2T < / 4.8
3F + 2L / 7
3L X / 5.5
3F + 2L < + 2L < X / 7.5 (? I'm not sure exactly how much it's worth if done right; but i think it's around 7.5 and 8.0 range...)
3T X / 4.4
2A X / 3.85

The only combo she didn't get DG on was 3F / 2L that she did during the 1st half of her program. (X = Credit for highlight distribution, jump elements multiplied by 1.1.) The jumps she does for the bonus (1.1) are easier ones: loop, flip, toeloop & 2A.

If you compare that to Yuna's current season layout, Yuna has adv b/c she puts her 2A/3T and 3Lz for the extra credit, which are worth more than Mao's 3F/2L/2L & 3T.

3Lz + 3T / 10
3F / 5.5
2A + 2T + 2L / 6.3
2A + 3T X / 8.25
3S X / 4.95
3Lz X / 6.6
2A X / 3.85

BTW -- you are right that Mao should put a 2A/3T OR a fully rotated 3/3 (for example 3F/3L or 3F / 3T, etc.) to get more pts for her jumps. I just didn't realize how much difference Lz & F can make in a program in terms of pts until I compared Mao & Yuna's. :-O

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Is it a wise idea to send Mao to 4cc? I've got the impression that Mao needs more time to train before the Olys rather than have yet another competition.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
It's only my opinion,we should comparing mao and someone after seeing their performances at 4CC. we don't know now what jumps she'll try and how she'll skate at international competetion. untill then,we would know whose condition is great.:rock:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Congrats to to Olympic team!

I feel bad for Nakano, getting left off twice, but honestly this is the most fair. I am overjoyed for Akiko, her freeskate is a joy to watch. Mao still has not redeemed herslef as a challanger to Yu-na for me. Her downgrades this season are as bad as the American girls. The fact that she did not even plan the second triple Axel has me worried. I am worried that even if she did land all three triple axels in Vancouver at least one will get the downgrade and even if not she is not getting any height on her doubles which keep getting downgrades. Her speed and chreography pale compared to Yu-na. Sure, this is an improvment over Cup of Russia, Mao winning the Olympc Gold looks very doubtful to me from here.

I really would like to see her go back to the 2007 jump layout with 3 Axel, 2 Axel 3 toe and a 3/3. Of course it is too late to do this now, she will have to wait until next year and then Sochi.

herro

On the Ice
Oh my goodness, I'm so heartbroken for Yukari!

Many skaters build their whole careers around the dreams of eventually going to the Olympics, and Yukari's been around the scene for so long and she still hasn't had the chance to go. She really has the potential to medal if she lands all of her jumps cleanly.

It makes me so sad that JSF had to choose between two skaters for whom this Olympics is likely to be the last. I know this is a far-fetched idea some of you may not like, but I wish Ando was out instead of Yukari...

Sylvia

Record Breaker

Moxie

On the Ice
The tech caller definitely went drunk for some of the level-calling. Thank goodness the final placements made sense.

Haha, I couldn't agree with both of your statements more. The judging was pretty wonky this competition. But I am thrilled with the final results.

Nakano has been pretty toe to toe with Suzuki so I don't think I would have thought it was unfair if she had made the Olympic team. But now Akiko can go to Vancouver with relatively less pressure than if she would have placed first (which a lot of people were saying was the only way she could make it to Vancouver). Personally, I think Yukari is a more polished skater. But Akiko is a much more joyous skater. It has been such a pleasure to watch her progression. And her costumes are so much better this season, compared to last!!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Just watched those videos, it's fine that Suzuki came in 2nd (I thought she should have won the FS) but I don't know why she was TEN points below Mao when she landed 7 triples and Mao only landed 5. Plus that bells LP does not have a lot of choreography between the jumps. Whatever though, I'm just so happy for Akiko :agree:

Kanako Murakami is also a joy to watch, like Akiko. I love how she always looks so happy and excited about her scores rather than sulky or sad. What a cutie, can't wait to see her on the Grand Prix circuit next year!

Dipyramidal

On the Ice
Just watched those videos, it's fine that Suzuki came in 2nd (I thought she should have won the FS) but I don't know why she was TEN points below Mao when she landed 7 triples and Mao only landed 5. Plus that bells LP does not have a lot of choreography between the jumps. Whatever though, I'm just so happy for Akiko :agree:

Kanako Murakami is also a joy to watch, like Akiko. I love how she always looks so happy and excited about her scores rather than sulky or sad. What a cutie, can't wait to see her on the Grand Prix circuit next year!

Mao had better GOE.

Iscariot

On the Ice
yukari out of the team!!!!:no: cant believe it, twice!, but i am so happy for akiko, such a fighter, a joy to watch, the only problem i see internationaly its the fact of pcs scores, yukari is more respected by the judges, and akiko never get what she deserves even gen she lands 7 triples, not even yuna or mao does that
Hope yukari medal at 4cc and worlds, she improved a lot this four years, taht at least she deserves something good for her
Ando wore the same dress as the star stripes skates evet but i dont like it even the program, probably she is just tired of this whole season, the tech element are not even close of what she is capable. hope she gets that 3/3:love: and the 2a/3t

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Ando wore the same dress as the star stripes skates evet but i dont like it even the program, probably she is just tired of this whole season, the tech element are not even close of what she is capable. hope she gets that 3/3:love: and the 2a/3t

She does the 3-3 all the time in practice and it looks good, I think she just played it safe at nats because she knows she already has the spot and wants to make sure she doesn't get injured before the Olympics. I think she will do those combos there. Imagine if she does 3lz-3lo, 2a-3t, and 4s....that would be amazing :love::agree::bow:

suosuo

Rinkside
She does the 3-3 all the time in practice and it looks good, I think she just played it safe at nats because she knows she already has the spot and wants to make sure she doesn't get injured before the Olympics. I think she will do those combos there. Imagine if she does 3lz-3lo, 2a-3t, and 4s....that would be amazing :love::agree::bow:

She said she won't consider 4S for Olympic,fyi