LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior) | Page 9 | Golden Skate

LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

dancingqueen

On the Ice
Love Miki’s SP performance ! :love: Beautiful movements with a lot of emotion, and well connected to the music ! I love how she uses her hands and fingertips sensitively.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Does anyone know when it starts? Japan time? EST USA?
The Ladies FS is scheduled for Sunday afternoon 3:30-7:25 pm in Japan (1:30 am start time US Eastern time early Sunday).

No live streaming, unfortunately -- Fuji TV's delayed broadcast of the Ladies FS is scheduled for Sunday evening 7:00 to 9:24 pm in Japan (5:00-7:24 am US Eastern time Sunday morning for those of us who hope to watch on the Internet).

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist

janetfan

Match Penalty

Thankyou - Akiko :rock: :rock: :rock:

I get so tired of the "CoP argument" that there is something wrong with Akiko's skating. I think she is just terrific and see faults with so many skater's that are getting placed above her.

Her jumps are amomgst the cleanest with the best air positions I have seen this season. Her musicality and steps are so superior it is embarrassing for me to say I am a skating fan when I see how she is scored. Give me a break gkelly and others who want to make up excuses for the judges. It is about the fact that the other girls have BIG sponsers.........

It's not like we are blind and can't see what an absolutely charming skater she is!!

I thought her SP was fantastic!!

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Thankyou - Akiko :rock: :rock: :rock:

I get so tired of the "CoP argument" that there is something wrong with Akiko's skating. I think she is just terrific and see faults with so many skater's that are getting placed above her.

Her jumps are amomgst the cleanest with the best air positions I have seen this season. Her musicality and steps are so superior it is embarrassing for me to say I am a skating fan when I see how she is scored. Give me a break gkelly and others who want to make up excuses for the judges. It is about the fact that the other girls have BIG sponsers.........

It's not like we are blind and can't see what an absolutely charming skater she is!!

I thought her SP was fantastic!!

Akiko is barely even a point out of second....I do not think there was any biased judging going on here.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
oleada, thanks! I have my computer hooked to a stereo system and these vids are in good stereo and high definition full screen for YOUTUBE! Take THAT icenetwork!

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Akiko has to be at the Olympics! She was perfect! I'm Irish by the way abd the music choise was brilliant!

Mao is BACK! I hope she does well tomorrow to show the world that she is BACK!!
Fantastic performance from Mao by the way!!

Love Mao and Akiko:love::love::love::love::love::agree:

silverlake22

Record Breaker

:clap::agree::laugh: perfect captions. I love how Fumie is considered a granny at 28, she still looks like she's 16!

I expect Kanako will pull up a slot or two tomorrow in the free, those youngins seem to have energy and stamina unmatched by their elder competitors. I bet she will finish ahead of Yukari and Fumie in the FS, maybe even Akiko or Miki or Mao if they mess up and she doesn't. She still has junior PCS though so maybe not.

sorcerer

Final Flight
is there any posibilities that mao's 3A got DG because of the take off, i know normally a 3A has a little bit of prerotation but dont know what to think abut this one:unsure:
The slo-mo replay aired on Fuji-TV looked like they downgraded on prerotation, Mao's blade turned almost 180 degrees.... so with the rule this year, it's not unthinkable.

Techs never "add" prerotation and short landing together, AFAIK.

...so Miki ando change the first part of the music, which i like, and also did not attempt the 3/3, does anyone know why? has she say domething on her interview?
She said that her first 3Lz landed without enough speed so she had to instantly decide to add 2Lo instead.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
The slo-mo replay aired on Fuji-TV looked like they downgraded on prerotation, Mao's blade turned almost 180 degrees.... so with the rule this year, it's not unthinkable.
What rule is this? Do you have a link or more information on it I can read up on? If they're being strict with the prerotation, I don't see how Mao will ever have another 3axel ratified (same with Lysacek, but he seems to get away with it).

Sylvia

Record Breaker
One thing to remember is that the technical panel is supposed to review the takeoff of any suspected pre-rotated jumps at regular replay speed, not in slo-mo.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Akiko>>>Yukari

I really hope she gets the marks she deserves tomorrow and gets that Olympic spot! For some reason I am not that impressed by Yukari's skating, she has a nice donut spin and is graceful but I prefer Fumie's skating to her's. And Akiko is just AMAZING :bow:

FTnoona

Final Flight
What rule is this? Do you have a link or more information on it I can read up on? If they're being strict with the prerotation, I don't see how Mao will ever have another 3axel ratified (same with Lysacek, but he seems to get away with it).

That's what i have been thinking too. Lysacek does the same takeoff as Mao or from what I see. Does he just get around more than Mao before he lands? Oh well.. Hope Mao gets her 3axel ratified in the long. Fighting Mao!!

Bennett

Record Breaker
I am kind of surprised to see Akiko and Yukari get PCS that are comparable to Mao and Miki. This is different from international comps. I am glad that Akiko got decent PCS for a performance from the heart. Yukari looked a bit cautious and I am a bit surprised that she placed higher than Miki. I wonder if Miki's already having the spot affecting the scoring (i.e., she does not need to win). Mao had DG and Yukari had ! but still placed higher than Miki.

Last edited: