Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

Tripping on the Podium
    I'll be logging out for some time, got to do the cooking for a late Christmas dinner. Meet you guys later! Chao!

I am hoping Miki will go for a 3/3 combo since she has nothing to lose.

Ayane Nakamura
    3flip-2toe, 3toe, 2a.
    54.60 32.80 21.80 0.00 #19

Custom Title
    Please write me Mao's, Yukari's and Akiko's jumps! Thanks!

Custom Title
    Go MIKI!

1. Mao Asada
    2. Yukari Nakano
    3. Miki Ando
    4. Akiko Suzuki

Go AKIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    1 Mao ASADA 69.12
    2 Yukari NAKANO 68.90
    3 Miki ANDO 68.68
    4 Akiko SUZUKI 67.84
    5 Kanako MURAKAMI 60.28
    6 Fumie SUGURI 58.70
    7 Yukiko FUJISAWA 55.82
    8 Mutsumi TAKAYAMA 54.92
    9 Ayane NAKAMURA 54.60
    10 Nana TAKEDA 54.54
    http://deepedge.m3.coreserver.jp/or/2009_L_sp_e.html

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaba22 View Post
    Did Miki attempt the 3-3?

Custom Title
    Wow, close competition! I'm worried for Mao though, if she can't get what looks like a clean 3a ratified, at Japanese Nationals of all places, she's never going to beat Yuna. Remember last year at worlds? Plus a 3a-2t has a lower base value (9.5) than a 3lz-3t (10) and the tech callers at the Olympics won't give her +GOEs for an underrotated combination, and Yuna's GOEs are huge.

I was thinking about if she went back to Clare De Lune, but I just realized Mao can't do 3lz-3lo right? I thought she didn't have a 3lz in her arsenal, anyone know what this whole situation is? Plus the 3loop at the end of the combination is sure to be downgraded, so Mao's best shot would be to try a 3f-3t, but with her hammertoe and odd flip takeoff I don't know how well that would go over with the judges.

I'm a little worried that Mao could be passed over by Joannie and Miki like last year or even Costner or some other European like Lepisto because you know if a European lady skates well and lands, say 5 triples in the FS at an event, the judges will go crazy and that skater WILL do well. I mean Carolina won silver at worlds with a messy skate, and Kiira and Laura each medaled this GP season over skaters that were much better (at least technically, but probably artistically too) for reasons I still can't figure out. Sigh...if only they had let Mao go to the Olympics in 2006, she probably could have won there whereas now I bet she'll get 3rd or 4th at best, worse if she messes up. The worst part is it's not even Mao's fault, but without a 3lutz, a 3-3, and a 3a capable of being ratified, she just doesn't have enough technical difficulty in her programs to hold her up in the standings, even her 3loop and 3-2-2 combo has been marked UR in competitions this season...

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Just watched Mao on
    http://www.justin.tv/skate_skate#r=VeI3I0E

Not bad.

Yeah, Mao looked good in the SP. Her spins were very good, centered and fast, except for the very last combo spin slowed down a bit toward the end.

That 3A looks pretty rotated, it should be ratified if the tech panel is having a good day. Too bad it wasn't ratified here... If it had been, she'd definitely score over 70. If she really doesn't have 3Z or 3-3 anymore, then I suppose she'd have to rely on the 3A. Or if she does, then I don't know *why* she is sticking to the risky 3A. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Wow, close competition! I'm worried for Mao though, if she can't get what looks like a clean 3a ratified, at Japanese Nationals of all places
    You must have missed last year's Japanese Nats when the tech caller went on an all-out DG spree on pretty much all of the ladies (which was a big part of why Fumie was first in the LP last year). :frown2:

Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Yeah, Mao looked good in the SP. Her spins were very good, centered and fast, except for the very last combo spin slowed down a bit toward the end.

That 3A looks pretty rotated, it should be ratified if the tech panel is having a good day. Too bad it wasn't ratified here... If it had been, she'd definitely score over 70. If she really doesn't have 3Z or 3-3 anymore, then I suppose she'd have to rely on the 3A. Or if she does, then I don't know *why* she is sticking to the risky 3A. *sigh*
    Actually Mao was going to attempt 3A/3T, but she ended up doing 3A/2T. (Fuji TV did an in-depth analysis on Mao's SP elements, etc. before she started. It was all in Japanese, so you may have missed it...)

Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    Did Miki attempt the 3-3?
    No.

She did 3/3 fine during warmup, but did 3/2 during SP.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Wow, close competition! I'm worried for Mao though, if she can't get what looks like a clean 3a ratified, at Japanese Nationals of all places, she's never going to beat Yuna. Remember last year at worlds? Plus a 3a-2t has a lower base value (9.5) than a 3lz-3t (10) and the tech callers at the Olympics won't give her +GOEs for an underrotated combination, and Yuna's GOEs are huge.

I was thinking about if she went back to Clare De Lune, but I just realized Mao can't do 3lz-3lo right? I thought she didn't have a 3lz in her arsenal, anyone know what this whole situation is? Plus the 3loop at the end of the combination is sure to be downgraded, so Mao's best shot would be to try a 3f-3t, but with her hammertoe and odd flip takeoff I don't know how well that would go over with the judges.

I'm a little worried that Mao could be passed over by Joannie and Miki like last year or even Costner or some other European like Lepisto because you know if a European lady skates well and lands, say 5 triples in the FS at an event, the judges will go crazy and that skater WILL do well. I mean Carolina won silver at worlds with a messy skate, and Kiira and Laura each medaled this GP season over skaters that were much better (at least technically, but probably artistically too) for reasons I still can't figure out. Sigh...if only they had let Mao go to the Olympics in 2006, she probably could have won there whereas now I bet she'll get 3rd or 4th at best, worse if she messes up. The worst part is it's not even Mao's fault, but without a 3lutz, a 3-3, and a 3a capable of being ratified, she just doesn't have enough technical difficulty in her programs to hold her up in the standings, even her 3loop and 3-2-2 combo has been marked UR in competitions this season...
    That's precisely why Mao is trying to do 3A/3T these days. That's the combination she tried at Nat, but she ended up doing 3A< / 2T.

She can't do 3Lz b/c she flutzes. ! can be costly when your competitors are very strong.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast