Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

Custom Title
    Mao's sp was really good. in fact, i think she pacing herself well for the olympics. we already seen Rochete having problems,and Yuna doesn't look as strong as she was after TEB.

if she has a strong Lp i think she would go back to being joint favorite for olympic title with Yu na.

Rinkside
    I think call on her 3A was rather harsh. It seemed to me little underrotated but no mroe than 1/4. In fact, after watching slow mo, a commentator on Japanese TV,who was first not sure it was rotated enough, was fairly confident that it was.. This reminded me of what Machiko Yamada recenlty said.She hinted that Mao's 3A tends to be downgraded nowadays because of preconception on the part of callers.

Apart from it, her performance was encouraging. I could really see that Mao was really nervous from practice but she pulled it off. I also thought that the new step sequence was improvement and matched the concept of the entire program.

Mao is quoted as saying that she might change 3A-2T to 2A-2T. If she plans to compete at 4CC, it may be a good idea to go for a safe jump layout and then give a go for two 3As at 4CC.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by I-witness View Post
    Mao is quoted as saying that she might change 3A-2T to 2A-2T. If she plans to compete at 4CC, it may be a good idea to go for a safe jump layout and then give a go for two 3As at 4CC.
    Yuna will not be at 4CC so that is probably a good idea. A clean, strong 2a is probably worth more than a UR 3a because of the GOEs. I think this is why Miki has only been doing the 3-2 recently. I do think she should still go for the 2a-3t though, 3t are not as easily downgraded as 3lo

Mao's 3A looked rotated to me, too. Akiko was fab.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Yuna will not be at 4CC so that is probably a good idea. A clean, strong 2a is probably worth more than a UR 3a because of the GOEs. I think this is why Miki has only been doing the 3-2 recently. I do think she should still go for the 2a-3t though, 3t are not as easily downgraded as 3lo
    I am sorry, what I meant is that it is a good idea to try a safe jump layout here at Japanese Nationals to secure her place in the olympic team and then try more ambitious one at 4CC.

By the way, here is the protocol of ladies SP.
    http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/...l/data0203.pdf

Custom Title
    is there any posibilities that mao's 3A got DG because of the take off, i know normally a 3A has a little bit of prerotation but dont know what to think abut this one

I still didn't like Mao. She is not as graceful as used to be.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
    is there any posibilities that mao's 3A got DG because of the take off, i know normally a 3A has a little bit of prerotation but dont know what to think abut this one
    I guess it is possible. If the tech caller added up the pre-rotation and the landing rotation together he would have arrived at over 1/4 turn cheat. Honestly though, Mao is experiencing a lot of sexist judging with this jump. When male skaters like Evan cheat the 3 axel everybody looks the other way because they are supposed to be able to land them with ease.

http://deepedge.m3.coreserver.jp/or/2009_L_fs_e.html

Ladies FS Starting Order. Any word on a streaming? This might be the most exciting event in skating yet this year.

Custom Title
    Does anyone know when it starts? Japan time? EST USA?

Custom Title
    Love Miki’s SP performance ! Beautiful movements with a lot of emotion, and well connected to the music ! I love how she uses her hands and fingertips sensitively.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yelyoh View Post
    Does anyone know when it starts? Japan time? EST USA?
    The Ladies FS is scheduled for Sunday afternoon 3:30-7:25 pm in Japan (1:30 am start time US Eastern time early Sunday).

No live streaming, unfortunately -- Fuji TV's delayed broadcast of the Ladies FS is scheduled for Sunday evening 7:00 to 9:24 pm in Japan (5:00-7:24 am US Eastern time Sunday morning for those of us who hope to watch on the Internet).

Custom Title
    Have you find any other SP videos other than Mao's ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Have you find any other SP videos other than Mao's ?
    Miki Ando
    Yuki Nishino
    Kanako Murakami
    Nana Takeda
    Akiko Suzuki
    Yukari Nakano

Custom Title

God bless you

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast