Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Is Akiko 2nd overall or only 2nd in LP?
    Overall

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    I would guess Akiko. If it had been the other way round (Nakano ahead of Akiko), they would have a problem.

Akiko has had a better GP season and even won the GPF bronze. I can't see how the JSF can justify sending Nakano instead.

WELL DONE AKIKO!!

A bit sad for Nakano. I don't think she'll hang around for 2014.
    I think someone mentioned this before, but JSF could potentially justify Yukari over Akiko given that the difference between the two is insignificant and that the former has more experience with large competitions. Though I'm not in favor of such a decision, it's not unlikely given that JSF was probably kicking itself for not sending her to Torino.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Is Akiko 2nd overall or only 2nd in LP?
    No she is second overall, her score is 195.90 and Yukari's is 195.73.

And wow, Kanako was awesome! I expect she'll medal at Jr. Worlds and the senior Grand Prix circuit next year. She will get to go right? Esp now that Yukari and Fumie are retiring?

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    She's second overall & in the LP! Go Akiko!!!
    Thanks - I hope Akiko makes it to Vancouver.
    She is my favorite this season.

I have no idea which three Japan will send.

Seems like Miki gets another free pass as I thought Akiko beat her decisively at the GPF.

Glad to see the scores appeared more fair at natls than at GPF

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    I think someone mentioned this before, but JSF could potentially justify Yukari over Akiko given that the difference between the two is insignificant and that the former has more experience with large competitions. Though I'm not in favor of such a decision, it's not unlikely given that JSF was probably kicking itself for not sending her to Torino.
    I hope they don't do that. They shouldn't try to rectify their own mistakes at the expense of another skater's dream. As much as I feel for Yukari, Akiko has a better chance of medaling int'ly because I don't think judges will get over her Yukari's leg wrap- along with the fact I think Akiko's more charming.

Akiko won her first medal, a silver medal at the Nationals!

Whohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO AKIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mylastduchess
    such a shame really Yukari can potentially be a podium threat. I wonder how inflated Mao's score could be though... I can't imagine her scoring 124-125 internationally with that skate.

Akiko has amazing star power

She has a Michelle Kwan ability to take the audience in her journey of emotions!

She has one of the best artistry in the world in my opinion, personally i love her total artistry better than Mao, Yu-Na and Miki

Her body has the rare ability to really dance with the music!

Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    such a shame really Yukari can potentially be a podium threat. I wonder how inflated Mao's score could be though... I can't imagine her scoring 124-125 internationally with that skate.
    But isn't that why Mao is going to 4CC? SHe wants to know what intl judgse think about her SP/LP before Oly.

Custom Title
    Solution: petition the ISU to give Japan 4 spots. :-P

Custom Title
    i wonder why you think"the scores are inflated" before watching performances.
    the jump layout is not good,the quality may be super great.so stop discussing before all great skates are broadcasted.
    by the way i hope mao change 2A-2T to 2A-3T at 4cc.
    i'm so proud of mao

mylastduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    But isn't that why Mao is going to 4CC? SHe wants to know what intl judgse think about her SP/LP before Oly.
    she will get a pcs boost in Korea for bieng the only big name to show up. it won't be the same in Vancouver, she cant rely on her pcs when Yu-na regularly outscores her in pcs.

Custom Title
    Yes 4 sspots would be entirely appropriate to this problem Instead of having the usual oldies doing the same things again and again a la Julia Sebstyen who;s about to break a hip, tugba karademir who;s been 20 something for ages( too many low finishes should be a ban), etc etc. the italian girls are flopping everywhere as are the finnish, and worst of all now the american girls are also poor as ever. the four here would certainly knock all of them off the top 10 easily

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    that's because the quality of her elements are so good and secure. i think people forget about the important fundamentals aside from jumps. i would say almost every picture you take of mao in her 4 mins can be framed and hung in the living room. can't say that about akiko though, whom i think still lakcs a lot in that area. i know i am unpopular saying that.

akiko still lacks finishes, her limbs are not turned out, her arms flail about and the phrasing to the music is not there. she skates fast and in an exciting way like slutskaya did pre 99/2000. to be honest i would say nakano has the better polish and potential to get up the podium at vancouver compared to suzuki.

I disagree....

I think Akiko has the better artistry overall. She is the overall better skater

She is more consistent, she has shown solid results not only this season but last season as well

She has more natural artistry and is in better position this year than Yukari

To win the bronze medal in the Olympic year is really something! So kudos to her for that!

The spins of Akiko get level 4's and so do the spirals

The footwork is the best in the business

The jumps are more textbook than the leg wrap of Yukari which gets minus points from the judges.

All in all Akiko has the better chance!

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast