Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

Custom Title
    Congrats to the Ladies, Miki, Mao, and Akiko.
    Mao-Winner of the Nationals
    Miki- The Most Successful Japanese Skater this season
    Akiko-Amazing GP Season and Amazing Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by adamlondon View Post
    akiko still lacks finishes, her limbs are not turned out, her arms flail about and the phrasing to the music is not there. she skates fast and in an exciting way like slutskaya did pre 99/2000. to be honest i would say nakano has the better polish and potential to get up the podium at vancouver compared to suzuki.
    I agree about polish. Yukari does not have stretch or turn-out either though. But I think that Akiko excels in her jumps. She gets pretty good TES. Let's see if Akiko can get at least the same level of PCS as Yukari. It is like that in Japan, but internationally Akiko's PCS can be scored pretty low, which could be more to do with the fact that she is new.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_C View Post
    I am really sad that Nakano Yukari didn't manage to get the Vancouver ticket. Such a narrow gap between 2nd and 3rd! It's so cruel. As for me, I would have sent Asada, Suzuki and Nakano to the Olympics - leaving Ando at home. Other countries would be happy to have only one of these great female skaters.
    I'm sad for Yukari, too. However, IMO, Miki is a great female skater too, whether you agree or not. It’s one thing to speak for yourself, it’s another thing entirely to pretend that you are speaking for all people and all countries of the world.

Congratulations for all the medallists !

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I always thought Japanese Ladies had such lovely dresses - until this season. Miki and Mao, always so well dressed in the past have looked almost comical this season with so many bad costumes.

I thought Mao's dress today was OK - but not as good as in the past.
    Miki seems to have become the poster girl for bad dresses lately.
    Well, I loved Mao's birthday cake dress from TEB, but I think this pink one is probably better suited to the music and the addition of the flower was nice. She DOES need a new FP dress though, this one for some reason reminds me of a clown.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by berrycute View Post
    Well, I loved Mao's birthday cake dress from TEB, but I think this pink one is probably better suited to the music and the addition of the flower was nice. She DOES need a new FP dress though, this one for some reason reminds me of a clown.
    I agree. I'm hoping that they saved the best costume for the biggest event of the season, OLYMPICS. yeah

Custom Title
    What do you think Mao is going to attempt second jump?Here she did
    2A-3T.However she should have better choice,I think.(I thought she tried 2A-3T by approach) For intance,that 2A-3T or others.

Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    What do you think Mao is going to attempt second jump?Here she did
    2A-3T.However she should have better choice,I think.(I thought she tried 2A-3T by approach) For intance,that 2A-3T or others.
    I'm confused. She did 2A/2T. She hasn't done any 2A/3T at Nat.

Also I don't understand your question, and I don't understand what you mean by "better choice".

Custom Title
    Oh,I made a mistake.Yes,she didn't do 2A-3T this time,but she said"i practice
    3A-3T or some variety of combination jumps.so if she want,she could do it.
    also her its entry reminds me of 2A-2T that she did a few years ago.
    well i meant what will she attempt for second jump?

Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    Oh,I made a mistake.Yes,she didn't do 2A-3T this time,but she said"i practice
    3A-3T or some variety of combination jumps.so if she want,she could do it.
    also her its entry reminds me of 2A-2T that she did a few years ago.
    well i meant what will she attempt for second jump?
    The plan as far as I understand is that Mao wants to do 3A/3T in SP.

I'm still not sure what she plans to do in LP.

If not a toeloop, she can try a loop right after her axel, but I'm not sure if she can do 3A/3L or whatever w/o DG. She can also try 3A/2T/2L, but again she got some DGs at Nat on her 3/2/2, so not sure if it's worth it.

Or she can do a sequence with other jumps, but I think that combination jumps look much more impressive in general. For whatever reason jump seqs don't really impress me the same way.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    The plan as far as I understand is that Mao wants to do 3A/3T in SP.

I'm still not sure what she plans to do in LP.

If not a toeloop, she can try a loop right after her axel, but I'm not sure if she can do 3A/3L or whatever w/o DG. She can also try 3A/2T/2L, but again she got some DGs at Nat on her 3/2/2, so not sure if it's worth it.

Or she can do a sequence with other jumps, but I think that combination jumps look much more impressive in general. For whatever reason jump seqs don't really impress me the same way.
    How about

3A
    2A/3A+2T+2Lo
    3F+3T
    3S
    3F+3Lo
    3(F)Lz
    2A??

That can be something she can approach for next year maybe! That will get her 140+ for sure. For this season, I think she should concentrate and don't take too much risks! 3A+3T is still too risky... Remember this is an Olympic season!

Custom Title
    And I think Mao CAN put 2A+3T instead of 3A+2T! It would give her good marks and if done OK, it would make the program a LOT better! She should practice her 3F+3Lo too for her FS before the Oly. Her 3F+2Lo looked really solid and her flip has really improved from her Rostlelecom Cup performance and Trophee Eric Bompard!

3A
    2A+3T
    3F+2Lo+2Lo
    3S or 2A if going for 3-3 or if she is not going for her 3-3 do 3Lo
    3F+3Lo or 3F+2Lo
    3T
    2A

That might be a good program for her at the Olympic games!

Quote Originally Posted by pokky_oc View Post
    And I think Mao CAN put 2A+3T instead of 3A+2T! It would give her good marks and if done OK, it would make the program a LOT better! She should practice her 3F+3Lo too for her FS before the Oly. Her 3F+2Lo looked really solid and her flip has really improved from her Rostlelecom Cup performance and Trophee Eric Bompard!

3A
    2A+3T
    3F+2Lo+2Lo
    3S or 2A if going for 3-3 or if she is not going for her 3-3 do 3Lo
    3F+3Lo or 3F+2Lo
    3T
    2A

That might be a good program for her at the Olympic games!
    I think your layout makes sense if she's not prone to getting DG on her 2nd jumps.

If you look at her Nat protocols for LP (jumps only) & base value if done correctly w/o DG:

3A / 8.2
    2A + 2T < / 4.8
    3F + 2L / 7
    3L X / 5.5
    3F + 2L < + 2L < X / 7.5 (? I'm not sure exactly how much it's worth if done right; but i think it's around 7.5 and 8.0 range...)
    3T X / 4.4
    2A X / 3.85

The only combo she didn't get DG on was 3F / 2L that she did during the 1st half of her program. (X = Credit for highlight distribution, jump elements multiplied by 1.1.) The jumps she does for the bonus (1.1) are easier ones: loop, flip, toeloop & 2A.

If you compare that to Yuna's current season layout, Yuna has adv b/c she puts her 2A/3T and 3Lz for the extra credit, which are worth more than Mao's 3F/2L/2L & 3T.

3Lz + 3T / 10
    3F / 5.5
    2A + 2T + 2L / 6.3
    2A + 3T X / 8.25
    3S X / 4.95
    3Lz X / 6.6
    2A X / 3.85

BTW -- you are right that Mao should put a 2A/3T OR a fully rotated 3/3 (for example 3F/3L or 3F / 3T, etc.) to get more pts for her jumps. I just didn't realize how much difference Lz & F can make in a program in terms of pts until I compared Mao & Yuna's. :-O
    Last edited by Nadia01; 12-27-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Is it a wise idea to send Mao to 4cc? I've got the impression that Mao needs more time to train before the Olys rather than have yet another competition.

Custom Title
    It's only my opinion,we should comparing mao and someone after seeing their performances at 4CC. we don't know now what jumps she'll try and how she'll skate at international competetion. untill then,we would know whose condition is great.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Congrats to to Olympic team!

I feel bad for Nakano, getting left off twice, but honestly this is the most fair. I am overjoyed for Akiko, her freeskate is a joy to watch. Mao still has not redeemed herslef as a challanger to Yu-na for me. Her downgrades this season are as bad as the American girls. The fact that she did not even plan the second triple Axel has me worried. I am worried that even if she did land all three triple axels in Vancouver at least one will get the downgrade and even if not she is not getting any height on her doubles which keep getting downgrades. Her speed and chreography pale compared to Yu-na. Sure, this is an improvment over Cup of Russia, Mao winning the Olympc Gold looks very doubtful to me from here.

I really would like to see her go back to the 2007 jump layout with 3 Axel, 2 Axel 3 toe and a 3/3. Of course it is too late to do this now, she will have to wait until next year and then Sochi.

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast