Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

Custom Title
    Oh my goodness, I'm so heartbroken for Yukari!

Many skaters build their whole careers around the dreams of eventually going to the Olympics, and Yukari's been around the scene for so long and she still hasn't had the chance to go. She really has the potential to medal if she lands all of her jumps cleanly.

It makes me so sad that JSF had to choose between two skaters for whom this Olympics is likely to be the last. I know this is a far-fetched idea some of you may not like, but I wish Ando was out instead of Yukari...

Custom Title
    Here are links to the top 5 free skates:

Mao Asada FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3HSQaJEoJI

Akiko Suzuki FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLscBppp2b0

Yukari Nakano FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaMVKC3lMgk

Miki Ando FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbzUs95F21Y

Kanako Murakami FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVXHjqdSTmE

Video of Japan's Olympic team being introduced in the arena: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy60mQxWBJY

Quote Originally Posted by coconutpunch View Post
    The tech caller definitely went drunk for some of the level-calling. Thank goodness the final placements made sense.
    Haha, I couldn't agree with both of your statements more. The judging was pretty wonky this competition. But I am thrilled with the final results.

Nakano has been pretty toe to toe with Suzuki so I don't think I would have thought it was unfair if she had made the Olympic team. But now Akiko can go to Vancouver with relatively less pressure than if she would have placed first (which a lot of people were saying was the only way she could make it to Vancouver). Personally, I think Yukari is a more polished skater. But Akiko is a much more joyous skater. It has been such a pleasure to watch her progression. And her costumes are so much better this season, compared to last!!

Custom Title
    Just watched those videos, it's fine that Suzuki came in 2nd (I thought she should have won the FS) but I don't know why she was TEN points below Mao when she landed 7 triples and Mao only landed 5. Plus that bells LP does not have a lot of choreography between the jumps. Whatever though, I'm just so happy for Akiko

Kanako Murakami is also a joy to watch, like Akiko. I love how she always looks so happy and excited about her scores rather than sulky or sad. What a cutie, can't wait to see her on the Grand Prix circuit next year!

Eien.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Just watched those videos, it's fine that Suzuki came in 2nd (I thought she should have won the FS) but I don't know why she was TEN points below Mao when she landed 7 triples and Mao only landed 5. Plus that bells LP does not have a lot of choreography between the jumps. Whatever though, I'm just so happy for Akiko

Kanako Murakami is also a joy to watch, like Akiko. I love how she always looks so happy and excited about her scores rather than sulky or sad. What a cutie, can't wait to see her on the Grand Prix circuit next year!
    Mao had better GOE.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipyramidal View Post
    Mao had better GOE.
    Oh okay. Still don't think it should be ten points higher but I guess that is the beauty of nationals, she won't score a 205 internationally with a 5 triple FS.

On the Ice
    Oh okay. Still don't think it should be ten points higher but I guess that is the beauty of nationals, she won't score a 205 internationally with a 5 triple FS.
    The same to Akiko's programs

Custom Title
    yukari out of the team!!!! cant believe it, twice!, but i am so happy for akiko, such a fighter, a joy to watch, the only problem i see internationaly its the fact of pcs scores, yukari is more respected by the judges, and akiko never get what she deserves even gen she lands 7 triples, not even yuna or mao does that
    Hope yukari medal at 4cc and worlds, she improved a lot this four years, taht at least she deserves something good for her
    Ando wore the same dress as the star stripes skates evet but i dont like it even the program, probably she is just tired of this whole season, the tech element are not even close of what she is capable. hope she gets that 3/3 and the 2a/3t

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
    Ando wore the same dress as the star stripes skates evet but i dont like it even the program, probably she is just tired of this whole season, the tech element are not even close of what she is capable. hope she gets that 3/3 and the 2a/3t
    She does the 3-3 all the time in practice and it looks good, I think she just played it safe at nats because she knows she already has the spot and wants to make sure she doesn't get injured before the Olympics. I think she will do those combos there. Imagine if she does 3lz-3lo, 2a-3t, and 4s....that would be amazing

On the Ice
    She does the 3-3 all the time in practice and it looks good, I think she just played it safe at nats because she knows she already has the spot and wants to make sure she doesn't get injured before the Olympics. I think she will do those combos there. Imagine if she does 3lz-3lo, 2a-3t, and 4s....that would be amazing
    She said she won't consider 4S for Olympic,fyi

Lambiel is the best!!
    Gosh, I'm so sad for Yukari....and Fumie!
    Best of luck in all their future endeavors!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by suosuo View Post
    She said she won't consider 4S for Olympic,fyi
    Haha I know I'm just saying what if. I hope she at least does the 2a-3t at Olys, I understand the 3lz-3lo is very difficult and easily downgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by *Sniper* View Post
    Gosh, I'm so sad for Yukari....and Fumie!
    Best of luck in all their future endeavors!
    I agree with your sentiments. I was rooting so hard for Akiko - but I feel sorry for Yukari for twice coming so close and not making the Olympic team.

I wish ISU was able to issue a few "wildcard" spots and if that was the case Yukari would certainly deserve one.

Good luck to Yukari and Fumie always.......

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I wish ISU was able to issue a few "wildcard" spots and if that was the case Yukari would certainly deserve one.
    I agree. I want Yukari to be at the Olympics and for Flatt, Nagasu, Wagner, and Czisny to be there too. It's a shame that countries with many talented skaters can't send more competitors the the Olympics.

I think this is Akiko's breakthrough year and she is just building a name for herself in the international arena! But once she gets the respect of the international judges with more consistent and brilliant performances then she will surely make a huge statement!

4 Continents will be a really important event!!!!

I believe her bronze medal at the GPF was the catalyst for her

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast